Guyton Overcomes Brutal Concussion

UNTLifer

This is a play that I wish they would simply make illegal in football.  I have nothing against a good, hard tackle, but a vicious hit (not a tackle) with the intent to dislodge the ball or inflict injury on the other player (defenseless or not) should have no place in the sport IMHO.  I realize this would have to be a judgement call by the officials, but it's pretty obvious when it happens and this play is a perfect example.  There was no attempt to "wrap him up and take him to the ground."  The defender was in a perfect position to actually tackle him, but chose to launch his body in such a way that serious physical injury was much more likely.  Just one man's opinion, but this type of play should not be part of football.

• Upvote 3