Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

7 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Welcome to the Transparency Club™. @Tyler Maryak, @Jason Howeth, and I have the high-fives and honorary sashes available at our next meeting.

Thank you for the warm welcome into this blessed trademarked club, guys.  Let me know if I can personalize my sash.  Thanks! 

(That was a joke for anyone thinking the new girl actually believes there are honorary sashes ... or meetings.  Obviously conference calls would be easier.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

With the KSU Football Coaching Hire getting drawn out this long, this thread has 100-page potential. Lets keep up the good work men ... and woman.

Wait wait wait. Kennesaw State is already seeking out another coach? Man, they're moving fast!

#OwlNation #CaptainTouchdown #GoldStandard

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattMakesLoans said:

I think Coach Littrell will be back at UNT next season.  Good coaches are always prospects for bigger coaching jobs, put that doesn't mean now is the right time to make the move.  The two schools most familiar with Littrell filled theirs spots with someone else.  He still has something to prove (and increase his value) at UNT by getting a few more quality wins, a bowl win, and conference championship.

Should we tell him?

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I’m reading too much into this but only one coach has UNT emblems on them. 

I hope and dream that hes staying but if he’s not, what in God’s Green Earth is he saying to these kids?

You might be reading to much into this. Wasn't Seth at a dog and pony show the last couple days in his fancy suit and just getting back to Texas? 

What would be shiiiiiity is if he and his staff are just going around to the committed guys they want to take with them doing 4 coach full court press to get them 100% to KSU with them. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove

2 hours ago, BlackCats said:

Why do you think SL is unproven? If he was so bad, wouldn’t you be begging to get rid of him? 

Because he has never been a head coach at the P5 level.  I didn’t say he was bad, just unproven.

The point was, someone said KSU was going to pay top 10 coach money in a few years, and that is obviously not true.  I like SL, my point is if KSU was ever intending and able to pay a coach top 10 money, they would go get a proven top tier winner.  SL may be that someday, or maybe he won’t, we don’t know.

7 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I’m reading too much into this but only one coach has UNT emblems on them. 

I hope and dream that hes staying but if he’s not, what in God’s Green Earth is he saying to these kids?

I think if anything it’s good news that Biagi has UNT gear on. They wouldn’t be recruiting to KSU with any of them wearing UNT stuff. And it seems like that is just Seth’s uniform. Just look at the photo at the top of the site. It seems that is what he wears when he’s not coaching when he is doing football business. When I met him at the signing day even a few years back he was wearing the same outfit.

2 hours ago, Why Not Seth? said:

K-State may have the resources for a top tier coach but it wouldn’t be financially prudent. Especially the optics of it. Even legends are gambles. 

K-State has poured $200 million into the football facility in the past couple years. And are planning another $230 million in other facilities. So financial support is there. That being said if they gambled on a huge name and lost it would be crippling. Not just in lost money but in lost future money from donors, etc. as they try to build/upgrade more facilities.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with realizing the resources of the blue bloods are not available and strategically trying to continually finish in the top three of the conf in all sports and occasionally win a conf championship which by proxy leads to even bigger opportunities. Which is exactly what they do. In all sports. 

No offense, but that’s what people say when they can’t really afford it.   A&M didn’t worry about the risk.  Alabama didn’t worry about the risk.  Texas didn’t worry about the risk, etc, etc.  That’s what it looks like to really pay top 10 salary.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1