Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I don't think so. I think he's a defensive guy that runs a lot of dbl TE sets and he's pretty old in comparison. Very similar in style of Les Miles. But I guess Bohl was the architect of NDSU. 

Agree.
Josh Allen killed it in 2016 & 2017, but he graduated, and they weren't quite as successful this year.
It appears that KSSt is in their interview cycle.    If they come to the conclusion that Bohl is a better hire than Littrell, then we're lucky, and they're dumb.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

How dare you trivialize our suffering at this time!  Don't you know!?  Seth fell into a deep *gasp* COMA!!! 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Just saw this on their board:

image.png.487fa2101e2873928003f106a357b093.png

With that being said, they've said a deal is imminent every day for the last week so who knows.

With the way Seth is tweeting left and right with recruits, I'm really starting to doubt they're going to take Seth.  Like you said, they've been saying this for the past week.

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

With the way Seth is tweeting left and right with recruits, I'm really starting to doubt they're going to take Seth.  Like you said, they've been saying this for the past week.

Honestly Seth to KSU didn’t make sense to me for either side. With a senior Fine and the rest of the offense returning there is a legitimate chance to compete for the G5 NY6 bowl spot so his stock would continue to skyrocket while it would take years to be competitive against OU and Texas at KSU. Then with Les Miles being hired across the state KSU needs a big time splash and while Littrell is a great young coach, he can’t compete for recruits with a HC with a NC ring.

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

you think seth runs his own twitter account

When was he in the Houston area doing in-home visits?
If it was indeed the last 2 days, I don't think he had an agreement in place.   I mean, he may now, or soon, but with Bohl leaking as a target today, I think KSU was still in their interview phase very recently... meaning no offers or "ink drying".

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

Honestly Seth to KSU didn’t make sense to me for either side. With a senior Fine and the rest of the offense returning there is a legitimate chance to compete for the G5 NY6 bowl spot so his stock would continue to skyrocket while it would take years to be competitive against OU and Texas at KSU. Then with Les Miles being hired across the state KSU needs a big time splash and while Littrell is a great young coach, he can’t compete for recruits with a HC with a NC ring.

Dan? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Dan? 

Mccarney and Les miles are not even close to being the same when it comes to recruiting because Les knows what the word means

I don’t even think Les will do good at KU anyways. What is there to recruit to in Kansas? Fresh corn? With Les’ prominent success and the quality of big name assistants he can hire he can at least field an average 6 win team though

Edited by MEEN2018

Just now, Rudy said:

I saw an article saying the NFL teams are getting high on Riley, so maybe Littrell is holding out for that when the times comes. 

This is why KSU never made sense to me. Eventually the NFL money will persuade Lincoln to go and even if Littrell was able to have quick success at KSU they would make the buyout so high because they know that he wants to go to OU that OU would probably look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Don't compare that guy to Les Miles. Miles is one of the more prominent ccollege hadcoaches of the past 15 years and got his ring as a HC.

And he actually had a crazy amount of success as a recruiter. Mccarney still doesn’t know what the word recruiting means...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

This is why KSU never made sense to me. Eventually the NFL money will persuade Lincoln to go and even if Littrell was able to have quick success at KSU they would make the buyout so high because they know that he wants to go to OU that OU would probably look elsewhere.

Littrell will have to go undefeated next season and crash the NY6 bowls, like what Fleck did at WMU, to be considered for the OU job if Riley left next year.  The interest in that gig will be through the roof, and Oklahoma will basically have their pick of anyone they want.   An alumnus that is coaching a very good (but not great) North Texas team just doesn't have enough impact for OU.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1