Avoid Fan Letdown

meangreanmick

I can see a big disinterest in the game. Last year when we played Lamar, a similar unknown team (though definitely MORE known) -- we had ~19k in attendance. 

When it comes to giving away my extra club seats - no one will jump at going to see IWU. I imagine people will get that same response too.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

Anyone heard what the AD is doing to pump up attendance for this week given the opponent?

Putting up a stage at mid-field where the wrestling exhibition was. Promoting it as an "uplifting experience".

200.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

We have a lot of comments about not overlooking Incontinent Word, but anyone worried about a big fan letdown and rolling out a attendance of only about 20K people after that record crowd?  Anyone heard what the AD is doing to pump up attendance for this week given the opponent?

Are you offering to sell your club seats?

• Haha 1

The players are laying it out on the field at least i can find my way into the stadium to support the good guys.  They love playing in front of a crowd and it helps get the recruits  excited about coming here.  That is why SMUT brought some recruits to our game.  I sure they asid this half of the stadium is our fans.  If SMUT wasnt playing TCU I bet no more then 10k fans would show up for the game.  It is a good time to be green and I am going to enjoy the ride. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe I missed the part of the question where is asked if all the die-hards on this board, all 50 of us, would ever miss this game?  Because those seem to be the responses -- and not answering if you think UIW or post big win, will make some people stay at home and our attendance suffers. 

This is why these game are terrible for us right now. Incarnate Word brings nobody out to this game, but it does keep some from coming out. We aren't anywhere near a place as a program where the opponent doesn't matter--like at almost every other G5 locale.

RV screwed us in so many ways, but the biggest was his unbelievably poor OOC scheduling. There are a handful of FCS schools that bring decent interest here--SFA, SHSU, and Grambling are the ones that come to mind. Instead, we have scheduled Portland State, Bethune-Cookman, Lamar, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, and Rhode Island. Only ACU might bring a decent crowd with them. The others didn't or won't, while providing UNT fans another reason to do what so many already do--see who UT, A&M, OU, Tech, etc...are playing and go to those games or watch it on TV versus giving up 6 or more hours of your day for these spare opponents.

Wren Baker continues to be a ray of sunshine here in so many ways, but his OOC scheduling is the biggest difference in being the AD at UNT, as compared to RV's absolute lazy ass. The fact that we got Apogee built in 2011 and still we had two of the first 5 seasons of its existence have only one FCS opponent for our fans to enjoy while paying for the new facility. It was the biggest kick to the nuts RV gave us.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2