Carry In Seatbacks

Hookset

When I picked up my season tickets I was told I could no longer use my folding stadium seats. I would have to purchase a foam cushion or purchase the green plastic seats for this season. My wife wants a seat with a back, so I paid to have the green seats installed. At the smu game people all over the stadium were carrying in and using their folding stadium seats.

What gives??? Did they see sucker on my forehead???

Anybody else told they couldn’t use their folding stadium seats?

• Upvote 3

I saw people all around me that brought their folding seats. I don't know if they were given a stern look and a finger-wag by the security people, then told not to try it again.

200w.gif

• Haha 2

We entered thru the South gate..alumni side....no one even gave us a second look. Buttt.....everyone around us questioned us. So I've looked at all material I received with my ticket packet and no where does it say "No Folding Stadium Seats". Guess. I better Call to see if they 

Un-screwed this.

Edited by RBP79

We were in a group of 8 people, 6 of us brought in folding stadium seats. That's nuts if they tell you no...The intent is not them to leave you no choice but to rent their seat backs...The intent is them telling you "To make it more convenient, for a yearly fee, we'll install a seat back and you dont have to lug your personal seat around...

Edited by trud1966

The rented seatbacks are in dire need of replacement. My seat in 105 has stripped bolts and tips forward every time I move. Several others around us complained of the same thing. I’m afraid I’ll break it. Not sure who I need to speak to about this. 

See you Saturday. 

GMG!

The flyer that came with the season tickets said “seat cushions without a pocket or compartment were allowed”. Some of the stadium seats have been designed to carry extra stuff and it sounds like that was what they were trying to avoid. Nothing was said about cushions with backs.

Ok..its game day never heard anything official...so called ticket office..closed on Sat......Get a call from Mason at ticket office asking if I needed something.......yea popped the question he checked and said should be no problem bring in stadium seats period. Hope they passed that along.

34 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Ok..its game day never heard anything official...so called ticket office..closed on Sat......Get a call from Mason at ticket office asking if I needed something.......yea popped the question he checked and said should be no problem bring in stadium seats period. Hope they passed that along.

Situations like these are why I keep Reggie on speed dial.  If he can't come down and fix it personally, you can bet damn skippy he'll have somebody there in five minutes or less. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1