Fry's 1'st Ever Game To Coach At North Texas Video Short

PlummMeanGreen

Any of you ever seen this video snippet?

I ran across this somewhere surfing the net. It was Hayden Fry's very 1'st game to coach at North Texas against the UT-Arlington Mavericks in Texas Stadium.  My first game as a UNT student matter a fact and many of you on GMG.com were there, too.

Amazingly clean, sharp video since its been 45 years since that first game on September 8, 1973.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlZufkojsbE

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Myself and 5 friends were at this game at Texas Stadium.

Big crowd! Loud!

Only, the North Texas

lost this game something like 31-14.

North Texas moved the ball up and down the field, only to have turnovers kill the game for North Texas. The team played well though. Bigger and better things were to come to this team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Myself and 5 friends were at this game at Texas Stadium.

Big crowd! Loud!

Only, the North Texas

lost this game something like 31-14.

North Texas moved the ball up and down the field, only to have turnovers kill the game for North Texas. The team played well though. Bigger and better things were to come to this team.

31-7 actually

I believe that #31 for UTA scoring that TD was future Detroit Lion Dexter Bussy. I believe he was a transfer from Oklahoma.

And for those who might be a bit embarrassed about losing to UTA, they beat TCU two years later 24-7 at ACS without Dexter Bussy in the backfield.

UTA had some pretty good football teams and they would have developed into a great rivalry with us had their administration not pulled the plug on the program.

Edited by SilverEagle

Yes, that was a great came and the only one we played at Texas Stadium that season if I recall correctly.  It was too bad we got thumped as there was quite a build up with this being Fry's first game with NTSU. 

That was also the season that we tied for the MVC championship with a 5-5-1 record, including a win over that pinhead Lee Corso's Louisville team.