Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yall’s burnt ends idea was the only one worth anything.  And I do like KC-style sauces better than the overly-sweet Texas-style sauces...  but I shouldn’t need sauce if the BBQ is better.

St. Louis does ribs better.

Franklins, Snows, Salt Lick, Blacks >>>>>>>>>>> Oklahoma Joes, Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s.

Burnt ends are great for sure. I was just trying to get some non-sports related banter going since this coaching search seems to be exhausting for both fanbases.

I agree it shouldn't need sauce, but if you do use sauce it should be complimentary to the flavors already present in the meat and smoke, not overpowering.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Keep posting obviously fake news like this and I will ban you myself.

I'm all for all types of BBQ except for that mustard abomination they make out in the Carolinas. I just wanted to stir something up.

As far as a ban, this is how I want it to happen.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oklahoma Joes, Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryant’s.

Seriously gonna talk about BBQ quality and then only name big name chains?

smh little leaguers ...  Slaps > all if you come back to KC check them out. 

Be prepared though. Usually long lines - yes it’s that good. 

Now. Post count ++

just doin my part to get ADGT closer to the goal

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, KcBBQampgtYou said:

Seriously gonna talk about BBQ quality and then only name big name chains?

smh little leaguers ...  Slaps > all if you come back to KC check them out. 

Be prepared though. Usually long lines - yes it’s that good. 

Now. Post count ++

just doin my part to get ADGT closer to the goal

I've had all of the listed 4 in KC during my many trips there for business over the years.   Never had Slaps though...  It's been a while.  Maybe I'll check them out next time I'm there... but I'll likely just stick with the burnt ends.

Two thoughts:

1.  The level of ridiculousness on this board jumping at every rumor, reading something in to every post or action, and speculating at every move is an all-time ass whipping. 

2.  Even hinting that KC BBQ is better than Texas BBQ should get one banned for life. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’m as much a warm fuzzy happy ending to a story gone awry as anyone, but what exactly does Seth come back to at UNT?

Spinning all this “way too long” KSU courtship (since October) will be next to impossible for those who can see through all this. What about recruiting for 2020?  Every CUSA competitor will use all this against us & are already.

SL has been perfect for what he inherited up until late October & then last month (November) at which time the college football gods started frowning & looking down on yet another G5 school without the right pedigree to counter-offer any P5 school.

I don't think CUSA coaches can use this. After the coach tells a recruit Seth will leave what happens when the recruit asks the coach what will he do if p5 offered to double pay.....

Look stupid and lie or look stupid and tell the truth

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

I don't think CUSA coaches can use this. After the coach tells a recruit Seth will leave what happens when the recruit asks the coach what will he do if p5 offered to double pay.....

Look stupid and lie or look stupid and tell the truth

Gotta believe the recruits he visited last week & this week grilled him about the rumors.  They're not ignorant.

The fact that most of them still lined up their last Official Visits prior to signing day speaks volumes to whatever his answers must have been.   Littrell is a stand-up guy.   I assume he gave a straightforward answer.   I know I would appreciate the honesty if I were in their shoes.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So if Littrell were getting the KState job....why would Harrell go to WVU?

KSSt. OC or WVU OC...  Is there a much of a difference?   

Holgorsen has his own Air Raid style.  It will be good for Harrell to become more well-rounded.   
He's coached & played under Leach. 
Spent 3 years under Littrell. 
Now, go learn from another brilliant offensive mind.   

Combine what you've learned & have your own system too.

Then, find a G5 HC job & start moving up.

EDIT:  If Harrell indeed is gone, this basically wraps-up the need to bring Shanbour on as a GA to continue coaching-up Mason.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 4