Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

3 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

1. why follow a legend in Coach Snyder? 2. why accept the position when it appears Coach Snyder is going to maintain a presence as an "ambassador" to the athletic program and university? 3. why accept a position when Coach Snyder's son may likely remain on the staff and his promotion to head coach has been advocated for by Coach Snyder? 4. Do you honestly believe K-State is going to beat Texas and Oklahoma year after year after year (Coach SL is no Coach Herman or Coach Riley at this point) and have they ever had long-term success against Texas and Oklahoma under Coach Snyder (almost any season you are basically starting with two L's on the schedule)?

K-State actually has a winning record vs. Texas (10-9) and won five in a row from 2006-2012.  

Agreed, following a legend is tough, but the ambassador position is largely symbolic and the first time Snyder retired he had little to no involvement in the football program.  And that was when he was 65 as opposed to 80.  I would anticipate the same this go round.  It won't be a problem.  Living up to the expectations however, could be.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

I go to sleep and now I'm 20 pages behind. 

I haven't read them but I'm guessing this happened:

• People went nuts about tweets last night.
  • Pretty certain @Cerebus or @Harry responded with something regarding the wording of the tweet (Not NOT interviewed)
  • Other people got petty
  • Someone said GH sux
  • Someone else brought up records
  • Someone probably talked about how KState sucks or only was good with Snyder
  • Someone said who cares about Littrell
  • Someone probably really wants Neal Brown but someone else said we can only have him for a year.

Was I close?

One additional:

• Someone assumed my account was really Jimmy Sexton disguising himself as a female. (Ref: Page 83)

It was comical. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

I go to sleep and now I'm 20 pages behind. 

I haven't read them but I'm guessing this happened:

• People went nuts about tweets last night.
  • Pretty certain @Cerebus or @Harry responded with something regarding the wording of the tweet (Not NOT interviewed)
  • Other people got petty
  • Someone said GH sux
  • Someone else brought up records
  • Someone probably talked about how KState sucks or only was good with Snyder
  • Someone said who cares about Littrell
  • Someone probably really wants Neal Brown but someone else said we can only have him for a year.

Was I close?

Why do we even have a board if your just going to have perfect play by play like that?

If SL is gone, I would offer Mainord first.  Maybe he is Seth's right hand man, but he wants to be a HC just like most other coaches and he was at the Southlake/Trinity game with Baker this past weekend.  Maybe he and Baker were starting the process of talking numbers.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

13 minutes ago, Cat15 said:

It's not really about what the fans believe though, is it? The real question (if SL is bound for K-State) is does Seth Littrell believe he can make K-State into a powerhouse football team, win against other high-level quality teams in the conference, and out recruit Texas/Oklahoma?

IF Coach SL believes that, then I admire his confidence and self-belief.

With that said, you had a legend in Coach Snyder, but have you ever been considered a powerhouse football program, won against other high-level teams in the conference, and out recruited Texas/Oklahoma?

IF the end game (dream) is to get to OU, then I do not see how accepting a position at K-State is a strategic decision for Coach SL. I honestly believe that. I also wish K-State the best in your football search.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

One additional:

• Someone assumed my account was really Jimmy Sexton disguising himself as a female. (Ref: Page 83)

It was comical. 

Dang. I did NOT see that coming.

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Why do we even have a board if your just going to have perfect play by play like that?

I got your Mega Thread right chere 

• Haha 2

You know what would be really funny/frustrating is if Littrell has no idea about any of these rumors and hasn’t been contact by anybody. Like he pops on twitter later today and sees all the speculation and thinks “I leave for TWO days and everything falls apart!”. Lol I mean I’m sure he has an idea that he’ll be courted soon by K-State (if not already) but man, how dumb would we feel it this were the case lol. 

I do think there is some honest truth here though. We literally still don’t know anything. Everything is still “per inside sources”, which means nothing until it comes from the horses mouth. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

I would not be shocked at all if Graham Harrell is announced as the next head coach.  Yes we all have our reservations about GH being the next head coach. But, if it means keeping the recruiting class together and possibly our staff then he deserves a very strong look.   

No

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle

4 minutes ago, meangreen2016 said:

You know what would be really funny/frustrating is if Littrell has no idea about any of these rumors and hasn’t been contact by anybody. Like he pops on twitter later today and sees all the speculation and thinks “I leave for TWO days and everything falls apart!”. Lol I mean I’m sure he has an idea that he’ll be courted soon by K-State (if not already) but man, how dumb would we feel it this were the case lol. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7208443

He and his agent are WAY too well connected to not know what’s going on here. 

Edited by Cr1028

4 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

I appreciate the improvement Coach SL has made to the football program at UNT. The program is better now than when he started.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement.  His tenure is a very positive development for the program and ultimately the entire University.  The message is you can win and succeed at UNT.  If Littrell moves on, there will be an adjustment period, but "at the end of the day" we will be viewed as a better program than we were before.

2 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Well, at least there are some other females here. Gotta keep these men in check at some point ... 🤪  No brothers played at UNT. 

Funny enough, I actually messaged one of the Admins last week because I wanted to change my display name, but now I don’t think I can go through with it. I welcome the opportunity for someone to call me out - Hell, that guy’s post warranted a response and in turn ended up increasing my reputation and profile views by many. 😂 If anyone ever needs a woman’s input, I’ll stick around. 🤷‍♀️👌🏼

Welcome to the Transparency Club™. @Tyler Maryak, @Jason Howeth, and I have the high-fives and honorary sashes available at our next meeting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, meangreen2016 said:

I do think there is some honest truth here though. We literally still don’t know anything. Everything is still “per inside sources”, which means nothing until it comes from the horses mouth. 

This could absolutely be the case. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

IF Coach SL believes that, then I admire his confidence and self-belief.

With that said, you had a legend in Coach Snyder, but have you ever been considered a powerhouse football program, won against other high-level teams in the conference, and out recruited Texas/Oklahoma?

IF the end game (dream) is to get to OU, then I do not see how accepting a position at K-State is a strategic decision for Coach SL. I honestly believe that. I also wish K-State the best in your football search.

I guess you missed the 90s.

KSU is a different animal than most P5 schools.  They really relied more heavily on the JUCO schools in Kansas providing them talent back then.  I don't know if that is as viable in 2018 as it was in 1996, though.  Those JUCOs are still there, and are still loaded, but the internet happened...

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Those JUCOs are still there, and are still loaded, but the internet happened...

The problem for KSU is that Kansas HS is complete trash when compared to Texas/California/SEC states.   Snyder's biggest win was getting the KSU administration to let him take a boatload of those Kansas JUCO kids.  If you look at the JUCO rosters, there are a lot of Texas/California/ETC kids on there.  However, everyone hits those JUCOs really hard now.