• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Cerebus

Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Man, this feels like a huge victory. I know Littrell isn’t the main reason for UNT’s success but he has seriously helped. The fact that he had leverage over K-State while being the head coach at UNT speaks volumes. Seriously. This says something big to recruits, coaches, and college football as a whole. UNT is NOT a joke. You can’t punk us! This really is New Denton. While we’re still climbing the hill, let’s take a moment to really enjoy this. 

This is how I’m talking about my mean green today:

As for next Saturday: “can’t wait”

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Graham and Filani = I could see them going to a P5 as a package deal. Even though some on this board are down on GH as an OC he is still highly thought of in the coaching world. He will be a G5 head coach in 3 to 4 years. So Mean Green Nation don't burn Bridges

Yellock = He is a Carolina guy and with virtually every team in Carolinas having opening i could see him jumping at one of them.

Biagi= He loves North Texas the most out of any coach I have seen. But I could see him parlaying the punt heard around the world to a P5 gig. He wants to be a head coach one day.

Choice= He might be a hot commodity

With seth staying i think Langston, Mainord, Reff and Koonz are locks to stay.

Do you like Mainord to be OC?

Can we use this to our advantage on the recruiting trail?

How big of a deal is this to potential/incoming players?

Has a CUSA school ever retained a head coach when they were offered a Big12/P5 opportunity?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Can we use this to our advantage on the recruiting trail?

How big of a deal is this to potential/incoming players?

Has a CUSA school ever retained a head coach when they were offered a Big12/P5 opportunity?

This to me is a bigger question, and a bigger deal, than the constant whining we hear about not being able to win recruiting battles agains P5 opponents.   

This is a HUGE win, and a even bigger feather in the cap, for UNT even when Seth gets the offer he can't refuse!   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Some of you have mentioned Mainord as Harrell's replacement but Joel Filani might be another choice. 

Are you kidding me? Why would we hire him? it is just like hiring Harrell again. He had three years coaching experience before coming to NT - and two of those were as a GA. I think we need to hire someone with more experience, and we should be able to afford them. Let's get someone that Littrell respects who is running (or has run) a similar offense in FCS or another G5.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Doesn’t Ohio State have a vacancy soon...

Ryan Day will be their coach for several years.

Edited by Cr1028

On 12/5/2018 at 8:34 PM, UNTFan23 said:

With the KSU Football Coaching Hire getting drawn out this long, this thread has 100-page potential. Lets keep up the good work men ... and woman.

So happy this went past 100.

• Upvote 1

Leaked video from the team meeting Littrell had with the team:

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

What a bunch of d-bag KSU homers commenting on the article trying to make themselves feel better about their situation.  I know it is hard to admit that a G5 job is better than a P5 for the P5 fans but KSU's administration is a mess right now. 

14 hours ago, southsideguy said:

This had me laughing so hard. I remember those days when TV actually used to go off. No more programming after the National Anthem. Kids today certainly do not know anything about that. Haha.