Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

3 minutes ago, Vikingcat said:

Question, you guys start out on fire and go 6-1 and curb stomp teams like SMU and Arkansas, then struggle the last 5 games. Lose to ODU and have a couple close games to some bad teams. What happened at the end of the season?

We go up by three scores in the first. The opposing team adjusts late second quarter into half. Seth and company act like they've never been counter punched and forget how to adjust. We lose by 3.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RiseUNT said:

I would not hire a coach who lost a 28 point lead to ODU. 

That's just a cherry on top. There's still the whole cake to talk about in regards to his downfalls. I was not ever much of a fan of SL to begin with. I like how he was starting not to be so awkwardly robotic and the class he finally mounted together but will probably crumble now. His coaching was emotionless 99% of the time, he gave too much freewill to his assistants and was out coached more than he out coached while he was here. We just need to get someone in here to keep the train rolling in the same trajectory <---- Which I will give SL credit for, a positive trajectory. 

• Eye Roll 3

3 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

I would not hire a coach who lost a 28 point lead to ODU. 

But yet you want to keep that same coach?  got ya.    

Look the tea leaves point to Seth leaving.  Good for him, who here wouldn't want to move up their respective ladders and make more $$$. Seth took the job at UNT doing that exact thing, no we are faulting him for doing it again?

• Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

We are excited for Tashard Choice. We have 0 scholarship RBs on the roster for next year. So we're looking to add 2 juco/transfers and 2 high school backs. Choice looks like a guy who relates well to players, and will be able to recruit his ass off.

Already piecemealing our assistant coaches? I'm starting to hope that if all this is true, Seth flops.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's just a cherry on top. There's still the whole cake to talk about in regards to his downfalls. I was not ever much of a fan of SL to begin with. I like how he was starting not to be so awkwardly robotic and the class he finally mounted together but will probably crumble now. His coaching was emotionless 99% of the time, he gave too much freewill to his assistants and was out coached more than he out coached while he was here. We just need to get someone in here to keep the train rolling in the same trajectory <---- Which I will give SL credit for, a positive trajectory. 

I read the article Tech had about their search and he said Neal Brown is the better candidate. After a few minutes of searching I have come to the conclusion that Brown would be an upgrade.

Please let this all be put to bed tomorrow.   Seth is leaving and 90% of us know it.   When have you seen this much information leaked out and then things fall apart.   I am sure it has happened.  But, not in this day and age with all the social media.   All it takes is 1 person with inside information to blow it.   I have a feeling there are a lot of people that already know for sure (players, family, wren, friends, donors, etc).   You can't tell me that some of them have not let the cat out of the bag.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CelinaKSU said:

We're actually indifferent whether Mason Fine comes with Littrell or not. I actually prefer that he stays at UNT. I really like our sophomore QB, Skylar Thompson, and want him to develop in Littrell's system.

So, is there anything else you guys expect to take from us ?   Not trying to be a jerk.  But, that kind of ego is not going to make many friends here.

3 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

But yet you want to keep that same coach?  got ya.    

Look the tea leaves point to Seth leaving.  Good for him, who here wouldn't want to move up their respective ladders and make more $$$. Seth took the job at UNT doing that exact thing, no we are faulting him for doing it again?

I have never said I wanted to keep Seth. Give us the buyout and thanks.

1 minute ago, akriesman said:

So, is there anything else you guys expect to take from us ?   Not trying to be a jerk.  But, that kind of ego is not going to make many friends here.

Not sure. Who would be potential graduate transfers? We don't have much very depth and low on scholarship numbers. I think we're looking at 4 to 6 wins next season.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, CelinaKSU said:

We're actually indifferent whether Mason Fine comes with Littrell or not. I actually prefer that he stays at UNT. I really like our sophomore QB, Skylar Thompson, and want him to develop in Littrell's system.

He won't. If he has any ounce of success, he'll be on to a bigger school where he think he can win a NC. 

Put this thread to bed!

Breathe..........count to 10........say a cuss word or 2........ then let's move on....

"In Wren We Trust" has an athletic program he needs to build in a DFW Metro area of over 7,000,000 Texans, Texas HS Friday Night Heroes to recruit and a new HFC he needs to hire to haul em' in!  

Mean Green Nation is behind you all the way, WB!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2