Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Isn't this whole thread a big troll pack 

Well, it was started by the highest ranked quote in a who could make up the wildest internet roumor thread from Reddit. "My client was told by another realtor that a third person was asked by SLs wife if they knew a good realtor in Lubbock." It is at the top of the Reddit thread because it ranked highest in the ridiculous category! 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Take it for what its worth, but the KU beat writer for the Lawrence paper says Seth Littrell has made it clear he isn't interested at all in the Kansas job. Does say that he is the clear front-runner for the Tech job, though...

Good!   We'll see if he changes his mind if KU decides to money-whip him.

I really think Tech will go with a defensive guy over yet-another Leach disciple, or just put the gloves up, duck, take all the punches & roll with Briles.

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

Well, it was started by the highest ranked quote in a who could make up the wildest internet roumor thread from Reddit. "My client was told by another realtor that a third person was asked by SLs wife if they knew a good realtor in Lubbock." It is at the top of the thread because it ranked highest in the ridiculous category! 

Its not ridiculous unless a cousin is involved such as the realtor's  cousin's girl friend's roommate 

Them cousins really can't be trusted

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I really think Tech will go with a defensive guy over yet-another Leach disciple, or just put the gloves up, duck, take all the punches & roll with Briles.

Remember the tag line “winning fixes everything”? Worked for Tiger, maybe it’ll sell tech on briles. 

Tech in my opinion has lost it's luster because offensively, other schools have caught up.  In the early 00's Tech was shiny and new between the Air Raid and their uniform contract.  It was easy to attract kids out there.  Now, the Air Raid is a commodity offense and every team has unique uniform combos, etc.  So, Lubbock goes back to being Lubbock and Lubbock is a damn hard sale.  I DO believe Seth takes the Tech Job if offered because it'd be good money...but it's not as much of a given as it once was for me....it's hard to win consistently out there and you'd have to plan on losing your job at some point.  

Plus, if you're Tech and Coach Bro couldn't get it done....why would you take another risk on a young Air Raid coach?  Seems to go against logic.  That said, after week 1 we have the most efficient team in the country when all three phases are considered so obviously anyone would have to have a lot of confidence in SL.  

**I didnt read the whole 7 pages o this thread so if these points were already made, shoot me. 

Edited by tmjerm
grammar
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

If Tech is offered he will take it.  KU is a little tougher sell.

Old Man River here, but in 1975 Fry turned down the HFC'ing job (offered by SWC member Rice U's  AD Dickie Moegle)  and 3 years later got a much better job offer for the Big 10 U of Iowa job where he stayed some 22 years & made it into the College Football Hall of Fame.  

A Never-Ending Rumor That Never Ends: 

What if mega dollar programs UT and OU leave the Big 12, then how attractive are any of the leftover schools for a coach with a lot of upside?    If that happened TCU would have thrown a bunch of good money after bad; that is, if the Big 12's 2 flagship schools vault.

Me'thinks Seth wants to stick around & build something in Denton.  He's apparently telling this to those who count up there in Denton.  He seems to have a vision (and an open check book) for great things he seems to feel can happen in Denton. 

Texas Tech (as fine a school as they are) have never won a conference football championship while in the SWC (albeit they tied with 2 or 3 others in the SWC for that one shared title) & have not won a Big 12 football championship.  There is a not so subtle reason for that & some have said in the past  decades that top African American athletes do not want to put on cowboys boots, chew some Red Man & do the Texas 2 Step at some kind of a Billy Bobs 2.0. 

We're all speculating as is what this message board is all about but...........I think Seth Littrell stays in Denton at least 6 years. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think this is our best hope. That the tech administration pivots in a more defensive direction for head coach. Our other hope is that Kingsbury starts winning games, but I think we all know that’s not going to happen. 

I will say this.....

Discussing these type of rumors is much better than discussing the rumors on the TTech side of things....

I've followed this program for just over 20 years and I've never seen a coach leave that wasn't fired. Yikes

As annoying as this is.....I'll take this over that all day long.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I will say this.....

Discussing these type of rumors is much better than discussing the rumors on the TTech side of things....

I've followed this program for just over 20 years and I've never seen a coach leave that wasn't fired. Yikes

Absolutely.
Too many times we've been on here discussing who would possibly want to take over the reclamation projects after buyouts for Dickey, Dodge & McCarney.   What a breath of fresh air.

13 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I think this is our best hope. That the tech administration pivots in a more defensive direction for head coach. Our other hope is that Kingsbury starts winning games, but I think we all know that’s not going to happen. 

I disagree on Tech hiring a defensive minded coach. They don't have the recruiting pipeline to beat Texas, OU, A&M, or TCU for defensive talent because of their location. Its ALWAYS easier to recruit in Texas for offensive players because of our glorified 7-on-7 style we mostly play in this state at the high school levels. Except for TCU, nobody in this region has shown even marginal care about defense being their calling cars. Mostly, its been the Leach/Briles/Sumlin trick of just outscoring you and asking your DC to get one stop per half. The only way forward in this state is to get more offensively minded--because that is where the talent is in high schools. The best talent on the team gets put at WR or RB, where it used to be that those kids got put at LB or DB back in the old days. Patterson is the only one who has looked at a high school RB and sees a DE or LB that becomes all-conference or All-American.

I still think Tech goes after Littrell hard as their primary guy. He fits every check mark they want--winner at head coach, rebuilt from the ashes our program in two years, ties to Tech and the Leach system that their roster is built around, knows how to be gameday coach and a locker room coach(unlike KK), his casual style fits West Texas (like their beloved Spike Dykes), he could bring along coaches with Tech ties in GH and Joel Filani, and has built in some solid in-roads with Texas HS coaches and recruits. This is just realizing the facts at hand as to why the Tech fans I know have such a high opinion of him and want him. They have the $$$ to easily outbid us, so it'll just come down to if SL believes Denton and CUSA are the place for him to stay for a little while longer to get a better job than Tech or not. He obviously applied for the Tennessee job last year, so its not like he isn't entertaining the thought of leaving for a P5 job, but Tennessee is a 100x better than the Tech job, too. The only job opening that I can see coming up at the end of the year that would be way better than Tech and could appeal to him is to go back to UNC, but that's far away from Oklahoma again, so maybe that has no merit to him, but the applying for the job in Knoxville would suggest otherwise...

3 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I will say this.....

Agree with you 100%.  Let's not forget who got us into this mess for the past 15 years.  And before that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Go Tech.  Hope Coach Bro rights the ship and they end up 11-1.

From your lips to God's ears, but even a couple of Tech alumni I know refer to them as the Red Faders.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I don't see Tech doing any better than 4-8. 

Sure wins: Lamar and Kansas

Possible wins: Houston or Texas in Lubbock and Baylor at JerryWorld

They have already lost to Ole Miss. I don't see them beating anyone else in Big XII play

Teams just score on them at will.
Time to go defensive.   
Look at what a defensive-minded coach has done for TCU in the land of Big 12 Offensive coaches.

• Lovely Take 1

15 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I disagree on Tech hiring a defensive minded coach. They don't have the recruiting pipeline to beat Texas, OU, A&M, or TCU for defensive talent because of their location. Its ALWAYS easier to recruit in Texas for offensive players because of our glorified 7-on-7 style we mostly play in this state at the high school levels. Except for TCU, nobody in this region has shown even marginal care about defense being their calling cars. Mostly, its been the Leach/Briles/Sumlin trick of just outscoring you and asking your DC to get one stop per half. The only way forward in this state is to get more offensively minded--because that is where the talent is in high schools. The best talent on the team gets put at WR or RB, where it used to be that those kids got put at LB or DB back in the old days. Patterson is the only one who has looked at a high school RB and sees a DE or LB that becomes all-conference or All-American.

I still think Tech goes after Littrell hard as their primary guy. He fits every check mark they want--winner at head coach, rebuilt from the ashes our program in two years, ties to Tech and the Leach system that their roster is built around, knows how to be gameday coach and a locker room coach(unlike KK), his casual style fits West Texas (like their beloved Spike Dykes), he could bring along coaches with Tech ties in GH and Joel Filani, and has built in some solid in-roads with Texas HS coaches and recruits. This is just realizing the facts at hand as to why the Tech fans I know have such a high opinion of him and want him. They have the $$$ to easily outbid us, so it'll just come down to if SL believes Denton and CUSA are the place for him to stay for a little while longer to get a better job than Tech or not. He obviously applied for the Tennessee job last year, so its not like he isn't entertaining the thought of leaving for a P5 job, but Tennessee is a 100x better than the Tech job, too. The only job opening that I can see coming up at the end of the year that would be way better than Tech and could appeal to him is to go back to UNC, but that's far away from Oklahoma again, so maybe that has no merit to him, but the applying for the job in Knoxville would suggest otherwise...

Oh I don’t think they WILL hire a defensive coach. I just HOPE they do. 

If I were Seth's agent I would advise him to pass on Texas Tech unless he will be given at least the 3rd highest coaching pay staff budget in the Big 12.  He will go from having a recruiting advantage against most of his coaching rivals to having a deficit.  Texas and Oklahoma will always be able to get players they really want over you.  Not to mention Texas A&M in the SEC.   Seth should be looking for a better job than Texas Tech to leave what he has built here.  Hell, if the Longhorns don't improve this year Seth could be on their wish list after the 2019 season.  But only Seth knows where he truly wants to be.  I would guess his dream job would be OU.  But they are rolling with no signs of being in need of coach anytime soon.   Lastly I believe there is still huge potential here at UNT to improve his salary and the program's income.  I don't know how many deep pockets around the country has connections to Denton and UNT but there are a lot more that still don't contribute to the program right now.   Get those people excited and invested with performance and loyalty, and the sky is the limit.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

If I were Seth's agent I would advise him to pass on Texas Tech unless he will be given at least the 3rd highest coaching pay staff budget in the Big 12.  He will go from having a recruiting advantage against most of his coaching rivals to having a deficit.  Texas and Oklahoma will always be able to get players they really want over you.  Not to mention Texas A&M in the SEC.   Seth should be looking for a better job than Texas Tech to leave what he has built here.  Hell, if the Longhorns don't improve this year Seth could be on their wish list after the 2019 season.  But only Seth knows where he truly wants to be.  I would guess his dream job would be OU.  But they are rolling with no signs of being in need of coach anytime soon.   Lastly I believe there is still huge potential here at UNT to improve his salary and the program's income.  I don't know how many deep pockets around the country has connections to Denton and UNT but there are a lot more that still don't contribute to the program right now.   Get those people excited and invested with performance and loyalty, and the sky is the limit.

Love everything you say! They said UNT was a hard place to recruit to, but Seth proved the nay sayers wrong. He’s developed guys that were left over and recently has started pulling in bigger prospects. I think this guy can flat out coach. He’s going to win no matter what he does. I sure as hell hope he can stay here. He can turn a team with 3 star players and maybe a few 4 stars into a team that would be competitive with 4 and 5 star talent. He did it here with a bunch of 2 star talent and against teams stacked with 3 stars.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1