Parking issues last Saturday

NTEX91

I purchased parking for the orange lot for the SMU game through the ticket office.  I was sent a printable pass with the appropriate bar codes via email.  Upon entering the lot I was told both bar codes were invalid.  I showed the parking attendant the email I received with the attached parking purchase.  The attendant told me there had been many issues and they were told to just let us in.  Anyone else have this problem?

• Lovely Take 1

They scanned the barcode on my blue lot passes just fine.  They were the fancy ones printed and distributed with season tickets.

Isn't the orange lot the Fouts lot? What's the benefit of buying ahead when parking there?  All the years in the past I've parked at Fouts, I just rolled up with a crisp Hamilton and gotten right in.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 1

It’s my understanding, according to the Athletic Dept. email I received, they are charging more if you pay upon entry.  They were encouraging folks to purchase online or through the ticket office. I am sure any issues will be worked out by Saturday.  With what we were treated to last Saturday, I would have gladly paid triple to park.  GMG....trash the Cards.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

Parking was horrible, hour circulating the stadium then emphatically told we couldn't enter the Green lot on this route.  Also had someone in our parking spot, so had to notify parking attendant  because we took someone's else's spot.  No way was I going to find another lot. 

They must have worked that out because there was a different car in our space at the end of the game.  Have no idea how they did that.  

Complained to NT official and were told it was a new parking group working and they had some start up problems.  

Also had someone sitting in the middle of our seats which is not unusual.  This jerk was unusual, he simply moved down into someone else's seat and I watched him make another couple of moves as fans came in, always toward the field.   He ending up in a premium chair back slot on about the fifty and I guess enjoyed the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I had no issues with parking.  We arrived about 5:15, found a spot walked to Apogee, scanned my tickets off my phone, got a bite to eat, visited with some friends, found our seats, made some new friends and enjoyed watching smuT get smoked.  Walk back to my truck, drove north to Oak took a left and was on I35W and headed home in no time.  I did the Fouts parking knowing the lots around the stadium would be slow going with the expected crowd.  Great time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jredallas said:

The only concern I really had was that it would be nice if the blue lot entry had a separate line for passes versus those paying on game day.  It seemed that the purchases would hold up the line for a bit, and then several would proceed quickly with just scanning and going. 

This is a great idea and would probably be feasible if the City of Denton ever gets around to expanding Bonnie Brae.  Until then, I think it is only able to handle a single lane of traffic.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jredallas said:

The only concern I really had was that it would be nice if the blue lot entry had a separate line for passes versus those paying on game day.  It seemed that the purchases would hold up the line for a bit, and then several would proceed quickly with just scanning and going. 

this was an issue Saturday. There was only 1 person there for a while & she was trying to do both. There was a long line back along NT Blvd and on the 35 service road, it took me an hour to get from Bonnie Brae to NT Blvd.  Finally another person showed up to help and they were trying to separate those of us with passes and those that wanted to pay. I saw several cars just drive right in without paying at all. My son bought an orange pass online and the attendant couldn't get it to scan Saturday either. He ended up driving south on Bonnie Brae and someone down there was charging $10 to park on their property. 

Hey, these are good problems to have!

• Upvote 1

We got there early (5:15pm) and had hardly any wait and parked in the orange lot using the pre-paid option ($12) compared to $15 cash.  My scan code worked on my phone.  My brother arrived about 5:45pm and it took him about 45 minutes to park in the orange lot because he was stuck in a slow moving line.  Hopefully, the Athletic Department will be all over this to speed up the entrance into that lot!

• Upvote 2

Getting to the Blue Lot was a pain.  It probably took 15-20 minutes to get from Bonnie Brae/I-35E to Bonnie Brae/Orange Lot entrance across from the home side entrance.  Once I saw the car ahead of me was waiting to enter the cash lot, I was able to get around him.  It took 5 seconds to get to the Blue lot from there, only took a couple of minutes to  get scanned into the Blue Lot.  The major issue was trying to find a parking spot.  I drove around the lot multiple times looking for a space, before finally finding one on the south side of Victory.  I'm not sure how I feel about cash to park in the blue lot.  Seems like it defeats one of the perks of being a season ticket holder.  Maybe they should start assigning spaces in the blue lot.  The other issue is people taking up multiple spaces in the Blue Lot to tailgate.  Aside from the added hazard of people standing/sitting in the lanes of travel, It hogs up parking spaces. 

Take your tailgate to the grassy areas.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, jredallas said:

Came here to say this.  I got stuck behind somebody fumbling through a change purse trying to purchase a pass for cash, and I don't even know if the attendant person had change. I ended up just driving around them and more or less ignoring the attendant.  

Then again, since the point of entry is about three feet wide, how would they have a cash lane and a pass lane? 

A word they like to use in Organizational Behavior in UNT's MBA program is "Valence."  That is perceived value.  My blue parking lot pass has lost some of its "valence." 

Then again, again, back in 2015 when I could've done 80mph donuts in the blue lot ten minutes before kickoff with no fear of hitting another vehicle, who'd've thunk we'd ever be discussing this issue? 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Came here to say this.  I got stuck behind somebody fumbling through a change purse trying to purchase a pass for cash, and I don't even know if the attendant person had change. I ended up just driving around them and more or less ignoring the attendant.  

Then again, since the point of entry is about three feet wide, how would they have a cash lane and a pass lane? 

A word they like to use in Organizational Behavior in UNT's MBA program is "Valence."  That is perceived value.  My blue parking lot pass has lost some of its "valence." 

Then again, again, back in 2015 when I could've done 80mph donuts in the blue lot ten minutes before kickoff with no fear of hitting another vehicle, who'd've thunk we'd ever be discussing this issue? 

I'm absolutely thrilled that we have to worry about problems like this and hope they get worse in the future.

That said, the situation with the Blue Lot was unacceptable. Having only one person standing there was completely insane, there was little traffic control when the backup reached 35, and there is the ongoing concern about devaluing the Blue pass. They just seemed completely unprepared.

Received this email a few minutes ago Wren seems on the ball. 

fbvsSMU2.jpg

Thank you for your support as a loyal football season ticket holder and Mean Green Scholarship Fund member! With a record-setting crowd attending last Saturday’s home opener, we experienced some difficulties in the MGSF parking lots around Apogee Stadium. To ensure a first class experience for all of our fans and to alleviate those difficulties, additional parking attendants will be on hand for the remainder of the season to help you and your guests access your respective lot. Additionally, we strongly encourage all Mean Green fans to arrive early on game days to help alleviate traffic congestion in and around the stadium. If you have any questions, please contact the Mean Green Scholarship Fund at 940-369-7284 or mgsf@unt.edu.

Green Lot
The Green Lot can be accessed from Bonnie Brae or the southbound frontage road north of Apogee Stadium.

White Lot
The White Lot can be accessed from Bonnie Brae or the southbound frontage road north of Apogee Stadium.

Black Lot
The Black Lot can be accessed from the southbound frontage road north of Apogee Stadium.

Blue Lot
The Blue Lot can be accessed from Bonnie Brae or North Texas Boulevard.

Friendly Reminders:

• Arrive early! Apogee parking lots open at 7:00 am, and stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kick-off.
  • Need extra parking for a game? We now offer single game parking options in the Orange and Blue Lots! Click here for more information.
  • All parking passes, including ADA accessible passes, in the Green, White, and Black parking lots are assigned to a specific space.

5 hours ago, Legend500 said:

I'm absolutely thrilled that we have to worry about problems like this and hope they get worse in the future.

That said, the situation with the Blue Lot was unacceptable. Having only one person standing there was completely insane, there was little traffic control when the backup reached 35, and there is the ongoing concern about devaluing the Blue pass. They just seemed completely unprepared.

That's weird.  I arrived at 10:30 am and there were 3 people working the blue lot Bonnie Brae entrance.  I wonder why some split off.

On 9/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, Marty said:

this was an issue Saturday. There was only 1 person there for a while & she was trying to do both. There was a long line back along NT Blvd and on the 35 service road, it took me an hour to get from Bonnie Brae to NT Blvd.  Finally another person showed up to help and they were trying to separate those of us with passes and those that wanted to pay. I saw several cars just drive right in without paying at all. My son bought an orange pass online and the attendant couldn't get it to scan Saturday either. He ended up driving south on Bonnie Brae and someone down there was charging $10 to park on their property. 

Hey, these are good problems to have!

It was an hour for me also brother.  I won't park in the blue lot again this year.    I would rather park in the orange and walk.

And, I did have a prepaid parking pass 😞

I always park at east side and either take the shuttle or uber/Lyft. I hate dealing with the parking and traffic. $15 round trip to uber. 

The houses on the soutside of the stadium down Bonnie Brae usually offer make-shift parking lots for a fee as well. Ala cotton bowl/state fair parking. One of the houses used to be owned by the track coach. Not sure if he’s still there. That was nice because there was no traffic getting out. You just head south and cut through Denia(shhhh! Don’t tel them)

6 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

I always park at east side and either take the shuttle or uber/Lyft. I hate dealing with the parking and traffic. $15 round trip to uber. 

The houses on the soutside of the stadium down Bonnie Brae usually offer make-shift parking lots for a fee as well. Ala cotton bowl/state fair parking. One of the houses used to be owned by the track coach. Not sure if he’s still there. That was nice because there was no traffic getting out. You just head south and cut through Denia(shhhh! Don’t tel them)

good to know John's still doing shuttles. is there ever any issue with bringing booze on the shuttle...not open container, but say a 12 pack of beer or bottle of american brown?