Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Speculation on my part but my thought is that Snyder couldn’t announce until they had a deal in place for Seth. Seth finally got money-whipped into submission and the search firm is in place because all of these negotiations were done under the table and they need a cover. Seth will be announced within 7 days, possibly as early as tomorrow. That is my bet. 

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Speculation on my part but my thought is that Snyder couldn’t announce until they had a deal in place for Seth. Seth finally got money-whipped into submission and the search firm is in place because all of these negotiations were done under the table and they need a cover. Seth will be announced within 7 days, possibly as early as tomorrow. That is my bet. 

Yes but keep in mind, you have to be careful and interview certain candidates publically to keep the masses happy. I think for instance Jim Leavitt who coached under Snyder at K-State would be a guy you want to bring in or name a finalist or whatever to cover your bases. 

https://www.bringonthecats.com/kansas-state-football/2018/12/2/18115018/what-now-every-coach-we-can-think-of-who-might-replace-bill-snyder-kansas-state-football

Reading this has me thinking the the NDSU coach really might have a shot at this, given that the K-State coach was the one who hired him to NDSU.

Edited by outoftown

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So if Seth said no Snyder stays????? 

25 minutes ago, outoftown said:

https://www.bringonthecats.com/kansas-state-football/2018/12/2/18115018/what-now-every-coach-we-can-think-of-who-might-replace-bill-snyder-kansas-state-football

Reading this has me thinking the the NDSU coach really might have a shot at this, given that the K-State coach was the one who hired him to NDSU.

I'm hearing this as well. Apparently the hold up is the KSU AD wants the hire to be the NDSU coach and Bill Snyder wants it to be his son! There is your real tug a war and yes the AD does have heavy ties into NDSU and their Head football coach. I believe the AD wins out and that will be KSU's head new football coach. 

Edited by blurbeard
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Being reported that KSU has hired a search firm.  Why would they do that if a deal was already in place for Litrell?

Because there is no deal in place?

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Seth Littrell is the next HC of Kansas State?

Where is this coming from?

Snyder just retired 3 hours ago.

Who from the inside has said anything about Littrell getting the job?

He's not even the most qualified of the "possible candidates!"

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Very encouraging. I really believe that SL is not yet gone, and doesn't have the KS job yet, even if he wants it.

I believe that Snyder negotiated the future of also his staff including his son, which is why the retirement anoncement took so long. That may well keep some coaches from wanting the gig. In any case, I don't think SLs agent -good as he is- has the contract ready for both sides to sign yet. They may well still get there, but its not a given.

We are reading a lot into everything right now, which is understandable given that we are fans following the program closely, but some of those reads can be off for overemphasizing in this phase. That is true even for the search firm thing.

This seems like a toxic scenario to walk into, honestly. The man who is part and parcel to the identity of a team retires twice, and in the latter iteration fights to have his son replace him and retains a position of advice and ambassadorship. As unique as this is, if I'm Seth, I would want the assured ability to run things completely as I see fit. Doesn't sound like that's available here.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

So if Seth said no Snyder stays????? 

Then Snyder would have delayed until option 2 was available or coached another year but I absolutely believe Seth has said yes. It is not like him to avoid promoting our bowl. Maybe he wavered but that snake Sexton has money to make. He must be headed out.  When the k-state quarterback followed him we should’ve known. It is almost unheard of to follow the coach of another program on Twitter when you are already the starter at your  program.

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Then Snyder would have delayed until option 2 was available or coached another year but I absolutely believe Seth has said yes. It is not like him to avoid promoting our bowl. Maybe he wavered but that snake Sexton has money to make. He must be headed out.  When the k-state quarterback followed him we should’ve known. It is almost unheard of to follow the coach of another program on Twitter when you are already the starter at your  program.

So the college kid knows what is happening before anybody else? He knows more than ESPN, Bleacher report and all the sports analysts? Bull! 

• Lovely Take 1

If I had to guess, I would say the NDSU coach is near the top of their list and above SL. NDSU's coach has coached at Kansas before so he has history in the state, was hired to NDSU by KState's current AD, has been incredibly successful at NDSU, and has had several draft picks at NDSU. He seems like the best fit for K-State to me.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1