Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Says the 6-win fan. 

You are never as good as your record might indicate, and you are never as BAD as it either. Have you ever thought that that 1-11 team that you bring up daily quit on themselves and their coach, fans, AD, school, everyone? If a coach can come in as a first year-first time HC and take those players and win 5, was it really the team OR the coach that was so awful in 2015? He changed our system to fit what CUSA does...spread it out and score points. He got his face pushed in at least 7 or 8 times while here. This isn't a bit or made up...It's facts. Like, it happened. He struggled to beat bad teams and almost always lost to the very few good ones he had to play <--- more facts. He quit on THIS team...not end of the year, but I seriously believe that he quit on them mid-season while peaking over to greener pastures. I am very convinced we can get a better coach in here that is more personable to players and recruits and will dictate what happens with this team and not let the same mishaps happen over and over. 

Haha 6 win fan.  Dude I want to win as much as you do.  This is a process.  It’s not about “accepting who we are”...i love your zeal...we need that.  But we also need coaches to know we appreciate what they’ve done to get us to the next level.  A coach who has an opportunity to take big xii job under MOST circumstances would be crazy not to take it.  I don’t harbor any (permanent) ill will even though right now I’m fuming.  It’s part of the gig.  Wren is gonna do his thing and we as a fan base need to show the next guy why this is a gig worth taking. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Man, this is coaching.  I’m hurt too but if you take off your green colored glasses you realize that this is normal.  It’s everywhere.  Doesn’t mean we have to like it, but my point is that it doesn’t discredit what he has accomplished here.  

0 CUSA titles and 0 bowl wins with the best QB North Texas has ever had.

You can't create a lasting culture in three seasons. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

And you guys were 1-11 4 years ago. I mean, seriously, you expected a CUSA title within 3 years of winning 1 game? Let's be realistic. You've had back to back 9 win seasons after winning a SINGLE game 4 years ago. That's an insane turnaround.

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

You realize how bad our players were for this system when he got here?  He didn’t start strong as a recruiter but stuff takes time.  I have no doubt he’d win a championship in the next three years.  We won games in spite of poor talent, specifically on the offensive line which is absolutely integral in the Air Raid.  He willed these boys to do just enough to give Mason (WHO HE ALONE FOUND) time to get the ball out to our talented skill guys. Not to beat up our line, just saying that this all takes more time than 3 yrs.  he created expectations because he overachieved!

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

And you guys were 1-11 4 years ago. I mean, seriously, you expected a CUSA title within 3 years of winning 1 game? Let's be realistic. You've had back to back 9 win seasons after winning a SINGLE game 4 years ago. That's an insane turnaround.

You are not familiar with our peers. You are imagining Kstate in that scenario and rightfully so. It's apples and oranges. CUSA is depleting and competitively falling apart. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

Look at it from our perspective. It's feast or famine. If we have a coaching change half our recruits leave, and we get 10 or so transfers. Perhaps we're looking at a sub 500 season next year. Rinse, lather, repeat.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Speaking of your recruits, I of course looked at the commitments to see who we might be able to poach. 4 of them have high rating on Rivals. However, I clicked the profile of your 4 highest rated recruits on Rivals, and non have p5 offers.

What's the deal? Did you guys just lock them up early and the P5 offers didn't get reported? Or just no P5 offers for them? How many committed player do you guys have that actually have at least a couple P5 offers?

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Easy to say when it doesn’t have to be proven 

So is deriding a coach who is headed out the door and you’re just butthurt.  I am too but all I’m saying is running him down doesn’t help the program. He did a HELL of a job here and I hope it’s not over.  If it is I’m grateful for what he’s done. We can’t treat our coaches with bitterness.  Half the damn ACC head coaches would take the KState job, let alone all of MWC and CUSA.  Be proud of it.  Damn. 

• Thanks 2

Speaking of your recruits, I of course looked at the commitments to see who we might be able to poach. 4 of them have high rating on Rivals. However, I clicked the profile of your 4 highest rated recruits on Rivals, and non have p5 offers.

What's the deal? Did you guys just lock them up early and the P5 offers didn't get reported? Or just no P5 offers for them? How many committed player do you guys have that actually have at least a couple P5 offers?

I looked at yalls recruiting class and thought the same thing?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I would like to hear when Fat Jim initially reached out to SL about this opening. Because you know Blimpy has in roads to know that Kstate was pushing Snyder out after the season. My bet it was Week 7/8. Something fundamentally wrong hit this team like a train around that time frame. It was almost palpable, and it came out of nowhere. 

I know this is pure speculation, but man.. if you shut down bc K State has you excited? That’s tough. I honestly think another year and a possible CUSA title lands you a better job than KSU..  but, nevertheless, if the smoke signals are to be believed I really do wish Seth the best. I’m sure he’ll do a great job up there. 

• Upvote 1

Go ahead and get em. Just what you guys need, CUSA level recruits playing in the Big12. That'll be a nice boost to Littrell's miserable first year. 

Just now, tmjerm said:

So is deriding a coach who is headed out the door and you’re just butthurt.  I am too but all I’m saying is running him down doesn’t help the program. He did a HELL of a job here and I hope it’s not over.  If it is I’m grateful for what he’s done. We can’t treat our coaches with bitterness.  Half the damn ACC head coaches would take the KState job, let alone all of MWC and CUSA.  Be proud of it.  Damn. 

Everyone is just stating the facts. A lot of us were suspect of how good he really was. But the 4-0 start and best recruiting class changed our minds. Going 5-3 and not winning a bowl or getting your great class signed ruined all momentum.