Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Okay... so at the least we know he made it out of NYC and away from the K State AD without a deal/offer and he's headed back to Denton and tweeting Mean Green related content... he also RT'ed some Jeff Wilson highlights and a Mason Fine OPOY thing. At the least, this thing ain't over. HOPE LIVES. 

Even if a deal has been finalized and offered, doesn't mean he's accepted or will. As Wren said, he likes it here and he's comfortable here and his family is comfortable here. SL might be great for KState, but he's gotta figure out if KState is good for SL.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vikingcat said:

In 27 years Snyder won 9 or more games 14 years, and had 6 top 10 finishes, 2 big 12 titles, 4 north division champions, 19 bowl games. As far as Texas Snyder is 7-5 despite losing his last two, last year at Austin in OT when are starting QB went down in the first half and this 19-14. Counting Prince we've are 9-5 in our last 14 against Texas.  He's 8-16 vs OU and has beaten them in Norman in 2012 and 2014 and lost to them last year in Manhattan in OT. We've been ranked number 1 in the nation several weeks and had college game day in Manhattan 2-3 times.

You make it sound like we've been 7-5 and never beaten anyone. we beat USC twice, one season when they finished #4 in the country. Texas when they were #4 in the nation , UCLA twice, Michigan, Tennessee when they were ranked. Had several 11 win seasons. I don't think we are who you think we are, and I don't think if you'd tell Seth he couldn't do the same he'd believe you.

As I have stated in a previous post, I think K-State should hire a LEGEND (top tier coach) to follow the LEGEND Coach Snyder. WHY is that not happening?

K-State also beat UNT 49-41 on Nov. 27, 2010 in Denton, TX. And, it was impressive since K-State battled back from a 20-7 deficit for the victory. That victory has to rank up right there with those accomplishments you mentioned in your post, right?.

29 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

You missed the part where no one at that level seems to want to follow Snyder. Additionally, you must not have seen the post about how much tv money we’ve socked away. 

Were 45th in budget because we only offer the minimum amount of sports required. The fact we’re not 95th in budget should tip you off...because there are that many more schools that offer more sports than we do and need more money than we do to operate. We are top five since 2012 in annual surplus. We have Scrooge McDuck TV money, sorry you’re in CUSA, but life isn’t fair. 

Great, that explains why you would go after an unproven coach with all that money.

2 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

As I have stated in a previous post, I think K-State should hire a LEGEND (top tier coach) to follow the LEGEND Coach Snyder. WHY is that not happening?

K-State also beat UNT 49-41 on Nov. 27, 2010 in Denton, TX. And, it was impressive since K-State battled back from a 20-7 deficit for the victory. That victory has to rank up right there with those accomplishments you mentioned in your post, right?.

Why should we hire a legend? Our last legend wasn't a legend until several years after we hired him. Actually the first win on the last second play against North Texas gets replayed about 100 times a year on videos about Snyder. That one ranks right up there.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, FlyingWorms said:

Even if a deal has been finalized and offered, doesn't mean he's accepted or will. As Wren said, he likes it here and he's comfortable here and his family is comfortable here. SL might be great for KState, but he's gotta figure out if KState is good for SL.

I sure hope you are right.

1 minute ago, Vikingcat said:

Why should we hire a legend? Our last legend wasn't a legend until several years after we hired him. Actually the first win on the last second play against North Texas gets replayed about 100 times a year on videos about Snyder. That one ranks right up there.  

Why would you not want to hire a legend (top tier coach) who has proven experience at the P5 level instead of a coach with some success after a couple of years as a G5 head coach?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

You missed the part where no one at that level seems to want to follow Snyder. Additionally, you must not have seen the post about how much tv money we’ve socked away. 

Were 45th in budget because we only offer the minimum amount of sports required. The fact we’re not 95th in budget should tip you off...because there are that many more schools that offer more sports than we do and need more money than we do to operate. We are top five since 2012 in annual surplus. We have Scrooge McDuck TV money, sorry you’re in CUSA, but life isn’t fair. 

Btw, You have so much money in the athletic program you can’t even figure out how to spend it, but your currently 39th In coaching salary and you want to hire a guy who’s never been a head coach at the P5 level.  Did this money come from a man who calls himself the wizard?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Nice try, but nobody wins every game, and no team is great every single year. OU has a reputation for being a blue blood program, but the Sooners were lousy in the early to mid 1990s. P5 teams sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Remember when Appalachian State went into the Big House and beat Michigan in 2007? You cite the 2010 NT game, but K-State still won it. In 2003, K-State lost to Marshall at home, but later that year won the Big 12 championship, 35-7, over what was then being called "The Greatest College Football Team of All Time," the OU Sooners. K-State's body of work over the past 30 years is damn impressive.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

Why is it that no one at that level seems to want to follow Coach Snyder?

Could it really be no one at that level thinks the K-State job is all that attractive? 

A combination of both?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Why would you not want to hire a legend (top tier coach) who has proven experience at the P5 level instead of a coach with some success after a couple of years as a G5 head coach?

He's basically from the Fry- Snyder- Stoops tree. Played for Bob a Snyder disciple. Along several other K-State coaches at OU, the went to KU as a grad assistant with 3 other former K- State coaches with Mangino. Then was at Arizona with Mike Stoops and 3 other K-State coaches. Every where he's went and was in charge of the offense they sucked when he got there and were very good then sucked when he left. Arizona, Indiana, and North Carolina. He has obviously improved your offense. He's 40 and  has several years as a player and coach in the big 12. He can recruit Oklahoma and Texas.

He appears to be a fit personality wise to K-State. seems to be obsessed with the game. No nonsense straight talk. Doesn't have that snake oil salesman personality a lot of coaches do.  I think some think he is going to be a great coach given the opportunity. 

Edited by Vikingcat
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, OUKidder said:

Nice try, but nobody wins every game, and no team is great every single year. OU has a reputation for being a blue blood program, but the Sooners were lousy in the early to mid 1990s. P5 teams sometimes lose games they shouldn't. Remember when Appalachian State went into the Big House and beat Michigan in 2007? You cite the 2010 NT game, but K-State still won it. In 2003, K-State lost to Marshall at home, but later that year won the Big 12 championship, 35-7, over what was then being called "The Greatest College Football Team of All Time," the OU Sooners. K-State's body of work over the past 30 years is damn impressive.

You should email Coach Riley and encourage him to apply for their opening! And then Coach SL could take the opening at OU, his dream job. Now if I could only solve the recently created UNT opening. 

Edited by Professor Lambeau
  • Upvote 1

I

30 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

Btw, You have so much money in the athletic program you can’t even figure out how to spend it, but your currently 39th In coaching salary and you want to hire a guy who’s never been a head coach at the P5 level.  Did this money come from a man who calls himself the wizard?

I think Snyder was intentionally taking a below market salary similar to what Paterno used to do.

• Upvote 2

K-State may have the resources for a top tier coach but it wouldn’t be financially prudent. Especially the optics of it. Even legends are gambles. 

K-State has poured $200 million into the football facility in the past couple years. And are planning another $230 million in other facilities. So financial support is there. That being said if they gambled on a huge name and lost it would be crippling. Not just in lost money but in lost future money from donors, etc. as they try to build/upgrade more facilities.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with realizing the resources of the blue bloods are not available and strategically trying to continually finish in the top three of the conf in all sports and occasionally win a conf championship which by proxy leads to even bigger opportunities. Which is exactly what they do. In all sports. 

1 hour ago, FlyingWorms said:

Or he's just wanting to tell the team himself...

• Upvote 1

Just now, BlackCats said:

Why do you think SL is unproven? If he was so bad, wouldn’t you be begging to get rid of him? 

He's not bad. I don't think anyone ever said that. He is unproven. He has yet to win a big game, haul in a good recruiting class, and has proven to have some chinks in the armor that still haven't been polished up. Just go look at our games in 2017 and the games in 2018. And don't look at the finals, though some of those will scare you too, but dive into the boxscore and you'll see. 

1 minute ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

If he isn’t the KSU coach by end of day tomorrow, I think he stays. 

Agreed. I think if there isn't a team meeting pre/post practice tomorrow then he may very well be staying for 2019. I would think the players would have already been informed of a team meeting for tomorrow though, right?