Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I wouldnt on Sonny. Rumor is Meacham was the brains behind TCU o success. The product on the field has backed it up. I wouldn't mess with ruffin.

Ruffin would be disastrous. It would be hard to hang in with that hire. I mean I would obviously, but I'd be grinding teeth. Ugh. I know you didn't suggest that JD, but just posting off of your reply to wagtag. 

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I wouldnt on Sonny. Rumor is Meacham was the brains behind TCU o success. The product on the field has backed it up. I wouldn't mess with ruffin.

Who would be the highest rated coach or Co Ordinator we would have a shot at? With some type of name recognition. 

21 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Eric Morris from Incarnate Word seems like a pretty fitting candidate. Was rumored for the job when he was the OC at Tech in 2015.

I also am a big fan of Will Healy from Austin Peay but they took a step back this year, and he probably is not nearly as good a fit.

I believe Healy is now the target for Charlotte since they decided to pull the offer they had out to the JMU coach. Personally i hate to see Seth leave, but if he goes, it needs to be sooner then later. Lots of good candidates have already been lost and i don't want this dragging out for another week or 2. Either he goes to K State in the next day or two or he commits to UNT.  He just needs to do it quick.

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

21 minutes ago, OUKidder said:

Had to sign up just to correct that statement.

K-State has indeed competed for national championships and would have played in the NC game in 1998 if they hadn't blown a 15-point lead in the conference championship game. They were ranked No. 1 in the coaches' poll before that game. They had 6 top-ten finishes and four consecutive 11-win seasons from 1997 to 2000. K-State was also ranked No. 1 in the BCS poll for most of the 2012 season before losing its 11th game that year. Having played at OU, Seth Littrell is very familiar with K-State's outstanding football program, going to bowl games on a regular basis (though not this year).

But that makes my point. Look at OSU and Georgia this year they each have a blowout loss and are in the conversation. Every loss for a non blue blood = 2 losses by a blue blood.

Kstate had 1 loss in it's championship game and dropped to 5.

Gotta add by no way do I think UNT's history or program is better than Kstate. 

Edited by RiseUNT

21 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Thomson but not Cumbie! Injuries killed TCU this year 19 starters out and a 3rd string QB! 2017 10-2 beat Stanford in the bowl! Knows local recruiting! 

21 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Thomson but not Cumbie! Injuries killed TCU this year 19 starters out and a 3rd string QB! 2017 10-2 beat Stanford in the bowl! Knows local recruiting! 

Thomsen has head coaching experience. Mosley was his AD. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, peanuts104 said:

They were ranked #2 at one point 6 years ago.

Notre Dame is ranked number 3 and isn't considered a national title contender.

TCU was headed to the football playoff until they were jumped by a blue blood for no reason.

UCF has a National Title and isn't considered a contender.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I would take Hugh Freeze. I want to win games! Just keep him on a short leash until he proves he doesn’t need to be watched as closely.

No, no, no, nooooooooooo. 

tenor.gif

If you haven't read into the absolute vile he involved himself in at Ole Miss, look into it. I would like to say I am surprised by him getting even interviews, but nothing about ethics or lack thereof in college football surprises me. It's good old boys club at the highest level of the slang definition. It's disgusting, to be frank. These dudes can literally do WHATEVER they want, but if a program thinks they can either help them win or recruit, someone will find a place for them. And it's wrong. Dead wrong. But dumbass fans (looking at you P5, specifically blue blood fans) do not give one shit about any of it. Win. At any and all cost. They want to eat the sausage like fat overpaying pigs, and do not give one iota of a shit how it's made. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I believe Healy is now the target for Charlotte since they decided to pull the offer they had out to the JMU coach. Personally i hate to see Seth leave, but if he goes, it needs to be sooner then later. Lots of good candidates have already been lost and i don't want this dragging out for another week or 2. Either he goes to K State in the next day or two or he commits to UNT.  He just needs to do it quick.

Agree. But we should be able to buy out pretty much anyone a tier down from us. Whether they just signed a new contract or not. 

Even if we don’t know Seth is leaving (if he is) hopefully Wren knows and is already getting things moving behind the scenes.