Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

There are some liars up in the KSSt AD, or people masquerading as "sources" up there.   
That is certainly not going to be the reason he'd pass that job up.   I bet there are a handful of guys he'd like to bring with him, but not "his entire staff".

reading between the lines, it sounds like K-State wanted a coach that would still follow orders from the AD/Snyders regarding staffing decisions

• Upvote 3

There are some liars up in the KSSt AD, or people masquerading as "sources" up there.   
That is certainly not going to be the reason he'd pass that job up.   I bet there are a handful of guys he'd like to bring with him, but not "his entire staff".

Yep.  It is damage control time at K State.     Only Seth knows the real truth.

This is called "we promised to go all night, but forgot our little blue pill, and now we're blaming the alcohol".  You were SO close K-State.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

We're f***ing UNT. We don't get pushed around anymore, and we don't play second fiddle. We're here to win some games, championships, and bowls. We're here to shock the world in all athletics (s/o MBB, VB, Tennis, Soccer, and WBB). Our BIG NAME school can play with the best of them, and our fans should expect nothing less. It's time we all started acting like we belong at the table instead of falling into default "woe is me" mode. 

All that said, folks, let's do this. Let's be that fan base. I know you can do it. 

braveheart GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 1

Just now, emmitt01 said:

This is called "we promised to go all night, but forgot our little blue pill, and now we're blaming the alcohol".  You were SO close K-State.  

Exactly.   
Here's what my "source" (hot air out my rear) says:

KSSt AD: "Congrats Seth!   Here is our preliminary agreement for you.   Remember, we have Uncle Scrooge money, so we can really pony up and pay you a lot of money!"
SL: "$4.1Mil ($2Mil/yr + $2.1Mil buyout)...   Hmm, that's all y'all think I'm worth?   I can get that money ($2Mil/yr) from NT."
KSSt AD: "Really?  They're that serious down there?    We uh, we uh, can't really afford to go much higher..."
SL: "Whelp, see you later!"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Just want to point out the doom and gloom that's always espoused on this board. To recap: we've kept our coach, despite a) a random reddit post; b) a non-sourced NTDaily Reporter (we all know our feelings of the NTDaily) tweeting utter nonsense; c) countless K-state fans posting their glee such as "IT'S LITTRELL!!"; d) fights over who has a larger budget and why; e) further K-State fans calling themselves "sources" (@BenKohl on Twitter); and f) our own unfounded despair without a single thread of truth. 

Now that we've been pleasantly surprised and shown that UNT is a more desirable place for a coach than a P5 school, I want everyone to take a minute, and think about how they've reacted to this news. Take that second to say "did I jump to conclusions? Was my fear grounded in reality? Am I being swayed by pure speculation?

We're f***ing UNT. We don't get pushed around anymore, and we don't play second fiddle. We're here to win some games, championships, and bowls. We're here to shock the world in all athletics (s/o MBB, VB, Tennis, Soccer, and WBB). Our BIG NAME school can play with the best of them, and our fans should expect nothing less. It's time we all started acting like we belong at the table instead of falling into default "woe is me" mode. 

All that said, folks, let's do this. Let's be that fan base. I know you can do it. 

gLj3iF.gif

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Which assistants get poached this offseason?

Graham and Filani = I could see them going to a P5 as a package deal. Even though some on this board are down on GH as an OC he is still highly thought of in the coaching world. He will be a G5 head coach in 3 to 4 years. So Mean Green Nation don't burn Bridges

Yellock = He is a Carolina guy and with virtually every team in Carolinas having opening i could see him jumping at one of them.

Biagi= He loves North Texas the most out of any coach I have seen. But I could see him parlaying the punt heard around the world to a P5 gig. He wants to be a head coach one day.

Choice= He might be a hot commodity

With seth staying i think Langston, Mainord, Reff and Koonz are locks to stay.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

In fact I can’t wait till next Saturday,....right about 3rd quarter.  By then we’ll know exactly what has been on the minds of this team the previous 14 plus days.  

Rick

The more important things on the players' minds will be what's been on their minds the next week-and-a-half though.

Littrell will no-doubt come in and tell them about Mean Green Family & finishing the mission... 

The Mean Green will come out the more excited team to play because UTSt will be let down, especially seeing their opponent's coach get courted by a KSSt team that beat the team who stole their coach, yet remains on the Mean Green sideline.

• Eye Roll 1