Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I woke up to a K-State guy from Oklahoma telling me to eat his sewer region. That is 2018 in a nut shell.

Yeah, Kstate struggles from Small Man Syndrome or simply known as SMS. They see this as an opportunity to flex and given these are rarified for them they're seemingly taking full advantage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, Kstate struggles from Small Man Syndrome or simply known as SMS. They see this as an opportunity to flex and given these are rarified for them they're seemingly taking full advantage. 

For the record, TrimGoEMAW spends most of his time on GoEMAW.com and those guys use most of their energy trolling people.

Not a good representation of most K-State fans and I hope y'all are able to keep the train rolling down there in Denton. I'm partial to UNT due to my domination with the Mean Green on NCAA '14. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Yet nobody cares about Kstate. You're one of the most irrelevant P5 schools around

I think those of us in glass houses should put down our stones on the irrelevant talk. We haven’t been relevant since the 70s. 😢

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

so you're like @SSP v2 , except it doesn't sound like your brothers played for NT, and you are an alum. 😋

Please stick around. I know there's at least one other female gmg member who posts fairly regularly, who has a screen name that doesn't hint at being female.  Maybe you should change yours?

6 minutes ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

So is this a done deal?   

If so, who are the rumored replacements?   Someone on staff, will you guys be able to keep your offensive juggernaut going?

This is part of life of the G5, if you have success someone will want to pee in your Wheaties and break the family up.

Nothing is concrete. 

What is telling is the silence. Also, our AD in the bowl presser pretty much told us that we shouldn't be a place that hinges our success on one person. 

I appreciate the improvement Coach SL has made to the football program at UNT. The program is better now than when he started.

Coach SL is a good, young coach. With all the money that K-State has because of their affiliation in the Big XII, why aren't they trying to hire a GREAT coach, one with a solid winning record, one who has won conference championships, and one who has won bowl games? The truth may be that they simply cannot attract a great coach.

SL is good, not great. There are a large number of issues that cannot be ignored: 1. the implosion of the team after halftime with double-digit leads in a few games, 2. the perceived inability to make adjustments at halftime, 3. the team's level of play (i.e., "playing down to") against inferior opponents, 4. erratic or inconsistent play-calling at times by the Offensive Coordinator without any intervention by Coach SL, 5. allowing Mason Fine to play hurt when it is obvious to everyone that he is not even close to being 100%, 6. the refusal to allow the backups (e.g., quarterback) to play when games are out-of-reach. Please go back and read almost any football game thread and review the comments posters have made about this coaching staff and you see the same consistent comments. 

To me, if K-State eventually hires Coach SL, then they have settled for being good, not great. There are other great coaches out there who would do a better job with the financial resources they have available.

I do not understand why Coach SL would want to take the K-State position other than the money. Once you put aside the significant pay raise for the short-term, what are the advantages? There are few. In fact, the disadvantages are far more significant than any advantages: 1. why follow a legend in Coach Snyder? 2. why accept the position when it appears Coach Snyder is going to maintain a presence as an "ambassador" to the athletic program and university? 3. why accept a position when Coach Snyder's son may likely remain on the staff and his promotion to head coach has been advocated for by Coach Snyder? 4. Do you honestly believe K-State is going to beat Texas and Oklahoma year after year after year (Coach SL is no Coach Herman or Coach Riley at this point) and have they ever had long-term success against Texas and Oklahoma under Coach Snyder (almost any season you are basically starting with two L's on the schedule)?

Summation: If your dream job is to one day be the coach at OU, then the path to Norman is not through Manhattan, KS.

This entire situation is just bizarre to me. I do not understand what K-State is trying to accomplish with the potential hiring of Coach SL nor do I understand the decision-making process by Coach SL if he accepted the position. For both, this is a path to nowhere, in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

I appreciate the improvement Coach SL has made to the football program at UNT. The program is better now than when he started.

Coach SL is a good, young coach. With all the money that K-State has because of their affiliation in the Big XII, why aren't they trying to hire a GREAT coach, one with a solid winning record, one who has won conference championships, and one who has won bowl games? The truth may be that they simply cannot attract a great coach.

SL is good, not great. There are a large number of issues that cannot be ignored: 1. the implosion of the team after halftime with double-digit leads in a few games, 2. the perceived inability to make adjustments at halftime, 3. the team's level of play (i.e., "playing down to") against inferior opponents, 4. erratic or inconsistent play-calling at times by the Offensive Coordinator without any intervention by Coach SL, 5. allowing Mason Fine to play hurt when it is obvious to everyone that he is not even close to being 100%, 6. the refusal to allow the backups (e.g., quarterback) to play when games are out-of-reach. Please go back and read almost any football game thread and review the comments posters have made about this coaching staff and you see the same consistent comments. 

To me, if K-State eventually hires Coach SL, then they have settled for being good, not great. There are other great coaches out there who would do a better job with the financial resources they have available.

I do not understand why Coach SL would want to take the K-State position other than the money. Once you put aside the significant pay raise for the short-term, what are the advantages? There are few. In fact, the disadvantages are far more significant than any advantages: 1. why follow a legend in Coach Snyder? 2. why accept the position when it appears Coach Snyder is going to maintain a presence as an "ambassador" to the athletic program and university? 3. why accept a position when Coach Snyder's son may likely remain on the staff and his promotion to head coach has been advocated for by Coach Snyder? 4. Do you honestly believe K-State is going to beat Texas and Oklahoma year after year after year (Coach SL is no Coach Herman or Coach Riley at this point) and have they ever had long-term success against Texas and Oklahoma under Coach Snyder (almost any season you are basically starting with two L's on the schedule)?

Summation: If your dream job is to one day be the coach at OU, then the path to Norman is not through Manhattan, KS.

This entire situation is just bizarre to me. I do not understand what K-State is trying to accomplish with the potential hiring of Coach SL nor do I understand the decision-making process by Coach SL if he accepted the position. For both, this is a path to nowhere, in my humble opinion.

Replace "K-State" with "North Texas in 2015" every time it pops up & re-read... then compare results 3 years later.

I can guarantee you Littrell feels the same way about any P5 job, and certainly doesn't see UT/OU as a preseason guaranteed loss (just like he didn't see Arkansas as a preseason guaranteed loss like >90% of people here did).

17 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Sounds like you've been eating a lot of sour grapes. 

I've gotten a lot of amusement the past couple days watching people on this forum trying to discredit what Seth has accomplished in his 3 years at UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Sounds like you've been eating a lot of sour grapes. 

I've gotten a lot of amusement the past couple days watching people on this forum trying to discredit what Seth has accomplished in his 3 years at UNT. 

I thought Lambaeu had a pretty objective look at Seth Littrell. 

You disagree with his take? I thought it was right on

1. Seth Littrell got us out of a disaster and turned the program around 

2. Seth Littrell didn’t win a conf championship, bowl game or any games with something on the line 

both can be true at the same time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Seriously, your conclusion is that I'm trying to discredit Coach SL? Really? My point is that K-State can hire better than Coach SL with the resources that they have and based and on what he has accomplished at this point in time. And, most importantly, there are better options for Coach SL than K-State. I hope one day Coach SL gets his dream job of coaching at OU. I don't believe that path is by taking a job at K-State. I wish Coach SL success regardless if he decides to stay or leave. As I stated above, I appreciate the improvement he has made to the football program at UNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Seriously, your conclusion is that I'm trying to discredit Coach SL? Really? My point is that K-State can hire better than Coach SL with the resources that they have and based and on what he has accomplished at this point in time. And, most importantly, there are better options for Coach SL than K-State. I hope one day Coach SL gets his dream job of coaching at OU. I don't believe that path is by taking a job at K-State. I wish Coach SL success regardless if he decides to stay or leave. As I stated above, I appreciate the improvement he has made to the football program at UNT.

Yes.   This is what most would call "discrediting".

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It would be discrediting if it was baseless. It's credible because it's truth. SL turned this program around. Outside of that not much else can be said. The timing of his departure may be as detrimental as his turnaround was positive. So, there's that to worry about too. 

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah..But it's not per Big12 rules at that time. It's was a co-champion year. So, again, 0. Let's not make it difficult to admit the truth. 

No one should want to go all the way back to 2003 to have pissing matches about conference championships with North Texas.   NT has that argument in the bag.   It may be an ugly SBC potato sack bag, but it's ours.

2 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

They might be able to hire an older, more seasoned coach, but Seth is one of the hottest names in the country. On paper, its a great hire for them. He turned a perennial loser into one of the best in CUSA. KSU fans are right to think that they have a coach that can bring them into the modern era of college football. Who are these better candidates you're mentioning? 

And what are the better options for Seth? KSU has won a lot of games in the Big 12 the past 15 years, it's close to home and has a environment that SL will feel comfortable. IMO, it might be the perfect place for Seth to coach while he waits for the OU job to open up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No one should want to go all the way back to 2003 to have pissing matches about conference championships with North Texas.   NT has that argument in the bag.   It may be an ugly SBC potato sack bag, but it's ours.

I'm just debunking his BS. They think they're prestigious. They are nothing. At least we know what we are and what we're striving to be. KSU fans clearly have no desire to admit what they are or strive to be better. You know, just 1 competitive team every 4 or 5 years. 

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Please read the entire post in context instead of simply bolding specific words to fit your narrative.

Here is what you left out using your thought process:

And, most importantly, there are better options for Coach SL than K-State. I hope one day Coach SL gets his dream job of coaching at OU. I don't believe that path is by taking a job at K-State. I wish Coach SL success regardless if he decides to stay or leave. As I stated above, I appreciate the improvement he has made to the football program at UNT. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 9.06.48 AM.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It would be discrediting if it was baseless. It's credible because it's truth. SL turned this program around. Outside of that not much else can be said. The timing of his departure may be as detrimental as his turnaround was positive. So, there's that to worry about too. 

Well, if it were "baseless", it would be lying.   
Instead, they are his observations that focus on the negative, which would take away from (or, "discredit") the positive things he's done here.

IF KSSt decides to hire Seth Littrell, I believe they made a great hire!   IF KSSt doesn't hire Littrell, and he stays here, we're better off.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well, if it were "baseless", it would be lying.   
Instead, they are his observations that focus on the negative, which would take away from (or, "discredit") the positive things he's done here.

IF KSSt decides to hire Seth Littrell, I believe they made a great hire!   IF KSSt doesn't hire Littrell, and he stays here, we're better off.

He gave due credit. Then he pulled the curtain all the way back. It's fine. 

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm just debunking his BS. They think they're prestigious. They are nothing. At least we know what we are and what we're striving to be. KSU fans clearly have no desire to admit what they are or strive to be better. You know, just 1 competitive team every 4 or 5 years. 

This is hilarious coming from you. The person on this board with the most out of whack and unrealistic expectations. 

KSU has done more the past 20 years than UNT has done in its entire existence.If they weren't striving to be more they would have let Snyder coach until he died on the sideline. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah..But it's not per Big12 rules at that time. It's was a co-champion year. So, again, 0. Let's not make it difficult to admit the truth. 

2003 was not a Co-Champion year. Where are you seeing that it was a co-champion year by conference rules? Are you thinking of 2012?

So K-State has one outright conference title and one shared title.