Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

I don't understand why so many of you guys are pooing on Littrell.

Let's assume that N. Texas was in the same shape in 2011 when McCarney took over at Litrell in 2016

McCarney:
2011: 5-7
2012: 4-8
2013: 9-4
2014: 4-8
2015: 0-5 (fired)

Littrell:
2016: 5-8
2017: 9-5
2018: 9-3

It would seem that McCarney's one good season was more of an outlier, an aberration, than anything. Littrell's worst season, 2016, his 1st year, was better than McCarney's 2nd best season, in 2011.

When considering Littrell, it really goes beyond his coaching record at North Texas.

It's important to also note how good he was as an OC, that gave him the opportunity to be the head man at N. Texas.

Under his watch as OC, he turned 3 mediocre p5 programs into top 30 offenses. He did it at Arizona, Indiana and North Carolina. It's very impressive what he was able to accomplish at 3 different geographic locations, 3 different conferences, and 3 different sets of players.

He looked at what was in the cupboard and made it work at ARIZONA, INDIANA, AND NORTH CAROLINA. 3 Basketball schools!

Also, add in the fact that his major connections are in Texas and Oklahoma, and he SCREAMS Big 12 kinda guy, it's a no brainer.

I've seen people say, "well, I want to see him do it longer" or something like that. Well boys, if you want more proof, he'd be knocking on the door at Ohio State or Oklahoma, and not KSU. As much as he has achieved, this is a no-brainer hire.

His last championship was as a player at OU. Last big game win that had something on the line? Doesn't have one at UNT, in fact those games have been utter blowouts in the wrong direction.

2 minutes ago, smoothfresh said:

November 1st I said...I know from whence I speak...now I’m looking forward to who The Mean Green hire and will support him 100% as well 

Yeah...called that like 5 pages ago. We know Jimmy has been lurking. We also know that is why we played competitive games with 3 teams with a 4-32 overall record. Our coach had one foot out the door, and he couldn't wait to get the hell out. True professionalism. 

• Eye Roll 1

Are you over this?  I am.  

Who is going to be our next HFC who will take us to the Promise Land or places even many of us dreamers would have never thought?  Our upside is still quite up!   We ain't no shrinking violet.  Hell! What we going to do when we hit 50,000 students at our Denton campus?  We sure as hell ain't going to make Apogee smaller.

GMG!

And who came up with that black & white of Seth Littrell?  He looks like that Monster he was always talking about. I'm sure his wife would like the original copy!  LOL!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Guys, If this is a bit you’re doing regarding saying Seth sucks so you can playfully pretend it will make KState leave him alone, please know that people (recruits,etc) read stuff literally.  If you’re serious about these things though then id say you need to wake up and realize what this man has done.  He has built a winning culture and recruited to a place that was barren and won with kids nobody wanted. 4th and 1 be damned...I’m pissed about our 3 losses too...but look at this body of work and we couldn’t have dreamed of something better.  Running the dude down, playfully or not, is bullshit. 

Leaving after three seasons for the first P5 offer in hand doesn't exactly make fans respect you. I don't think anyone here is saying anything unfair or stuff that hasn't been said in other threads.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Something come down the pipe on this? Lots of posts seem like Spanky is a lock to take the Kstate job. All I’ve read was he interviewed over the phone with the KSU AD...

There have been a ton of hints in the last few days that Littrell is leaving.  There have been no indicators that he is staying.  At some point reality sets in.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

I do sincerely think this is the case.  Not from a standpoint as a NT fan but what I would hope to see if I were a KSU fan replacing your legend of a coach.  It comes from a place of watching a team cough up three 20+ leads this year that separated us from going undefeated.  When that occurs it isn't narrowed down to one or two plays.  That is a collapse. 

Not winning bowl games, winning championships and not having a strong reputation of recruiting (until this year) are also factors that would concern me.  I would like to see him stay but if he is wanting to go I (personally) can't stop him so it is what it is.  I just wouldn't expect a high chance of success for the P5 that takes him until he incubates longer. 

People might tend to say "oh well it was North Texas" but remember who we play? Barely beating UTEP and UTSA shows us that something was wrong when our coach can't handle these two bottom-feeders (this year anyway).  

If he is gone then Trust in Wren and it's on-wards and upwards. 

I've been saying the same things. He's too green. Worst thing is, he'll fail and it will look bad on us, not KState

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, meangreenlax said:

Leaving after three seasons for the first P5 offer in hand doesn't exactly make fans respect you. I don't think anyone here is saying anything unfair or stuff that hasn't been said in other threads.

Other than Chris Peterson, what non P5 coach that could have gone P5, didn't go? Everybody pretty much leaves when they find a "fit".

Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green for a year, than Utah for a year, then to Florida

Tom Herman was only at Houston for a year.

Justin Fuente was at Memphis for 3 years and left for Va Tech

Nobody stays

1 minute ago, akriesman said:

There have been a ton of hints in the last few days that Littrell is leaving.  There have been no indicators that he is staying.  At some point reality sets in.

You'd think with all the chaos and noise from our fanbase that if the rumors were not true, we'd get more than a weak tweet from Wren.

7 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Guys, If this is a bit you’re doing regarding saying Seth sucks so you can playfully pretend it will make KState leave him alone, please know that people (recruits,etc) read stuff literally.  If you’re serious about these things though you need to wake up and realize what this man has done.  He has built a winning culture and recruited to a place that was barren and won with kids nobody wanted. 4th and 1 be damned...I’m pissed about our 3 losses too...but look at this body of work and we couldn’t have dreamed of something better.  Running the dude down, playfully or not, is bullshit. 

Says the 6-win fan. 

You are never as good as your record might indicate, and you are never as BAD as it either. Have you ever thought that that 1-11 team that you bring up daily quit on themselves and their coach, fans, AD, school, everyone? If a coach can come in as a first year-first time HC and take those players and win 5, was it really the team OR the coach that was so awful in 2015? He changed our system to fit what CUSA does...spread it out and score points. He got his face pushed in at least 7 or 8 times while here. This isn't a bit or made up...It's facts. Like, it happened. He struggled to beat bad teams and almost always lost to the very few good ones he had to play <--- more facts. He quit on THIS team...not end of the year, but I seriously believe that he quit on them mid-season while peaking over to greener pastures. I am very convinced we can get a better coach in here that is more personable to players and recruits and will dictate what happens with this team and not let the same mishaps happen over and over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, meangreenlax said:

I asked about the late season struggles and got a lot of he had one foot out the door and didn't have his head in the game, he was looking for a payday , from several posters and finally one poster said his dad had cancer. Which I can see having a affect on his concentration. And if that is the case , is it a far stretch that the guy might want to get a BIG 12 job with a big payday and show his dad he made it before , god forbid something happened to him?  These guys are just people , can you really blame the guy if that's the case? 

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Man, this is coaching.  I’m hurt too but if you take off your green colored glasses you realize that this is normal.  It’s everywhere.  Doesn’t mean we have to like it, but my point is that it doesn’t discredit what he has accomplished here.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Vikingcat said:

I asked about the late season struggles and got a lot of he had one foot out the door and didn't have his head in the game, he was looking for a payday , from several posters and finally one poster said his dad had cancer. Which I can see having a affect on his concentration. And if that is the case , is it a far stretch that the guy might want to get a BIG 12 job with a big payday and show his dad he made it before , god forbid something happened to him?  These guys are just people , can you really blame the guy if that's the case? 

That is Bryce English's dad that had cancer. The other comments on SL hold true, don't convince yourself he had  valid excuse of the amount of suck you are seeing on our schedule. He didn't. 

11 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Other than Chris Peterson, what non P5 coach that could have gone P5, didn't go? Everybody pretty much leaves when they find a "fit".

Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green for a year, than Utah for a year, then to Florida

Nobody stays

4 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Nobody stays

It’s true. This is just the way college football go. Y'all are getting a good coach. Rest assured.

And in other news, we’ll be fine. UNT now actually has resources to make big time hires as well. This is a highly attractive job.