Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

The problem for KSU is that Kansas HS is complete trash when compared to Texas/California/SEC states.   Snyder's biggest win was getting the KSU administration to let him take a boatload of those Kansas JUCO kids.  If you look at the JUCO rosters, there are a lot of Texas/California/ETC kids on there.  However, everyone hits those JUCOs really hard now.  

KSSt can be successful recruiting in Texas as well.   I don't think they would be at UT's or OU's level, but I think they could be at OSU's/TXTech's level (as far as the Big12 is concerned).

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

The problem for KSU is that Kansas HS is complete trash when compared to Texas/California/SEC states.   Snyder's biggest win was getting the KSU administration to let him take a boatload of those Kansas JUCO kids.  If you look at the JUCO rosters, there are a lot of Texas/California/ETC kids on there.  However, everyone hits those JUCOs really hard now.  

I wouldn't say complete trash, but obviously number wise its tough if KU is doing well or kids are getting poached by out of state schools which is happening now, OU and ND have been getting a lot of Kansas kids and KC area kids. Several Kansas kids during the Snyder era are NFL players that did pretty well. Jordy Nelson, Darren Sproles, BJ Finney, Terrance Newman , Cody Whitehair, Mark Simoneau, Jordan Willis, Josh Freeman, Ryan Lilja all recent NFL players from Kansas and the KC area. The issue is finding the diamonds in the rough and keeping in state kids home because theres just not enough to sustain a D1 program if youre losing most to KU or out of state schools

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Hence the appeal of Littrell to those in power at K-State.  The turnaround at N. Texas is awesome, but just as appealing is the recruiting connections in Texas.  Some K-Staters are asking similar questions that those on this board are asking.....why not a bigger name?  But, Littrell has a unique package including turning a program around, recruiting in Texas and being from Kansas' next door neighbor, Oklahoma, which would give him a unique perspective on the support base around K-State (including most importantly the significant booster base from Western Kansas farmers).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Honest Questions:

1. If he doesn't perform (for whatever the reason), do you believe he has hurt his chances of getting his dream job of coaching at OU?

2. Why would he take a job when you are wanting him to improve things in the short-term so then you can make a bigger splash hire later to win championships (assuming he doesn't start winning championships)?

If he can’t get KState back into the top 4/5 of the B12 (where we have been since the B12 was formed) then he will never coach at OU. 

If he does get us back there, he will coach wherever he wants.

If he leaves we will spent a lot of money to replace him with a guy who thinks they can take us beyond.

If SL takes us beyond that, we can make him a top 10 paid coach and get his assistants to top ten paid coordinators. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Think this is distracting to the team?  Look how much we have discussed the bowl game.   Meanwhile, at Utah State, they have an interim coach for the game and hope to have HC hired in the next 7-10 days. So the process can move fast.  The former HC had just received a bump in salary before he was hired by TT.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

You aren’t going to make anyone a top 10 paid coach.  Your 45th In budget, and about same area for attendance rank in D1.  If you could pay someone top 10 money, why wouldn’t you just go get a top 10 coach right now instead of taking a chance on an up and comer?  Your friends at KU went and got themselves an SEC coach with a National Championship ring.   Been to 2 Natty games and built a winner from scratch at P5 level at Ok St.  But you are going to go take a chance on a guy who has never been a P5 level head coach when you are capable of paying someone top 10 money?

Shots fired... Trophy grade comment 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BlackCats said:

If he can’t get KState back into the top 4/5 of the B12 (where we have been since the B12 was formed) then he will never coach at OU. 

If he does get us back there, he will coach wherever he wants.

If he leaves we will spent a lot of money to replace him with a guy who thinks they can take us beyond.

If SL takes us beyond that, we can make him a top 10 paid coach and get his assistants to top ten paid coordinators. 

Counterpoint: if he CAN get KState back into the top 4/5 of the B12 (where we have been since the B12 was formed) then he will still NEVER coach at OU. Those affiliated with OU will expect more from their next head coach and they have the resources to go out and make that happen.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

You aren’t going to make anyone a top 10 paid coach.  Your 45th In budget, and about same area for attendance rank in D1.  If you could pay someone top 10 money, why wouldn’t you just go get a top 10 coach right now instead of taking a chance on an up and comer?  Your friends at KU went and got themselves an SEC coach with a National Championship ring.   Been to 2 Natty games and built a winner from scratch at P5 level at Ok St.  But you are going to go take a chance on a guy who has never been a P5 level head coach when you are capable of paying someone top 10 money?

You missed the part where no one at that level seems to want to follow Snyder. Additionally, you must not have seen the post about how much tv money we’ve socked away. 

Were 45th in budget because we only offer the minimum amount of sports required. The fact we’re not 95th in budget should tip you off...because there are that many more schools that offer more sports than we do and need more money than we do to operate. We are top five since 2012 in annual surplus. We have Scrooge McDuck TV money, sorry you’re in CUSA, but life isn’t fair. 

• Downvote 2

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd join the panic with some things I know myself...I'm not inside the department by any means, but I am close to a handful of people who are close to people who are (I know some guys who know some guys, etc. lol)....but at least as of last night, I have it on pretty good authority the "source" inside the athletic department that Vito had for that report that nothing had been reached yet with KState is Seth himself, and Wren. Obviously a lot could have changed in the last 24 hours, but still. Take it as you wish.

Looking forward to panicking more with everyone!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Counterpoint: if he CAN get KState back into the top 4/5 of the B12 (where we have been since the B12 was formed) then he will still NEVER coach at OU. Those affiliated with OU will expect more from their next head coach and they have the resources to go out and make that happen.

No, OU will look at him and say, “If he can do that at KState, he’ll make us the new Alabama”...because it’s OU and they will never believe that they wouldn’t offer him a better opportunity to win NCs. 

• Upvote 1

Okay... so at the least we know he made it out of NYC and away from the K State AD without a deal/offer and he's headed back to Denton and tweeting Mean Green related content... he also RT'ed some Jeff Wilson highlights and a Mason Fine OPOY thing. At the least, this thing ain't over. HOPE LIVES. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

No, OU will look at him and say, “If he can do that at KState, he’ll make us the new Alabama”...because it’s OU and they will never believe that they wouldn’t offer him a better opportunity to win NCs. 

That's hear say. If he is annually 5th out of 10 teams for 4 or 5 yesrs he will be on the fast track to nowhere. That's what? 6-6 to 8-4 type years? OU will not pull SL away after 5 years of an average 7-5. Matter of fact, if anything, you guys may be looking for an exit strategy if he rolls up a bunch of 7-5's. 

4 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

IF Coach SL believes that, then I admire his confidence and self-belief.

With that said, you had a legend in Coach Snyder, but have you ever been considered a powerhouse football program, won against other high-level teams in the conference, and out recruited Texas/Oklahoma?

IF the end game (dream) is to get to OU, then I do not see how accepting a position at K-State is a strategic decision for Coach SL. I honestly believe that. I also wish K-State the best in your football search.

In 27 years Snyder won 9 or more games 14 years, and had 6 top 10 finishes, 2 big 12 titles, 4 north division champions, 19 bowl games. As far as Texas Snyder is 7-5 despite losing his last two, last year at Austin in OT when are starting QB went down in the first half and this 19-14. Counting Prince we've are 9-5 in our last 14 against Texas.  He's 8-16 vs OU and has beaten them in Norman in 2012 and 2014 and lost to them last year in Manhattan in OT. We've been ranked number 1 in the nation several weeks and had college game day in Manhattan 2-3 times.

You make it sound like we've been 7-5 and never beaten anyone. we beat USC twice, one season when they finished #4 in the country. Texas when they were #4 in the nation , UCLA twice, Michigan, Tennessee when they were ranked. Had several 11 win seasons. I don't think we are who you think we are, and I don't think if you'd tell Seth he couldn't do the same he'd believe you.

• Upvote 1