TCU vs SMU

MEANGREENCOACH2

1 minute ago, EagleMBA said:

Last week, and again tonight, I thought I detected a SMUt tendency to play with energy and aggressiveness until they hit a little adversity. Just a small setback seemed to take the starch right out of them. As for Hicks, his body language says to me that he gets a bad attack of the givashits after a screwup or two. They need coaching on the Hilltop! JMHO.

Hicks has shown he has the ability to do it, but he looks so damn disheveled every time he comes off the field.  That's your field general that doesn't give a crap.  Why would you follow him?

Just now, peanuts104 said:

Hicks has shown he has the ability to do it, but he looks so damn disheveled every time he comes off the field.  That's your field general that doesn't give a crap.  Why would you follow him?

Agree! That is called leadership...Fine has it and Hicks doesn't have a clue; he seems to be all about himself. Did you happen to catch that little interview with him tonight? The interviewer said "If you could ask (What'shisname, the ex-NFL QB announcer) one thing, what would it be?". Hicks said "Whats the biggest difference between the college and professional game for a quarterback?". The putz already visualizes himself at the next level. Don't want to help SMU but I would get someone ready and bench Hicks if I was Sonny. Even a game or two might improve things.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Half stats

TCU 11 first downs, 177 total yards

SMU 8 first downs, 167 total yards

Updated

TCU 22 first downs, 387 total yards

SMU 13 first downs, 242 total yards

NT  34 first downs, 529 total yards

SMU  9 first downs, 256 total yards

TCU and SMU had a wet rainy field to contend with, and TCU didn't give up 3 tds in last eight minutes of garbage time

Still being TCU is number 16 in the nation, the SMU and TCU game should raise the perception of the NT program.  

Totally based on the two SMU games, I think it would be difficult to say TCU is better than NT.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Do you notice how they color their seats to give the appearance that it is fuller than it truly is?  What’s next? will SMU start paying people to sit in the stands or maybe put mannequins/robots out there?

They'll probably fill the stands with hookers.

• Haha 1

This from ponyfans.  It's good to see somebody else suffering what we've been through the past ten years.  It's even better that it's them. 

I've been on this board for a long time. At the game tonight was the first time I ever thought SMU should just give it up (and I have been to many games at ford). Drop down to FCS and focus on hoops. I know the weather sucked but it was easily 5 to 1 tcu fans and I don't blame the smu fans. If I was an SMU fan I would just be done with it. I really respect those of you who keep up the fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2018 at 6:52 AM, dodgefan said:

So much insecurity. You people rely on what others say, for your self esteem. North Texas will beat the Hogs!

Things must be slow on the Austin Westlake fan board this afternoon.  Better keep an eye on things down south.  The Chaps are 1-1 and that don't fly at Westlake.

• Haha 1