• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Cerebus

Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

44 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

SL quote:

" We are excited to be playing in the New Mexico Bowl against a very good opponent in Utah State," Littrell said. "Albuquerque is an easy travel destination for our fans and alumni and I know this team is excited to play in front of a national audience on ESPN in the very first bowl game of the season. It will be a tremendous challenge but we are excited to get to work."

Ours is the second, not first. The Cure Bowl starts thirty minutes earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas Stranger said:

SL quote:

" We are excited to be playing in the New Mexico Bowl against a very good opponent in Utah State," Littrell said. "Albuquerque is an easy travel destination for our fans and alumni and I know this team is excited to play in front of a national audience on ESPN in the very first bowl game of the season. It will be a tremendous challenge but we are excited to get to work."

d1687565864e521eb5d571fb3de526f3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Money talks and bullshit walks. Coaching careers are never guaranteed. You strike while the iron is hot and I fully expect a smart guy like Seth to do so.  He’s making 1.2million now and if Kstate offers him $2million or more per year he’d be crazy not to take it. 

I don't know about that.  No one but Bill Synder has been successful at K-State.  And Bill got the ball rolling by raiding the JUCO ranks more than his P5 brethren did.  He would be foolish not to take that into account.  Now KSU is not a bad job by any stretch of the imagination.  But it is a middle tier program that will be looking to move on from you as a head coach if you don't get to a Big 12 championship game in 4 years.   And no matter how great you are in the Big 12 until you get to the playoff you will be at a disadvantage recruiting against conference foes Texas and OU.  So looking at that next level of recruits you are just on equal footing with Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State.  The only programs you have a distinct recruiting advantage over are Iowa State and Kansas.  I prefer to see him go to program with a little more clout and history of success.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

Money talks and bullshit walks. Coaching careers are never guaranteed. You strike while the iron is hot and I fully expect a smart guy like Seth to do so.  He’s making 1.2million now and if Kstate offers him $2million or more per year he’d be crazy not to take it. 

We could regress and win six next year and then no one calls him up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We could regress and win six next year and then no one calls him up. 

Exactly what Chad Morris did. He jumped at the Arkansas job before SMU regressed this year. I think SL may be thinking the same thing. Get out while you can. I hope that we do not regress, but we are losing a lot on defense and I am not sure anyone backing up the current crop of seniors on the defensive side of the ball will play at the same or better level than what the seniors are this year. Maybe he sees that and will get out while he can. I hope not, but I cannot help but think that may be in his mind.

• Like 1

Ok, let's make this discussion a bit more interesting. IF Coach Litterall goes to KS after they "show him the money", what about the other guy who recently declared his devotion to good'ol NT.......Mason Fine. Does Mr. Fine spend the remainder of his career @ KS with the only college coach that he has ever known?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, here's a question. Does Texas' no state income tax figure into the discussion between UNT and SL? I'm very bad at accounting, but I looked it up and Kansas has a state rate of 5.7% for incomes over 30k. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Ok, here's a question. Does Texas' no state income tax figure into the discussion between UNT and SL? I'm very bad at accounting, but I looked it up and Kansas has a state rate of 5.7% for incomes over 30k. 

Ca Ching!

UMOR: LITTRELL, OTHERS ATOP K-STATE'S HOT BOARD (12/2: 2:25 P.M. CT)

247Sports Take: The 247Sports Kansas State site, GoPowercat.com, has released a VIP hot board of initial names the Wildcats will target in their search to replace the legendary Bill Snyder.

North Texas' Seth Littrell has been floated for a week by 247Sports as a primary name to watch. 

Other interesting inclusions are Troy's Neal Brown, North Dakota's Chris Klieman and Houston's Major Applewhite. 

Since Bill Snyder has retired as the head coach of the Kansas State football team, curiosity continues to build as to who will be his successor. 

Many rumors are out there, but here are four of the top potential candidates to be the new face of K-State football.

1. Seth Littrell, North Texas head coach

Littrell has turned around the Mean Green football team. Before he was hired as head coach, the team had a record of 1-11. In his first season, they went 5-8 then 9-5, losing a bowl game both seasons. North Texas is currently 9-3 this season, including a 44-17 defeat of Arkansas. Littrell played college ball at Oklahoma and has had coaching experience at Texas Tech under Mike Leach, as well as North Carolina.

https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2018/12/03/who-will-replace-bill-snyder-as-k-state-footballs-head-coach/ via @kstatecollegian

My gut tells me Venables will be the next KSU head coach.  Man has a lot of experience at some high powered programs.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CK2 said:

He gone 

Funny how Applewhite isn't mentioned anywhere.  His success is tied to Baby Briles, which UH sold their soul to hire.

Edited by UNTLifer

Hopefully they make their choice in the next day or two.     I have to believe that Wren is already being proactive, just in case.

I just hate the P5 and their egos 😒

• Upvote 3

Yes, whether SL stays or goes, this is still a very inspiring article for Mean Green faithful who might be developing an ulcer over all the events of recent days.  

Below article pretty well says to me what most on this forum already  know & that is:  North Texas is hardly chopped liver & their athletic future is extremely bright with all the facilities they have; or the one being built and others that will be built.

https://swcroundup.com/news/2018/11/29/in-wren-we-trust

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Like 2

It's funny (or not) looking at Seth's Twitter feed.  So many K-State fans have started following him recently.   I hope their efforts end up being for nothing :)

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

His success is tied to Baby Briles, which UH sold their sole to hire.

Maybe he would have stayed longer if they had given him the entire shoe.  

Whoever the UNT HFC is for the 2019 Mean Green football campaign  (and we hope it is Seth Littrell), but  whoever it is this is what he's going to be "stuck with" 🎅  in Mean Green Country as to recruit toward!  

There are some P5's cannot match this as far as acres & acres filled with newer venues as most of them have to patchwork into existing facilities &......don't have the significant extra acres North Texas has to continue expanding its Mean Green Village.

SO.........AIN'T THIS  IMAGE ONE BONAFIDE PIECE OF ATHLETIC VENUE'S ART !?!

GMG!

PS: The below Mean Green Village needs a 10 story Mariott hotel in its future.

masterplan.jpg.f1550a5e83c6c320b76160c0d073eec7.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Seth could make this easier for all if he'd just announce he wants to stay & help make that monster in Denton get even uglier. 

(This Mean Green monster must have been designed by Craig Helwig thus the extra non-green colors)?

482674409_MeanGreenMonster.jpg.53af4da522ca602b4a78d53d6178454f.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1