Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

So I have unique perspective having lived at Fort Riley and from Denton.  Manahattan is not bad but it isn't Austin, Norman, Houston or even Denton.  I think I would prefer Baylor as a job over KSU.  If he takes the job without getting money whipped I would be surprised. Minimum I am taking is doubling whatever UNT offers to keep me.

Why did he not get the TT job? TT seems like it would of been more of a fit with his history. Is KSU a step down from TT? Love Seth but I believe he needs another 2 and maybe 1 more year of experience prove success on the field ,but more importantly as a recruiter! Give Wren a raise! GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Why did he not get the TT job? TT seems like it would of been more of a fit with his history. Is KSU a step down from TT? Love Seth but I believe he needs another 2 and maybe 1 more year of experience prove success on the field ,but more importantly as a recruiter! Give Wren a raise! GMG

Pretty sure Tech wanted to get out of the Leach shadow.   Hiring another Leach disciple would not be conducive to that process.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pretty sure Tech wanted to get out of the Leach shadow.   Hiring another Leach disciple would not be conducive to that process.

As mentioned and proven by stats he is not a Leach man when comes to passing and running the ball. It is a spred with the formations but he runs out of it a lot more than Leach ever has. Now the D may be something they have in common! We could also compare the philosophy of Wells and see a lot of similarities to Seth. Wells has more experience that to me made him their choice.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

As mentioned and proven by stats he is not a Leach man when comes to passing and running the ball. It is a spred with the formations but he runs out of it a lot more than Leach ever has. Now the D may be something they have in common! We could also compare the philosophy of Wells and see a lot of similarities to Seth. Wells has more experience that to me made him their choice.

Yes, he's smart enough to put his own spin on it, but when you spend several years on staff with Leach at Tech, & have 2 former players on staff...  you're a Leach disciple.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes, he's smart enough to put his own spin on it, but when you spend several years on staff with Leach at Tech, & have 2 former players on staff...  you're a Leach disciple.

And Tech wanted away from the Leach shadow.

11 hours ago, Vikingcat said:

I come in peace! Getting a little heated between some of our fans in each fanbase. I have nothing against North Texas or Denton and Manhattan and Kansas isn't as bad as some have made out here. Whatever happens I'm gonna cheer for North Texas going forward and I hope there will be no ill will towards Kansas State from your fanbase.

I believe Hayden Fry hired Bill Snyder as OC at North Texas and his first win at Kansas State was against North Texas. Also former North Texas coach Darrell Dickey was a K-State alum. So there are ties between the schools football programs. Its nothing personal and I hope you can appreciate the fact, that if some of our fanbase are annoying it isn't a true representation of us as a whole.

Good luck and lets keep it classy Denton and Manhattan.

Beyond the coaching tree stuff mentioned, there's just other KState-UNT voodoo that get me jittery:

Our 1985 win over the Wildcats in Manhattan pushed them deep into the wilderness. Snyder's first win in 1989 was over us and brought them back out of the woods. A close tearjerker with Kansas State in 2010 closed out Fouts Field 49-41.

This conjoined at the hip nature of our programs' ups and downs just has me all skittish.

I like Manhattan, KS, as I like most places - but it was the sort of place that reminded me that towns like Omaha, Wichita, or Tulsa actually have tourism ad campaigns that aren't ironic.

I knew I had to get out of Omaha quickly when I saw my first "Des Moines! Catch the Excitement!" TV ad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CK2 said:

1. He just signed an extension, he'll be around for a bit

2. Applewhite is still better than anything UNT has had in the modern era. Hell, he even has bigger wins than Littrell.

Why do you keep coming back. You're not exactly wanted here.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CK2 said:

1. He just signed an extension, he'll be around for a bit

2. Applewhite is still better than anything UNT has had in the modern era. Hell, he even has bigger wins than Littrell.

Keeping Briles was a smart move! Whether Appl leaves or is fired you got your next head coach!

On 12/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That may be due to the bowl announcement. 3 or 4 times we were predicted to be in a bowl vs Minnesota and EJ is from Minnesota and tweeted about getting a chance at them. 

On 12/2/2018 at 4:56 PM, p_phelps said:

There was a team meeting on Sunday.  Last night I saw posts from a few different people from Sunday ('Chico' and J-Lee are both student athletic trainers; other 2 are players obviously).  Maybe something has changed since then, but not likely since SL has been out in New York. If, indeed, the team meeting was about SL leaving (and I'm sure some Bowl chat), I'm not sure why ANYONE would even be posting anything on the subject or anything that could be taken as reflecting on the subject (like such frown faces), as I'm sure they were told not to say anything - obviously their tweets can be open for speculation, but I doubt these are reactions just from the Bowl Game news. Regardless, the next couple of days should be interesting.

unt.png

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

There was a team meeting on Sunday.  Last night I saw posts from a few different people from Sunday ('Chico' and J-Lee are both student athletic trainers; other 2 are players).  Maybe something has changed since then, but not likely since SL has been out in New York. If, indeed, the team meeting was about SL leaving (and I'm sure some Bowl chat), I'm not sure why ANYONE would even be posting anything on the subject or anything that could be taken as reflecting on the subject (like such frown faces), as I'm sure they were told not to say anything - obviously their tweets can be open for speculation, but I doubt these are reactions just from the Bowl Game news. Regardless, the next couple of days should be interesting.

unt.png

Maybe, maybe not. I have no idea. I do think at this point it's safe to say SL is without doubt a legitimate candidate for this opening. Whether they offer him or not, we'll find out soon enough. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

There was a team meeting on Sunday.  Last night I saw posts from a few different people from Sunday ('Chico' and J-Lee are both student athletic trainers; other 2 are players obviously).  Maybe something has changed since then, but not likely since SL has been out in New York. If, indeed, the team meeting was about SL leaving (and I'm sure some Bowl chat), I'm not sure why ANYONE would even be posting anything on the subject or anything that could be taken as reflecting on the subject (like such frown faces), as I'm sure they were told not to say anything - obviously their tweets can be open for speculation, but I doubt these are reactions just from the Bowl Game news. Regardless, the next couple of days should be interesting.

unt.png

all 4 are seniors i believe. Maybe upset about going to last bowl game in new mexico

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

all 4 are seniors i believe. Maybe upset about going to last bowl game in new mexico

Also bc seniors maybe they’re willing to voice their opinion a little more even when told not to be public.  I’m preparing myself at this point to lose him.  I don’t feel like they’d use that verbiage/emoticons for the bowl.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Also bc seniors maybe they’re willing to voice their opinion a little more even when told not to be public.  I’m preparing myself at this point to lose him.  I don’t feel like they’d use that verbiage/emoticons for the bowl.  

Yep, the last 24 hours have provided a lot of smoke.   Too much IMO to have nothing come out of this.

• Upvote 2