Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Graham and Filani = I could see them going to a P5 as a package deal. Even though some on this board are down on GH as an OC he is still highly thought of in the coaching world. He will be a G5 head coach in 3 to 4 years. So Mean Green Nation don't burn Bridges

Yellock = He is a Carolina guy and with virtually every team in Carolinas having opening i could see him jumping at one of them.

Biagi= He loves North Texas the most out of any coach I have seen. But I could see him parlaying the punt heard around the world to a P5 gig. He wants to be a head coach one day.

Choice= He might be a hot commodity

With seth staying i think Langston, Mainord, Reff and Koonz are locks to stay.

Sounds like if we keep Biagi, all of our best recruiters will be on staff next year.

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Graham and Filani = I could see them going to a P5 as a package deal. Even though some on this board are down on GH as an OC he is still highly thought of in the coaching world. He will be a G5 head coach in 3 to 4 years. So Mean Green Nation don't burn Bridges

Yellock = He is a Carolina guy and with virtually every team in Carolinas having opening i could see him jumping at one of them.

Biagi= He loves North Texas the most out of any coach I have seen. But I could see him parlaying the punt heard around the world to a P5 gig. He wants to be a head coach one day.

We CANNOT lose Choice prior to signing day.    Period.   But I would not be surprised to see him put in for the RBs job at GATech.  Let's just hope Coach Collins likes his guy from Temple.

I would hate to lose any of the others, but I would trust Littrell to backfill with quality.   The only hire I've been down on was the downgrade from coach Davis to coach Langston.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

I don't know who Kansas State thinks they are demanding all this stuff out of their future coaches. Seems like they like to micromanage too much, and its not like they've been good enough to command that. 

Blame Bill Snyder and is nepotism to keep his son in a job. KState gets what they deserve letting the former coach still have controls. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I think Harrell is a good QB coach as we have seen how much better Fine has gotten each year. He just needs a lot more development as a play caller and unfortunately I think that to live up to their potential this team needs a better play caller.

Yellock doesn’t surprise me. Amazing improvement on the dline this year. If he leaves I wish him the best of luck!

Biagi seems like a future star with his coaching and recruiting. I think he would be the best candidate to replace Seth down the road if we promoted from within.

Choice is in the same boat as Biagi to me. The players seem to LOVE both of them and it seems like every key recruit posts a picture with Choice, Biagi, and Mainord. I would not be surprised to see Choice as a HC somewhere in the next 5 years.

Glad to hear on the rest. The only coach I’m on the fence about is Langston. Not impressed with his results but the online recruits for this year seem better. Oline takes a while to develop so I’ll trust Seth on this one. I know a lot of us wanted Reff gone last year and then he turned into a star this year so patience may be a virtue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Just want to point out the doom and gloom that's always espoused on this board. To recap: we've kept our coach, despite a) a random reddit post; b) a non-sourced NTDaily Reporter (we all know our feelings of the NTDaily) tweeting utter nonsense; c) countless K-state fans posting their glee such as "IT'S LITTRELL!!"; d) fights over who has a larger budget and why; e) further K-State fans calling themselves "sources" (@BenKohl on Twitter); and f) our own unfounded despair without a single thread of truth. 

Now that we've been pleasantly surprised and shown that UNT is a more desirable place for a coach than a P5 school, I want everyone to take a minute, and think about how they've reacted to this news. Take that second to say "did I jump to conclusions? Was my fear grounded in reality? Am I being swayed by pure speculation?

We're f***ing UNT. We don't get pushed around anymore, and we don't play second fiddle. We're here to win some games, championships, and bowls. We're here to shock the world in all athletics (s/o MBB, VB, Tennis, Soccer, and WBB). Our BIG NAME school can play with the best of them, and our fans should expect nothing less. It's time we all started acting like we belong at the table instead of falling into default "woe is me" mode. 

All that said, folks, let's do this. Let's be that fan base. I know you can do it. 

Me thinks someone is vying to be the new Communications Director of Athletics. Great points Jason. Please also keep in my that charity starts at Home. So I would share your quote with all UNT Alumni and Student across the state and the country. Your University needs you to step up the support the Mean Green in every sport and classroom. We are the Mean Green! We are THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Me reading KSU twitter and forums:

IMG_7626.jpg.e302aecfda0a7e8437914082eeb544b2.jpg

We NeVeR wAnTeD sEtH aNy wAY!!!!

Are they just cutting and pasting the crap posted here most of the week or doing original content?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Man, this feels like a huge victory. I know Littrell isn’t the main reason for UNT’s success but he has seriously helped. The fact that he had leverage over K-State while being the head coach at UNT speaks volumes. Seriously. This says something big to recruits, coaches, and college football as a whole. UNT is NOT a joke. You can’t punk us! This really is New Denton. While we’re still climbing the hill, let’s take a moment to really enjoy this. 

This is how I’m talking about my mean green today:

As for next Saturday: “can’t wait”

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Do you like Mainord to be OC?

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Can we use this to our advantage on the recruiting trail?

How big of a deal is this to potential/incoming players?

Has a CUSA school ever retained a head coach when they were offered a Big12/P5 opportunity?

This to me is a bigger question, and a bigger deal, than the constant whining we hear about not being able to win recruiting battles agains P5 opponents.   

This is a HUGE win, and a even bigger feather in the cap, for UNT even when Seth gets the offer he can't refuse!   

• Thanks 1