How Loud Was Apogee?

keith

I wonder if anyone had a decible meter.   This was by far the loudest I have ever heard the UNT fandom.   Well done Mean Green faithful.  You are a major part of our home field advantage.  Keep making Apogee our opponent's worst nightmare.

Which play was the loudest?

There were a lot to choose from, but two plays that stick out in my mind and were reinforced watching the replay were:

https://watchstadium.com/live/141126/

1. The sack by Ejiya  (9:48 mark)

2. The pick 6 by Hall (37:39 mark)

What do ya think? 

9 minutes ago, keith said:

I wonder if anyone had a decible meter.   This was by far the loudest I have ever heard the UNT fandom.   Well done Mean Green faithful.  You are a major part of our home field advantage.  Keep making Apogee our opponent's worst nightmare.

Which play was the loudest?

There were a lot to choose from, but two plays that stick out in my mind and were reinforced watching the replay were:

https://watchstadium.com/live/141126/

1. The sack by Ejiya  (9:48 mark)

2. The pick 6 by Hall (37:39 mark)

What do ya think? 

Loudest I heard on Stadium was Guytons 3q TD. Also fight song coming Thru strong! 

I have an app on my phone (free) called Sound Check, sponsored by the Starkey hearing people. I didn't think to check the crowd noise because I was into the game. I did check the sound level when the wrestling came on. It was consistently above 90 decibels and broke 100 decibels on numerous occasions. Of course, that was PA system and not the crowd.

That is a good app to have on your phone if you can get it free. Mine is Android, I don't know about availability for iPhones.

The Pick Six was pretty huge eruption of noise.  I do have to say though, as big as the crowd was, we still have work to do on the noise level.   I still dont think we hit the noise level we did at that Apogee Stadium opening against Houston.  

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, trud1966 said:

The Pick Six was pretty huge eruption of noise.  I do have to say though, as big as the crowd was, we still have work to do on the noise level.   I still dont think we hit the noise level we did at that Apogee Stadium opening against Houston.  

I could definitely be wrong, but that first touchdown in the stadium I think is the loudest it’s been. That day the crowd was just another level of amped up (until the game got away from us). 

As for the SMU game, my money would be on the pick 6. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Did the Alumni side attendance and participation meet the requirements of the usual suspects?

I’m one section over from you in 106.   I was disappointed.  Good crowd, but disappointed in the engagement.  It didn’t slow me down though.  

IMHO, the crowd noise from the SMU game didn’t come close to the noise we generated during The Stand a few years back. 

The only time the crowd noise caught my attention at the SMU game was when the band took the field at pregame.  That was loud and unexpected from the students.

Note:  Stadium does an excellent job of mic placement, really bringing the crowd and band sounds through the TV. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

3 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Houston game was louder. I think the SMU game could have been if SMU would have done their part and made it a game. They were so bad the pins and needles energy was gone way to early. 

Right.   The pick 6 pretty much put SMU's fight to bed, so it didnt seem to really get much louder than Guyton's 1st TD & the pick 6.

I am having trouble explaining this so it sounds meaningful but I commented to my friends in Section 110 in the 1Q that there was a literal buzz of idle chatter, i.e. noise at times there wasn't a play going on, that made the base level of fan interaction louder than anything I can remember at Apogee or Fouts. It was palpable: the fans were into the game in a way that made me feel like the stadium is giving us every bit of our money's worth. North Texas now has a true home field advantage that we never had at Fouts, AKA the library.

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

16 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

I am having trouble explaining this so it sounds meaningful but I commented to my friends in Section 110 in the 1Q that there was a literal buzz of idle chatter, i.e. noise at times there wasn't a play going on, that made the base level of fan interaction louder than anything I can remember at Apogee or Fouts. It was palpable: the fans were into the game in a way that made me feel like the stadium is giving us every bit of our money's worth. North Texas now has a true home field advantage that we never had at Fouts, AKA the library.

GMG

I kinda feel like you're not giving the army of crickets at Fouts enough credit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 3

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I’m one section over from you in 106.   I was disappointed.  Good crowd, but disappointed in the engagement.  It didn’t slow me down though.  

IMHO, the crowd noise from the SMU game didn’t come close to the noise we generated during The Stand a few years back. 

The only time the crowd noise caught my attention at the SMU game was when the band took the field at pregame.  That was loud and unexpected from the students.

Note:  Stadium does an excellent job of mic placement, really bringing the crowd and band sounds through the TV. 

Strange the different perspectives people have had on this subject.  I thought the crowd noise was fairly tame.  Which makes sense when you consider the game was never in doubt by halftime.  

• Upvote 1