Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

You're right. Kansas is probably more talented than us right now. We needed a change in culture, so we're really excited for the change that Littrell is going to bring.

Snyder, as great as he was, completely ignored recruiting. It'll take 2-3 years to get KSU to a p5 talent level.

That culture hasn't won CUSA with the best QB in the conference over the past 3 years. So... yeah... good luck to y'all.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Good luck with it. You're going to be less happy than you are right now in about O/U 18 months begging your admin to send him packing. If I had to guess. The man isn't ready yet. Tom Herman and Riley will coach circles around the circles they're going to make. Les Miles will get a nasty OL in there and pound on Littrells soft team, because it WILL be a soft team. Just wait...give 18 months and come on back in here. 

This is pretty much what's going to happen. He isn't ready. In 3-4 years he'll be a has been with no more shots at a P5. 

• Eye Roll 1

Good luck in your coaching search! I mean it. Denton is a nice area. It's close to a lot of talent. Seth leaving shows that coaches can come to UNT, win, and move up. 

Seth may leave us for OU in a few years. That would be a great thing. It means he did a great job at KSU. 

Give us a moment, CelinaKSU, we just need a moment to absorb.  You are being very nice though.

• Thanks 2

I'm not surprised SL is leaving, I’m more surprised in Kansas St. going all in on him. I would have thought he would have needed a better resume. I’m not saying anything new...only time will tell If this is a good hire or not. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

Seth may leave us for OU in a few years. That would be a great thing. It means he did a great job at KSU. 

Boy, that’s easy to say now.  We were saying the same thing three years ago.  That said, our situation is much different than yours, but you guys are about to go through a paramount transition.  I’d want stability if I were you.  Knowing my coach desires the job at my conference rival would unsettle me. 

1 minute ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I'm not surprised SL is leaving, I’m more surprised in Kansas St. going all in on him. I would have thought he would have needed a better resume. I’m not saying anything new...only time will tell If this is a good hire or not. 

I can't wait to watch UT/OU obliterate them. And watch just about everyone outside of KU soundly beat them. And to be frank, SL is entering into the Big12 at the completely wrong time. OU has held serve over the years, but UT is truly catching up with them and the Big12 is about to be restored again with the top 2 sitting at the top. SL isn't going to want any of those ass whippings he's going to receive. He's going to think he's on another wife trip in Boca. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

One would have had to be totally blind to not see that this was going to happen.   No one I know was going to be caught off guard at all with this.  Seems coaching changes happen all over the NCAA. (uh, duh)?

You still feel sorta' jilted for a few brief shining moments, though.   We bought in--but not all did.  

I will not burn my UNT degree over something so trite, though.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, PlummMeanGreen said:

One would have had to be totally blind to not see that this was going to happen.  No one I know was going to caught off guard at all.  Seems coaching changes happen all over the NCAA.  You still feel sorta' jilted for a few brief shining moments, though.   We bought in--but not all did.  

Nope. I'm in the minority group, but it's larger than you may think. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I hope he doesn't promise championships to Kstate.. hasn't delivered yet.

Lol. We're hopeful that we "compete" for a conference championship every 4 or 5 years. We're realistic. After 3 years of rebuilding, we hope for 8 wins most seasons and competing for conference championships every 4 or 5. We know we're not OU or TX.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This is pretty much what's going to happen. He isn't ready. In 3-4 years he'll be a has been with no more shots at a P5. 

I do sincerely think this is the case.  Not from a standpoint as a NT fan but what I would hope to see if I were a KSU fan replacing your legend of a coach.  It comes from a place of watching a team cough up three 20+ leads this year that separated us from going undefeated.  When that occurs it isn't narrowed down to one or two plays.  That is a collapse. 

Not winning bowl games, winning championships and not having a strong reputation of recruiting (until this year) are also factors that would concern me.  I would like to see him stay but if he is wanting to go I (personally) can't stop him so it is what it is.  I just wouldn't expect a high chance of success for the P5 that takes him until he incubates longer. 

People might tend to say "oh well it was North Texas" but remember who we play? Barely beating UTEP and UTSA shows us that something was wrong when our coach can't handle these two bottom-feeders (this year anyway).  

If he is gone then Trust in Wren and it's on-wards and upwards. 

I mean....if anyone would have told me SL gets a “P5” offer with out winning the conference and with out winning a bowl game.....aaaaand he gets hired before Lane Kiffin or Neal Brown both of whom he got out coached by....I would have said now way. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/1/2018 at 3:26 PM, smoothfresh said:

I haven’t posted in along time but I’m going to put this right here.  My family is also a long time K-State season ticket holder and Manhattan is my hometown.  Anyone who knows me knows my story... we adopted North Texas when Apogee opened and love North Texas.   

I’ll tell you right now this is true and wouldn’t be surprised if things materialize quickly   

Seth Littrell's agent has been in Manhattan twice recently in the last few weeks, including within the last 7 days.

November 1st I said...I know from whence I speak...now I’m looking forward to who The Mean Green hire and will support him 100% as well 

Edited by smoothfresh
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

Lol. We're hopeful that we "compete" for a conference championship every 4 or 5 years. We're realistic. After 3 years of rebuilding, we hope for 8 wins most seasons and competing for conference championships every 4 or 5. We know we're not OU or TX.

Shoot for the recliner, land on the sofa kind of dreams. Nice. 

8 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don't understand why so many of you guys are pooing on Littrell.

Let's assume that N. Texas was in the same shape in 2011 when McCarney took over at Litrell in 2016

McCarney:
2011: 5-7
2012: 4-8
2013: 9-4
2014: 4-8
2015: 0-5 (fired)

Littrell:
2016: 5-8
2017: 9-5
2018: 9-3

It would seem that McCarney's one good season was more of an outlier, an aberration, than anything. Littrell's worst season, 2016, his 1st year, was better than McCarney's 2nd best season, in 2011.

When considering Littrell, it really goes beyond his coaching record at North Texas.

It's important to also note how good he was as an OC, that gave him the opportunity to be the head man at N. Texas.

Under his watch as OC, he turned 3 mediocre p5 programs into top 30 offenses. He did it at Arizona, Indiana and North Carolina. It's very impressive what he was able to accomplish at 3 different geographic locations, 3 different conferences, and 3 different sets of players.

He looked at what was in the cupboard and made it work at ARIZONA, INDIANA, AND NORTH CAROLINA. 3 Basketball schools!

Also, add in the fact that his major connections are in Texas and Oklahoma, and he SCREAMS Big 12 kinda guy, it's a no brainer.

I've seen people say, "well, I want to see him do it longer" or something like that. Well boys, if you want more proof, he'd be knocking on the door at Ohio State or Oklahoma, and not KSU. As much as he has achieved, this is a no-brainer hire.

• Upvote 5

KSU is lucky to have a fan like you; in fact, you remind me of many of us.  Passion for our schools is our common ground you might say. 

• Upvote 4