Razorback Alum and Fan here... AMA

PokeyPig

20 minutes ago, NTFan11 said:

I was able to get off of work to travel to Arkansas  next week. Any suggestions on where to look for a hotel? 

At this point in the game, it's going to be really what you can find.  Should be a lot still available up around the Rogers area.  That area is all relatively new and there will be plenty of places to eat, etc.  However, that puts you further away from getting back home.  You can stay in Van Buren, which would get you out of the mountains and closer to home, but those hotels are older and a little more sketchy.  

If you're wanting to stay around after the game and do some drinking/eating, if there's anything left in the Fayetteville area I'd grab it.  I can't think of any offhand I'd say to expressly avoid.   

Next time if you, or any one else reading this, have time to plan ahead I'd try either The Dickson Street Inn or the Inn at Carnal Hall.  I've never stayed in either, but have alway wanted to.  The Dickson Street Inn looks really quaint with the patio over looking Dickson Street and all - plus being right on Dickson has it's own advantages.  Carnal Hall is at the very corner of the campus right near Old Main.  I had a few classes in the building when i was a student, then they converted it into a hotel.  Looks like they did a great job.  Again, all the perks of walking distance to game/Dickson St etc.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the game in Fayetteville this year while thinking about the game I went to in Little Rock in 1968.

Both teams had outstanding years with NT going 8-2 with losses to Arkansas (17-15) and Memphis (who accounted for 3 of NT's 5 losses in a three-year period). Arkansas went 10-1, including a 16-2 win over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and one loss to Texas, who beat Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl.

Hard to believe I am headed to see NT play in Arkansas fifty years after that 1968 game.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, NTFan11 said:

I was able to get off of work to travel to Arkansas  next week. Any suggestions on where to look for a hotel? 

I'd imagine most hotels are booked up, so act quick. The weekend we play Arky, is family weekend at the university, so there is going to be a lot of people (not saying it is not already a mad house on game weekends there).

I booked a Airbnb at a house near campus. It is walking distance from the stadium, so no worrying about parking for my group. I'd suggest checking out some airbnb's in town. Either that or book a hotel in Bentonville or Rogers.