Arkansas

ABrownGMG

6 minutes ago, ABrownGMG said:

Arkansas is about to lose to Colorado State pending a miracle

This has to be seen as a negative thing for us, right? SOS doesn't look as good and now Arkansas will have an extra layer of motivation to not get upset two weeks in a row. 

SOS is pretty irrelevant for us, given that even if a G5 goes undefeated the CFP Committee still won’t give them any playoff consideration.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

They (Arkansas) gave up 25 unanswered points to lose the game. While their rushing game looked better today, their defense is not very good this year (certainly not good enough to be competitive in the SEC).   We will turn a lot of heads next week and I'm even more confident after today's games.  Go Mean Green!

Edited by Mean Green Fan4Life
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

SOS is pretty irrelevant for us, given that even if a G5 goes undefeated the CFP Committee still won’t give them any playoff consideration.

That's kind of what I was thinking but I'm in an optimistic mood tonight so I was considering draft profiles at the end of the year. 

• Lovely Take 1

23 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

No matter what we do this year we will still have to pick from same bowls and would be lucky to get ranked.

Now make noise this year then we can worry about the strength of our schedule next year. I don't think people understand how irrelevant we have been and that matters the most to the voters. UCF had been awesome for a few years and look where they are ranked.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

No matter what we do this year we will still have to pick from same bowls and would be lucky to get ranked.

Now make noise this year then we can worry about the strength of our schedule next year. I don't think people understand how irrelevant we have been and that matters the most to the voters. UCF had been awesome for a few years and look where they are ranked.

They were 0-12 two years before their undefeated season last year. Scott Frost was hired as a result of the 0-12 season. I think we make our mark this year.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Well if we do manage to win CUSA it will be pretty important as we fight with the other G5 teams for the New Years six spot. 

• Lovely Take 1

48 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Really?  Their three years prior to last year were 9-4, 0-12 and 6-7. 

6 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

As someone who has recently escaped living in Arkansas, I would love nothing more to beat the hell out of the Hogs. 

This is going to be a huge test for us. If we beat the Hogs, we are the real deal. Yes, Arkansas is garbage. But, beating SEC garbage is still going to take a huge effort, and a team that is firing on all cylinders. 

I'm hopeful, but UNT is going to have to prove they have it in the tank. 

• Upvote 4

I just don’t see a win.  I wanted to believe, but tonight’s game didn’t give me that faith.  

We still can’t open holes in the running game and Mason spent WAY too much time bailing out of the pocket because Incarnate Word defenders were getting through.  I don’t believe we have the O-line to get the job done.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Just now, RiseUNT said:

Just expand your argument one more year.

11-1.  Proves they have been inconsistent, not awesome. I take "a couple of years ago" to mean two or three.   Our last three years are pretty close to their three prior to last year.