Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

If that day comes, I sure hope I don't get excited for winning a bowl games. That would be very sad. It's funny. Being around other P5 programs and fans, NOBODY has ever mentioned winning a bowl game as a goal. 

I didn't think you guys were serious until one of your posters mentioned, it's different for you guys, that bowl game victories are important.  I understand that now.

Again, what do you guys get riled up for? Sure as shit ain't nattys, so what is it? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Or Gary Patterson, Terry Bowden, Rocky Long, Rick Stockstill, Skip Holtz, and more and more. Many of these coaches and the more and more were and have been where they were for triple the amount of time Littrell was at UNT...And had more success. So...There's that. 

huh?

Gary Patterson stayed because TCU became P5. Wasn't Terry Bowden fired at Auburn for sucking, and now he was just fired at a non P5 for sucking? Skip Holtz isn't good enough for a P5 job. Don't know who the other 2 are.

So ya, if you're good enough for P5 and get an opportunity, you leave.

10 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Our football team is currently closer to you than to OU right now. That's why we needed a coaching change.

But $$$ wise, nope. Between tier 1 money, $37 million for KSU, and tier 2 and 3, we racked in about $40 million. OU probably was around $45 million. Texas was over $52 million

The P5 money is what separates us from UNT. It's why the buyout is chump change. Nobody cares. 

You literally made my point. Just because OU and UT bring you all the big bucks does not mean you are worth the big bucks. Once UT gets tired of sharing they are gone and OU follows.

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

huh?

Gary Patterson stayed because TCU became P5. Wasn't Terry Bowden fired at Auburn for sucking, and now he was just fired at a non P5 for sucking? Skip Holtz isn't good enough for a P5 job. Don't know who the other 2 are.

So ya, if you're good enough for P5 and get an opportunity, you leave.

Terry Bowden had a pretty good run of success at Akron, and was recently fired. Patterson took the TCU job in 2001. They didn't get into the Big12 until 2012. So, to your logic, he knew they were going to the Big12 for 11 years and decided to wait it out. I get it. As for you not knowing the other coaches, no surprise. P5 fans live in their bubble. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Again, what do you guys get riled up for? Sure as shit ain't nattys, so what is it? 

Conference Championships. Like I said, we're hoping to contend for a conference championship every 4 or 5 years. Being in a P5, contending for a conference championship also means we're in the playoff picture. We understand that a 1 loss KSU is not the same as a 1 loss OU or 1 loss Texas, but if balls bounce right, we could end up in the playoff.

However, expecting playoff is unrealistic. We hope to contend for conference championships every 4 or 5 years. It last happened in 2012/2013, so not that long ago.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

You literally made my point. Just because OU and UT bring you all the big bucks does not mean you are worth the big bucks. Once UT gets tired of sharing they are gone and OU follows.

So other than OU, UT, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, UCLA, USC, Clemson and maybe 5 other schools, we're all just like you? Ok.

Who cares if we're worth the big bucks. We get the big bucks. So ya, I guess we have $40 million dollars every year to be sad about.

I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to say we are riding OU and UT's curttail? Well ya. Anybody can tell you that. Is that what you are trying to argue?

Edited by CelinaKSU
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

Conference Championships. Like I said, we're hoping to contend for a conference championship every 4 or 5 years. Being in a P5, contending for a conference championship also means we're in the playoff picture. We understand that a 1 loss KSU is not the same as a 1 loss OU or 1 loss Texas, but if balls bounce right, we could end up in the playoff.

However, expecting playoff is unrealistic. We hope to contend for conference championships every 4 or 5 years. It last happened in 2012/2013, so not that long ago.

giphy.gif

The compete for X every X to X amount of years is so arbitrary. And spoiler, in today's world you will never have the talent to do what you expectations are. You might compete for conference, but you'll be very similar to like Pittsburg did this past Saturday in Charlotte..."compete for the conference championship"....with a 7-4 record with 0% chance to win. I can see that...one day for Kstate. And I only banter back and forth with you because of your view on us and your view on your "big time" status. Keep SL. 

2 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

So other than OU, UT, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, UCLA, USC, Clemson and maybe 5 other schools, we're all just like you? Ok.

Who cares if we're worth the big bucks. We get the big bucks. So ya, I guess we have $40 million dollars every year to be sad about.

I honestly have no idea what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to say we are riding OU and UT's curttail? Well ya. Anybody can tell you that. Is that what you are trying to argue?

Yeah...And what are you doing with them? Nothing. 

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Other than Chris Peterson, what non P5 coach that could have gone P5, didn't go? Everybody pretty much leaves when they find a "fit".

Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green for a year, than Utah for a year, then to Florida

Tom Herman was only at Houston for a year.

Justin Fuente was at Memphis for 3 years and left for Va Tech

Nobody stays

Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green two seasons and then Utah for two more.

Tom Herman was at Houston for two seasons.

Justin Fuente was at Memphis for four years.

I mean, obviously your point stands, but you didn't get one of those facts right.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Guess not

You guess right. Went to Fiesta in 03 and 11. Lost both games. They've never won the big12 outright, ever. Or none that I am seeing. So even his expectations are skewed. He just wants to compete for something he can never attain. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

2 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

If that day comes, I sure hope I don't get excited for winning a bowl games. That would be very sad. It's funny. Being around other P5 programs and fans, NOBODY has ever mentioned winning a bowl game as a goal. 

I didn't think you guys were serious until one of your posters mentioned, it's different for you guys, that bowl game victories are important.  I understand that now.

Well, CKSU, I sure hope someone up there in the little apple can inform SL just what is important to y’all.  Maybe if someone here had told him after a 4 win start to the season that we wanted to win the 5th game , in front of probably the biggest home crowd ever, instead of watching the coaching staff lose that for us with whatever brain fart they came up to turn it around for the visitors.  Honestly, I love what SL has done for us, but to show up at THAT party and lay a turd in the punchbowl makes me a little less sentimental.

However, enjoy your first halves, of games and seasons.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Please tell me you actually went to KSU. I can't stand talking college sports with tshirt fans. You seem to be sensible.

Edited by RiseUNT

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green two seasons and then Utah for two more.

Tom Herman was at Houston for two seasons.

Justin Fuente was at Memphis for four years.

I mean, obviously your point stands, but you didn't get one of those facts right.

You're right. My bad. When it listed 2011-2012 and then 2012-2013 on google for Urban Meyer at Bowling Green and then Utah, and assumed it meant 1 season, so all the seasons I listed were short 1 season.

But ya, the whole, Littrell is leaving us after ONLY 3 years crying doesn't make too much sense. Good coaches leave for P5 quickly. It's a fact. It's not Littrell being greedy. It's economics. It's the system as it is, and it screws over you guys, so sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

Guys, If this is a bit you’re doing regarding saying Seth sucks so you can playfully pretend it will make KState leave him alone, please know that people (recruits,etc) read stuff literally.  If you’re serious about these things though you need to wake up and realize what this man has done.  He has built a winning culture and recruited to a place that was barren and won with kids nobody wanted. 4th and 1 be damned...I’m pissed about our 3 losses too...but look at this body of work and we couldn’t have dreamed of something better.  Running the dude down, playfully or not, is bullshit. 

Amen. Just about threw up reading some of the comments people have made about this man. This is the worst fan base I've ever seen. Pathetic showing for The University of North Texas.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

Quote a post that is incorrect?

Why are so many of you handling this so poorly? Be adults and realize that we knew this day would come. Just because Coach is doing what is best for his family (something we would probably all do), so many of you are choosing to take this personally and completely turn on him, slander him, and trash the hard work he has put into this program. Look at the progress he has made for us, thank him, wish him well, and move on to the next one. Wren's got this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, brownisgreen said:

Why are so many of you handling this so poorly? Be adults and realize that we knew this day would come. Just because Coach is doing what is best for his family (something we would probably all do), so many of you are choosing to take this personally and completely turn on him, slander him, and trash the hard work he has put into this program. Look at the progress he has made for us, thank him, wish him well, and move on to the next one. Wren's got this. 

Agreed. 

Everyone stop having a hissy fit.  This is only so new and shocking (a coach leaving, even after saying how much this place means to him) because we've been so damn awful no on has wanted to hire our coaches in a couple decades.  This is an improvement.