Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Like I say over and over Seth was taking us in the right direction but if he leaveswhat foundation is there?

We are weak on both lines. Weak down the middle and on the corners on D. We have 0 championships and 0 bowl trophies. 10 years from now when you walk into the athletic center what will have his stamp on it?

We’re definitley weak at both lines one hundred percent, but skill positions not so much. We have a ridiculous amount of talent at WR RB QB CB and some young guys at LB.

Ten years from now hopefully we’re taking about the beginning of a great run, SL showed other coaches that it could be done here and that you can win 9 maybe 10 games a season. I mean in the last 60 years we have seven 9 win seasons and Littrell has two of them in the last two years. Rome wasn’t built in a day, look at Houston. They were garbage until about 2002 then they struck oil with Briles around 2004, then Sumlin, then Herman. I would love that trajectory. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

I'm thinking you guys will be able to pay, max, in the $2 to $2.2 million range. We can max to over $5 million, but I think for Littrell, it'll be in the $3.5 to $4 neighborhood. So he's looking at a $1.5 million raise.

As I noted previously, G5 coaches do not stay G5 for long, other than Chris Peterson. 

While this is very true and obvious and known by all, I think we are forgetting the other factors.  

I don't see the draw for K-State. No one has won there not-named Bill Snyder, and it is a slog of a gig. Texas Tech, UNC, Louisville -- even right now with the crazy AD and the ridiculous lawsuits -- is a better gig. 

To me, battling Big 12 foes with half a deck and one hand behind your back is cool and all, but one more season with Mason Fine, a chance for a CUSA title, and SL can get a really good gig coming up next season. 

If he wins big next year, Lincoln Riley may move on to the NFL and _that_ dream gig could open up. Sure, it is possible to parley the KSU job to OU, but that's tougher. 

5 is more than 2, which you were so helpful to point out, and I don't know SL personally so it could be so simple. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

8 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Like I say over and over Seth was taking us in the right direction but if he leaveswhat foundation is there?

We are weak on both lines. Weak down the middle and on the corners on D. We have 0 championships and 0 bowl trophies. 10 years from now when you walk into the athletic center what will have his stamp on it?

On a side note, I get your point that Seth still has a lot to accomplish. I would love for him to stay, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. So I’m just grateful he turned our program and the fan base’s expectations around. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

We’re definitley weak at both lines one hundred percent, but skill positions not so much. We have a ridiculous amount of talent at WR RB QB CB and some young guys at LB.

Ten years from now hopefully we’re taking about the beginning of a great run, SL showed other coaches that it could be done here and that you can win 9 maybe 10 games a season. I mean in the last 60 years we have seven 9 win seasons and Littrell has two of them in the last two years. Rome wasn’t built in a day, look at Houston. They were garbage until about 2002 then they struck oil with Briles around 2004, then Sumlin, then Herman. I would love that trajectory. 

Just off top of my head those coaches have a Championship, top 25 team, bowl wins, and the first and only 5 star player to g5. Thats legacy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreen2019 said:

On a side note, I get your point that Seth still has a lot to accomplish. I would love for him to stay, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. So I’m just grateful he turned our program and the fan base’s expectations around. 

These have to be set in quickrete. As fast as you can get good, you can get worse faster. 

Regardless of who our coach is next year we best be at minimum bowling. 

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

This is why I don't like tshirt fans. They help grease the cogs of the money machine but they are so annoying.

Hearing fans talk about conference affiliation like this is like Jerry Jones telling Cowboys fans what the franchise is worth when asked why they missed the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

While I appreciate you thinking I am a sports agent making the big bucks, I assure you I am a real-life, middle-class, working female. 😊 Yes, I realize I am probably the only female commenting here on this thread/on this site.  A few things: I know more about football probably more than the average female, grew up with 2 football-playing brothers their whole lives, grew up going to UNT football games with my brothers and dad (both parents are Alumni; Dad was Scrappy for a year back in the day), am an Alumni myself (in the Todd Dodge days 😬), have been a season ticket holder since I graduated, still have connections in the Athletics department to keep up with the drama (though I could always come to this page), and I keep my mouth shut on things I don't know much about.  I'm fairly knowledgeable with the football program and the history of the program.  That being said, I know my place here and many will probably "Skeptical Eagle" on me because I'm a female and that's fine.  But, I see no problem in adding to a post when I know something - hence my earlier post.  Like many of you, I love MG Football and just like to stay up-to-date on the latest. 

Also - I am a new user to the site as of last month, which is why you've "never" seen me post.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  But, if you talk to Jimmy, feel free to tell him to send some of his millions my way. 💸

yeeeaaahhhh, OK, Jimmy. Guy has a full back story and everything prepped up for us. 

I said that earlier in jest. Welcome to the site. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

While I appreciate you thinking I am a sports agent making the big bucks, I assure you I am a real-life, middle-class, working female. 😊 Yes, I realize I am probably the only female commenting here on this thread/on this site.  A few things: I know more about football probably more than the average female, grew up with 2 football-playing brothers their whole lives, grew up going to UNT football games with my brothers and dad (both parents are Alumni; Dad was Scrappy for a year back in the day), am an Alumni myself (in the Todd Dodge days 😬), have been a season ticket holder since I graduated, still have connections in the Athletics department to keep up with the drama (though I could always come to this page), and I keep my mouth shut on things I don't know much about.  I'm fairly knowledgeable with the football program and the history of the program.  That being said, I know my place here and many will probably "Skeptical Eagle" on me because I'm a female and that's fine.  But, I see no problem in adding to a post when I know something - hence my earlier post.  Like many of you, I love MG Football and just like to stay up-to-date on the latest. 

Also - I am a new user to the site as of last month, which is why you've "never" seen me post.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  But, if you talk to Jimmy, feel free to tell him to send some of his millions my way. 💸

Helpful hint: don’t ever respond to this idiot because then the rest of us who have him on ignore see his posts. 

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3

17 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Nice post.    BTW, I don't think you can get any down votes or up votes as none of us has any left today....LOL.   

BTW, my old college roommate was also Scrappy for a year.  But, I think it was actually called Eppy back then.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BlackCats said:

I’d like to clear up K-State’s financial picture real quick. We have seperated our Athletic Department from the University. They are one of less than a handful of schools that don’t receive money from the University, infact give money to the University, and the employees of KSA are not State employees. 

We have been ending the year with a $5-19 million overage since 2012. 

In the latest available 990 (2016) we have $78millon in our reserves which were built up knowing we would have to come large when Snyder retired. NONE OF THIS IS DONOR MONEY. It is all from our football tier 1,2&3 rights. 

So if you think we can’t afford Littrell, I’m sorry to disappoint. We have positioned ourselves to be able to swing for the fences for a new coach...twice. We saw what happened down the road at KU and we’re not going to let that happen here. 

Thanks. That is good info to have.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, aztecskin said:

This is why you get a good agent. This is what they do, get you your market worth and you can concentrate on the stuff you are good at. 

Seth Littrell very well may be out there recruiting hard for North Texas and his agent is out there recruiting organizations on his behalf. 

Agent comes back with a big offer -- "yo Seth, they offered X+1. We should get WB to give you a raise" 

SL: "sure"

**gets raise**

Except this does create problems. Lets say that SL indeed does it like this, this strongly errodes trust in him from the fan base. That absolutely can come back to bite you. Also, it would lead to questions from any recruit doing their due diligence.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Ok, if Seth wants to leave that’s fine. Why are we hung up on where he is going who cares. It not our choice it’s Seth’s. We as mean green fans need to focus on who our next coach will be and support the university any way we can. If we stay on this course we will be set up when the next conference changes happen. We need to show the self named P5s that we can hang. 

Edited by Sig381
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seth’s Poo said:

You’re out of your mind if you think K-State is only “slightly better” than KU in football.

Guess which team has the most wins since the Big 12 was formed. 

K-State. Ku just went almost a decade without winning a road conference game.

Yet nobody cares about Kstate. You're one of the most irrelevant P5 schools around

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Seth’s Poo said:

Not true. Won the 2012 conference title (tie with OU but K-State won in Norman. It was only a tie because of the dumb conference rules that have since been changed) Destroyed the “greatest college football team ever” Oklahoma in 2003 for another conference title. 

Won 97 Fiesta bowl which was a Bowl Alliance bowl the last year before it changed to the BCS. 

They were one game from a national title appearance in both 98 and 2012. Snyder won 8+ games 5 of his last 7 years.

Is K-State likely to make the playoffs under Seth? Probably not. Is it possible? Absolutely. 

So, to confirm, 0 outright conference titles and 0 NY6/BCS bowl wins. ✔

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1