Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If Kansa State offers SL he’s a goner.  

If North Texas were a P5 it would make it tougher for SL to leave a program he could be our “Bill  Snyder” to put his mark on, but no G5 HFC turns down the right P5 opportunity.  Kansas U might be the exception, but looks like Les Miles is getting that gig.

That’s a big “if” my friend 

13 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If Kansa State offers SL he’s a goner.  

If North Texas were a P5 it would make it tougher for SL to leave a program he could be our “Bill  Snyder” to put his mark on, but no G5 HFC turns down the right P5 opportunity.  Kansas U might be the exception, but looks like Les Miles is getting that gig.

Unless you stay and turn your G5 into a P5 like Gary Patterson and Kyle Whittingham did.

I am greatly appreciative for what SL has done so far for north Texas, and I anticipate his success will continue so that we are a perennial conference championship contender.  However, I don’t think he has really accomplished anything yet that would make him splashy, difference making hire for a P5.  He can make a difference (and has proven it so far) at north Texas in recruiting, but has he accomplished anything that will impress a 4* or 5* recruit at a P5?  I don’t think so yet.  

Said another way, you are a 4* recruit and you have SL head coach for Texas Tech, Tom Herman Texas year coach and Jimbo TX A&M head coach come visit you at your house.   One of these does not look like the other, but that’s what SL would be competing with.  If he can’t beat that, he won’t be any different than Coach bro.

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2018/11/17/18100583/kliff-needs-to-go-and-heres-who-should-replace-him-texas-tech-red-raiders

"Ultimately, I believe Seth Littrell is the most obvious choice. He played at OU, he’s a Leach disciple, and he’s shown success as a head coach in the state of Texas. Littrell brings a tough attitude and he would likely bring Graham Harrell to coach the offense and wouldn’t it be grand to see Harrell back on the sideline in Lubbock?"

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2018/11/17/18100583/kliff-needs-to-go-and-heres-who-should-replace-him-texas-tech-red-raiders

"Ultimately, I believe Seth Littrell is the most obvious choice. He played at OU, he’s a Leach disciple, and he’s shown success as a head coach in the state of Texas. Littrell brings a tough attitude and he would likely bring Graham Harrell to coach the offense and wouldn’t it be grand to see Harrell back on the sideline in Lubbock?"

Alan Bowman is already a glass cannon and Harrell would run enough QB draws on 3rd and long to make sure he never walked again.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

image.png.8ff211f9301aa25fc50d82246f720b9c.png

This is what worries me.....desperation causes ADs to pull the trigger earlier than perhaps they want to. "If we wait a year, Littrell and Brown won't be available" Fans aren't the only ones that think that way.

See Morris to Arkansas. No way is Morris a good pick for them but they had no choice. What's going to happen as more jobs open up?

If Tech fires Kingsbury....what is a better option than Littrell for their specific situation?

He's got that combination of a tough, boot and jeans guy (which they'll love in Lubbock), recruiting ties in Texas and the Leach offense with a favorite son as the OC.

I wasn't worried about TTech until they crapped the bed Saturday....

I think Kingsbury is gone.

• Upvote 2

@TheColonyEagle agreed. After watching Tech choke against K-State with a tech friend of mine, I felt a sense of dread come over me. Although he was saying that he liked Klingsbury, he was also thinking that he would be fired. Tech hiring Littrell makes so much sense for them in terms of ties to the program and recruiting. I really hope he prefers UNT though. I feel like he could make a higher P5 jump if he were to have an even better season at UNT next year instead of going to tech now and spending 3 seasons at tech where the best record he’ll ever get will include 3 losses (because Tech). 

38 minutes ago, meangreen2016 said:

@TheColonyEagle agreed. After watching Tech choke against K-State with a tech friend of mine, I felt a sense of dread come over me. Although he was saying that he liked Klingsbury, he was also thinking that he would be fired. Tech hiring Littrell makes so much sense for them in terms of ties to the program and recruiting. I really hope he prefers UNT though. I feel like he could make a higher P5 jump if he were to have an even better season at UNT next year instead of going to tech now and spending 3 seasons at tech where the best record he’ll ever get will include 3 losses (because Tech). 

What about Neal Brown? He was at Tech Longer. Smaller buyout. More success as a HC.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

What about Neal Brown? He was at Tech Longer. Smaller buyout. More success as a HC.

He's my main target when Littrell leaves.

If Littrell gets hired away while Brown toils at Troy, the writing will be on the wall: "I can't get out of here despite what I've accomplished... time to 'move up'."
And North Texas will provide that type of opportunity for him, while more than doubling his salary.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1