Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

DO we hire and upcoming OC again or a guy with HC experience? SL paid off but Frank Wilson has not.

We hire Neal Brown. We make it known around the country that UNT football is serious by plucking him away from Troy for 2M per with a 3 mil buyout clause. Get. It. Done. 

As for Littrell, psh, bye. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Welp....

Hoping for his immediate failure so no program wants to take our HC again. Seriously though, I don't want him to fail but I don't like him leaving for a middle of the pack big 12 program who's only success has been with 1 coach. He looks like a kid going after the next shiny toy right now.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Hoping for his immediate failure so no program wants to take our HC again. Seriously though, I don't want him to fail but I don't like him leaving for a middle of the pack big 12 program who's only success has been with 1 coach. He looks like a kid going after the next shiny toy right now.

Probably what the North Carolina fans said about him, and the Indiana fans before that, and the Arizona fans before that...
Except he's proven to be effective everywhere he's been.  

He won't fail, and KS St made the right hire if all this is true.

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Probably what the North Carolina fans said about him, and the Indiana fans before that, and the Arizona fans before that...

I remember some Carolina fans being happy Seth was gone.  They were not thrilled with his play calling and thought that as long as they have Larry Fedora that their offense would be fine.

Whoops. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Best of luck to him when it is officially done. I just have mix feeling with him leaving now. They haven’t finished the mission the last three years. I would be more ok with the fact he leave if we had a conference championship and a couple of bowl wins but strike while the iron is hot 

• Thanks 1

Refusing to believe he is gone until made official. But IF it were to happen, I would be more angry about it the later they'd make it official. If it becomes official his office needs to be cleared immediately, so NT can protect its recruiting class. I feel like it is not a given, because I got trouble believing that of 100 players on the roster not a single one would put it on twitter or anywhere given how big that would be.

If he were to be gone, then this is where Baker needs to earn his paycheck. NT would need a coach fast, but it would also need the right coach.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

It's what he does. Should come as no surprise. A little gypsy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Fair about Arizona, UNC, Indiana. Regarding SL's "effectiveness," what he's shown is he has connections. He's hired the right staff time here even after losing coaches. Still hasn't won a big game. Imo, he's not ready for the P5. Repeated collapses don't scream p5 success. I think he's just lucky K State is desperate for a new coach because SL hasn't seriously been considered for any other coaching spots that we've heard of.

• Upvote 1

I think I am about to head to the bar.......

When I wake up from my drunken stupor, I hope things are more clear, not more muddy.    I know that Seth is gone.   It's the rest of the mess I am worried about now.

Santa.gif

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I always kinda hoped that Seth would do like Johnny Jones did, bring the program up and make it home until his dream job opened. I should’ve known better based on Seth’s job-hopping history. I’m sure Grant will be headed somewhere soon too. 

He might still pull a Johnny Jones, and in 5 years be coaching a random FCS across the state...

• Haha 4

So if SL leaves, who in the Big 12 got the best hire?

1. Texas tech with Matt Wells who took Utah State to a top 25 ranking, two 10 win seasons in a much more competitive conference, 4 bowl games in 5 years, and his only losing season was with Mike Canales on staff (ha!);

2. Kansas with Les Miles. Natty. LSU. Will recruit some strong defenses to Kansas because who doesn't want to play for a guy with a ton of his guys in the NFL;

3. K State with Seth Littrell. Multiple 20 point lead losses, no bowl wins, no big wins, blown out in every big game, no NFL draft picks.

The answer is clear it's not SL. I guess strike when the iron is hot but he's not ready for the Big 12. He'll get eaten and will fall hard. He needs the extra time and I think will regret the decision. Not many coaches get multiple chances at P5 jobs. Now is not the right time to go to K State with the fire power coming up in the Big 12. He's easily the greenest coach in the Big 12.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Fair about Arizona, UNC, Indiana. Regarding SL's "effectiveness," what he's shown is he has connections. He's hired the right staff time here even after losing coaches. Still hasn't won a big game. Imo, he's not ready for the P5. Repeated collapses don't scream p5 success. I think he's just lucky K State is desperate for a new coach because SL hasn't seriously been considered for any other coaching spots that we've heard of.

I think the difference is he wasn’t the head guy at any of those programs talking about family and being selfless. If you want to job hop, fine, but don’t create a “family” / all-in persona when you know your just using them as a stepping stone. Those players and their parents believed in him.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

So if SL leaves, who in the Big 12 got the best hire?

1. Texas tech with Matt Wells who took Utah State to a top 25 ranking, two 10 win seasons in a much more competitive conference, 4 bowl games in 5 years, and his only losing season was with Mike Candles on staff (ha!);

2. Kansas with Les Miles. Natty. LSU. Will recruit some strong defenses to Kansas because who doesn't want to play for a guy with a ton of his guys in the NFL;

3. K State with Seth Littrell. Multiple 20 point lead losses, no bowl wins, no big wins, blown out in every big game, no NFL draft picks.

The answer is clear it's not SL. I guess strike when the iron is hot but he's not ready for the Big 12. He'll get eaten and will fall hard. He needs the extra time and I think will regret the decision. Not many coaches get multiple chances at P5 jobs. Now is not the right time to go to K State with the fire power coming up in the Big 12. He's easily the greenest coach in the Big 12.

I suppose only time will tell in the end.

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I think the difference is he wasn’t the head guy at any of those programs talking about family and being selfless. If you want to job hop, fine, but don’t create a “family” / all-in persona when you know your just using them as a stepping stone. Those players and their parents believed in him.

100% with you. His "build a family" thing won't work in the Big 12.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1