Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

I'm glad we didn't make a bowl game. If would have beaten Iowa State, Snyder probably would have stayed, and 15 more players would have transferred. Instead of a 2-3 year rebuild, it'd be a 4-5 year rebuild.

It's cute that you guys actually want to win a bowl game. Bowl wins are not a measuring stick. Once you've gone to enough bowl games, you'll understand. Bowl games are merely additional practice, especially for your younger players, to get your team better for the following season. Unless it's the playoff, nobody cares who wins a bowl game.

G5s care. We have zero shot at the playoff. Those “crappy” bowls are all we look forward to. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I know this is pure speculation, but man.. if you shut down bc K State has you excited? That’s tough. I honestly think another year and a possible CUSA title lands you a better job than KSU..  but, nevertheless, if the smoke signals are to be believed I really do wish Seth the best. I’m sure he’ll do a great job up there. 

Littrell wants a Big 12 job. Other than Texas and Oklahoma, every other job is pretty much the same (minus KU). 

Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, Baylor (not counting WVU because he would have no interest at WVU) Those are all interchangeable. You take whichever one becomes available. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

I'm glad we didn't make a bowl game. If would have beaten Iowa State, Snyder probably would have stayed, and 15 more players would have transferred. Instead of a 2-3 year rebuild, it'd be a 4-5 year rebuild.

It's cute that you guys actually want to win a bowl game. Bowl wins are not a measuring stick. Once you've gone to enough bowl games, you'll understand. Bowl games are merely additional practice, especially for your younger players, to get your team better for the following season. Unless it's the playoff, nobody cares who wins a bowl game.

Lmfao. I remember when I posted teams like Oklahoma St are delusional and don't measure making bowls a success and I got blasted with down votes. 

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Lmfao. I remember when I posted teams like Oklahoma St are delusional and don't measure making bowls a success and I got blasted with down votes. 

Well, I'm here to tell you that you're right. Other than a playoff or New Years 6 bowl game, making a bowl game is whatever. OSU and KSU don't really care at all. The crappy teams, like KU, would be excited. But for everyone else, it's mehhh.

Edited by CelinaKSU
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

So is deriding a coach who is headed out the door and you’re just butthurt.  I am too but all I’m saying is running him down doesn’t help the program. He did a HELL of a job here and I hope it’s not over.  If it is I’m grateful for what he’s done. We can’t treat our coaches with bitterness.  Half the damn ACC head coaches would take the KState job, let alone all of MWC and CUSA.  Be proud of it.  Damn. 

I’m not butthurt. I’m very happy he turned around this disaster. But that was a LOOOOOOOOW bar. Still.....all credit to him for getting is out of that mess

but the fact remains by any standard outside of “we’re better than we were when we got beat by Portland St” he did not accomplish what he told us he was going to accomplish. No bowl wins, no championships....he didn’t win 1 game with anything on the the line. Those are just facts. I don’t think anyone is saying he did a bad job, he didn’t. But let’s not make him Scott Frost, Tom Herman or PJ Fleck. He’s not. I think there are a BUNCH of coaches that could have improved this situation from the depths of hell it was in  

I’m not hurt he’s leaving. Im a little disappointed that he seems like any other mercinary coach stepping his way up the ladder and telling us what a family guy he is and how he loves it here and all that crap. He won’t even see his seniors play. but that’s my fault. I should know they’re all that way.

I’m excited to see who we get next. I’m just tired of this sitting around. Get on with it already. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

So don't rejoice in going to a bowl game? What does Kstate get excited about? It's not winning national championships? So in that regard we're equals. The late 90's were very good to you guys, but not good enough to whiff a natty game. It's just not in yalls wheelhouse. And I hate that it isn't. I'm tired of the same 10 teams going at it while the rest (in this case you guys) are just fillers as made up and make believe "peers". But anyway, if you can't get excited for bowls at Kstate, what is it that moves the needle? You guys have a really good track team or something that overcompensates the mediocrity (at best) with the football team? 

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

Well, I'm here to tell you that you're right. Other than a playoff or New Years 6 bowl game, making a bowl game is whatever. OSU and KSU don't really care at all. The crappy teams, like KU, would be expected. But for everyone else, it's mehhh.

I honestly think KU and Kstate and twins. Kstate was just slightly better in football and a lot worse in everything else

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So don't rejoice in going to a bowl game? What does Kstate get excited about? It's not winning national championships? So in that regard we're equals. The late 90's were very good to you guys, but not good enough to whiff a natty game. It's just not in yalls wheelhouse. And I hate that it isn't. I'm tired of the same 10 teams going at it while the rest (in this case you guys) are just fillers as made up and make believe "peers". But anyway, if you can't get excited for bowls at Kstate, what is it that moves the needle? You guys have a really good track team or something that overcompensates the mediocrity (at best) with the football team? 

This is what's wrong with the non blue bloods p5. They think since they play with OU, Alabama, or the OSU that they are on the same level.

KSU is closer to us then they are to OU.

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Wait, what did I miss. I don't see any official confirmation that he's gone in this thread.

There’s not one. This got weird really fast. I feel like he probably is based on @Cerebus‘s post, but that’s about all we’ve got right now. Likely a smoke/fire situation, but nothing yet but that and the GH tweet to talk about. 

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Just pondering the question of Seth’s potential  leaving for a new gig because I have nothing better to do right now....really...nothing better.  So, if he isn’t leaving....why hasn’t he said anything? Well, my “pondering” leads me to the possibility that he (and his new agent) are “testing the waters” to see what Seth’s HC “worth” is right now on the open market. This really is the first time he (and his agent) have been able to do that. No harm there (other than giving fans like me strokes and heart attacks) I guess and a decent business action. This might be setting him up for a nice little raise to stay while getting a decent feel of “worth and interest” for the future. The very near future in my opinion. Should Seth stay, I am thinking it is for one more year before the “right deal” lands in his lap.

OK...pondering over for now.

This is why you get a good agent. This is what they do, get you your market worth and you can concentrate on the stuff you are good at. 

Seth Littrell very well may be out there recruiting hard for North Texas and his agent is out there recruiting organizations on his behalf. 

Agent comes back with a big offer -- "yo Seth, they offered X+1. We should get WB to give you a raise" 

SL: "sure"

**gets raise**

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aztecskin said:

This is why you get a good agent. This is what they do, get you your market worth and you can concentrate on the stuff you are good at. 

Seth Littrell very well may be out there recruiting hard for North Texas and his agent is out there recruiting organizations on his behalf. 

Agent comes back with a big offer -- "yo Seth, they offered X+1. We should get WB to give you a raise" 

SL: "sure"

**gets raise**

I'm thinking you guys will be able to pay, max, in the $2 to $2.2 million range. We can max to over $5 million, but I think for Littrell, it'll be in the $3.5 to $4 neighborhood. So he's looking at a $1.5 million raise.

As I noted previously, G5 coaches do not stay G5 for long, other than Chris Peterson. 

13 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

aka the 2025 additions to the super-Conference USA

Ultra Conference USA... Mega Conference USA... Supreme Conference USA... Conference USAXL

2 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

The P5 money is what separates us from UNT. It's why the buyout is chump change. Nobody cares. 

We'll look forward to your input on our above potential Conference names fellow future CUSAXL brother.

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

I'm thinking you guys will be able to pay, max, in the $2 to $2.2 million range. We can max to over $5 million, but I think for Littrell, it'll be in the $3.5 to $4 neighborhood. So he's looking at a $1.5 million raise.

As I noted previously, G5 coaches do not stay G5 for long, other than Chris Peterson. 

Or Gary Patterson, Terry Bowden, Rocky Long, Rick Stockstill, Skip Holtz, and more and more. Many of these coaches and the more and more were and have been where they were for triple the amount of time Littrell was at UNT...And had more success. So...There's that. 

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Ultra Conference USA... Mega Conference USA... Supreme Conference USA... Conference USAXL

We'll look forward to your input on our above potential Conference names fellow future CUSAXL brother.

If that day comes, I sure hope I don't get excited for winning a bowl games. That would be very sad. It's funny. Being around other P5 programs and fans, NOBODY has ever mentioned winning a bowl game as a goal. 

I didn't think you guys were serious until one of your posters mentioned, it's different for you guys, that bowl game victories are important.  I understand that now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I'd give you an upvote for originality, but I ran out around lunch. It has been a very unproductive day.