Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just now, brownisgreen said:

Why are so many of you handling this so poorly? Be adults and realize that we knew this day would come. Just because Coach is doing what is best for his family (something we would probably all do), so many of you are choosing to take this personally and completely turn on him, slander him, and trash the hard work he has put into this program. Look at the progress he has made for us, thank him, wish him well, and move on to the next one. Wren's got this. 

Agreed. The bickering back and forth was mainly with these KSU posters. They think they are getting a guy to take them to their 'compete for a conference championship once every four years' expectations. Then telling us how rich they are, etc. You know, the usual P5 douchey stuff. I think people were just explaining to him what he's really getting. Not what his agent has been feeding his message board/twitter/etc. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Agreed. The bickering back and forth was mainly with these KSU posters. They think they are getting a guy to take them to their 'compete for a conference championship once every four years' expectations. Then telling us how rich they are, etc. You know, the usual P5 douchey stuff. I think people were just explaining to him what he's really getting. Not what his agent has been feeding his message board/twitter/etc. 

bingo. it's just steadily devolved from there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I agree it's no fun having them come on here and shove it in our faces, but it is what it is. I have 100% confidence in the administration and believe that we have the ability to continue momentum off the work of this staff. Time for Wren to knock it out of the park! #GMG

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

huh?

Gary Patterson stayed because TCU became P5. Wasn't Terry Bowden fired at Auburn for sucking, and now he was just fired at a non P5 for sucking? Skip Holtz isn't good enough for a P5 job. Don't know who the other 2 are.

So ya, if you're good enough for P5 and get an opportunity, you leave.

Patterson stayed at TCU because he and his wife love Fort Worth... everyone that lives here knows the story and it’s what makes the situation unique. Kinda like Snyder and KSU. Surely he got offers to move on to better schools...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brownisgreen said:

Why are so many of you handling this so poorly? Be adults and realize that we knew this day would come. Just because Coach is doing what is best for his family (something we would probably all do), so many of you are choosing to take this personally and completely turn on him, slander him, and trash the hard work he has put into this program. Look at the progress he has made for us, thank him, wish him well, and move on to the next one. Wren's got this. 

I haven't and don't think anyone has said anything personal. Seth is a good young head coach. 

So on a college fan board what should we talk about? 

Hello mates have you heard our coach is leaving? Yes mate I have. Don't worry Wren will hire the best candidate. I know mate. Well talk to you next week.

Edited by RiseUNT
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Jesus Christ, if he is going can Seth please leave immediately?  

Nothing against SL, I just really want the K-State, second tier Big XII, trash off of our board. I’ve never seen Robin show up and pound his chest so much while knowing full well he’s not Batman.  

Damn,  I give up an upvote and 3 appear at the same time. Funny and true analogy. 

I wish it would be announced like right now. We need to salvage what we can of this place. It's imperative that we do. Him prolonging this creates a risk and his personal reason for holding out is becoming a UNT liability. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

If the rumors are true (looks like they are) then I’m thankful for what SL and the staff have done. They have set a foundation of success for the future. No he didn’t win bowls or conference championships, but he set us up with expectations.

We had a decade of garbage expectations where winning 4-5 games was a good season. Now winning 6 games is nothing and we expect to compete for conference championships year in and year out.

It’s now Wren’s job to get the next coach in here and continue that trajectory. I think Wren will do that, he’s shown that he’s not afraid to spend money on coaches. The monster has awakened, and now coaches see it and will flock to this potential soon to be open job.

• Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

If the rumors are true (looks like they are) then I’m thankful for what SL and the staff have done. They have set a foundation of success for the future. No he didn’t win bowls or conference championships, but he set us up with expectations.

We had a decade of garbage expectations where winning 4-5 games was a good season. Now winning 6 games is nothing and we expect to compete for conference championships year in and year out.

It’s now Wren’s job to get the next coach in here and continue that trajectory. I think Wren will do that, he’s shown that he’s not afraid to spend money on coaches. The monster has awakened, and now coaches see it and will flock to this potential soon to be open job.

You sound like a KSU poster.

To the K-State folks, I'd like to know why the football players hate Bill Snyder so much they all want to transfer. I did hear one

report from a few years ago that he withheld some of the players' scholarship money and that they ended up being evicted. 

I guess when your name is on the stadium you can do what you want to, but just wondering if those transferring players are just outliers.

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Damn,  I give up an upvote and 3 appear at the same time. Funny and true analogy. 

I wish it would be announced like right now. We need to salvage what we can of this place. It's imperative that we do. Him prolonging this creates a risk and his personal reason for holding out is becoming a UNT liability. 

The nice thing this time around is the admin and facilities are better than the last few times this has happened.

7 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Patterson stayed at TCU because he and his wife love Fort Worth... everyone that lives here knows the story and it’s what makes the situation unique. Kinda like Snyder and KSU. Surely he got offers to move on to better schools...

In 2008, Patterson had agreed to become the next Head Coach at Kansas State. At the time, TCU was not in the Big 12 and was playing for a BCS bowl. It leaked early due to a huge KSU idiot, the guy who runs the KSU 247 site. It was not supposed to get out, but it did. Patterson flipped out and we lost him.

The point of the discussion is that non P5 coaches do not stay with their respective school. They leave as soon as an opportunity they want open up. Other than maybe Patterson, who is in a gray area, and Chris Peterson, everyone else left once a position they wanted opened.

For Littrell, he wants a Big 12 position, and here we are.

• Eye Roll 1

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

In 2008, Patterson had agreed to become the next Head Coach at Kansas State. At the time, TCU was not in the Big 12 and was playing for a BCS bowl. It leaked early due to a huge KSU idiot, the guy who runs the KSU 247 site. It was not supposed to get out, but it did. Patterson flipped out and we lost him.

The point of the discussion is that non P5 coaches do not stay with their respective school. They leave as soon as an opportunity they want open up. Other than maybe Patterson, who is in a gray area, and Chris Peterson, everyone else left once a position they wanted opened.

In 2008, I was supposed to fly to the moon. I missed my flight. Still hadn't been to the moon. I still give it an atta boy effort, about once every 4 years to get back. But it never happens. Meh. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Actually, they do... and it’s becoming more common. I think Jim leavitt turned down a KSU offer recently as well.

Edited by MeanMag

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

In 2008, I was supposed to fly to the moon. I missed my flight. Still hadn't been to the moon. I still give it an atta boy effort, about once every 4 years to get back. But it never happens. Meh. 

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/topic/15246-patterson-to-kansas-state/

Here you go. The article by Fitz in 2008 is right there. That article freaked Patterson out and he canceled the whole thing. It wasn't supposed to get out, but Fitz is a dumbass.

1 minute ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Trust me I’m not I bleed green, and I don’t like these KSU guys throwing this in our face. We need to make sure the next hire is the right hire if we want to keep climbing the ranks. I would love Neal Brown

Like I say over and over Seth was taking us in the right direction but if he leaveswhat foundation is there?

We are weak on both lines. Weak down the middle and on the corners on D. We have 0 championships and 0 bowl trophies. 10 years from now when you walk into the athletic center what will have his stamp on it?

Just now, RiseUNT said:

Like I say over and over Seth was taking us in the right direction but if he leaveswhat foundation is there?

We are weak on both lines. Weak down the middle and on the corners on D. We have 0 championships and 0 bowl trophies. 10 years from now when you walk into the athletic center what will have his stamp on it?

Dan McCarney left more of a legacy at UNT than Littrell....AAHAHAAHAHA

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm out forever. Good luck to you guys. Few parting words that you don't want to hear.

(1) Being a stepping stone for P5 programs is a positive. It means that the coach that you had did a good job.

(2) No need to feel abandoned because Littrell left you guys after 3 years. All non P5 coaches leave. It's not you, it's your conference. And 3 years is about right for similar coaches like Littrell and his background/success. 

(3) Good luck in your bowl game. I learned that winning a bowl game is important to you guys.

Edited by CelinaKSU
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

I'm out forever. Good luck to you guys. Few parting words that you don't want to hear.

(1) Being a stepping stone for P5 programs is a positive. It means that the coach that you had did a good job.

(2) No need to feel abandoned because Littrell left you guys after 3 years. All non P5 coaches leave. It's not you, it's your conference. And 3 years is about right for similar coaches like Littrell and his background/success. 

(3) Good luck in your bowl game. I learned that winning bowl games are important to you guys.

This is why I don't like tshirt fans. They help grease the cogs of the money machine but they are so annoying.

Also I've never met an Ivy Leaguer who didn't actually say which school like it's the best school in the entire world. 

Edited by RiseUNT
  • Upvote 3