One Thing I Liked I Haven't Seen Mentioned

MeanGreenHoops

2 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Little late to this since the game was 6 days ago but...

I really liked how for a big game where we should have had a chip on our shoulder, we didn't come out throwing punches, getting into shoving matches, talking trash like we've done in the past right before getting whipped. We actually came out like we were better and just destroyed them, like we didn't even care who they were

That occured because we are a much better coached team.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 5

On 9/7/2018 at 8:29 AM, MeanGreenHoops said:

Little late to this since the game was 6 days ago but...

I really liked how for a big game where we should have had a chip on our shoulder, we didn't come out throwing punches, getting into shoving matches, talking trash like we've done in the past right before getting whipped. We actually came out like we were better and just destroyed them, like we didn't even care who they were

Not the case against UIW.  The team struggled with Selfless and Disciplined.  Even Rico Bussey, who is normally cool and collected, was called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  There were a few other times that I thought a flag for the same could have been thrown against UNT, but wasn’t.  I hope the coaches light into them a bit more this week on their conduct.  We don’t need those big penalties for stupid stuff. 

Side note: it was a little disappointing (but not surprising) to hear the students chanting “You Suck You Suck...” at a little catholic FCS school that was getting their tail whooped. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Side note: it was a little disappointing (but not surprising) to hear the students chanting “You Suck You Suck...” at a little catholic FCS school that was getting their tail whooped. 

Side Note to that Side Note: The shenanigans of the UNT student section are a source of frequent criticism by me when I’m at the games, so I’ll agree with you in that regard, and in the sense that Incarnate Word is a small school, but aren’t we a few centuries too far into the post-enlightenment period to be giving schools extra sympathy because they are “Catholic” or “religious?” 

I mean, come on, we’re less than a month away from the (again) reveal that there is systemic criminal acts going on within  the Catholic Church, but we’re somehow supposed to act like they’re a morally superior opponent we have to be nice to? Religious schools have been flaunting their supposed moral superiority in College Football for years (Catholics vs Convicts, anyone?). I’d prefer our student section to not be such jerks, but I’m not going to require them to pay additional respect that the opponent doesn’t deserve on account of them being a religious school. I’d argue the same with the Fightin Falwells of Liberty when they show up here next year. 

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1