Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Was just informed by as reliable a source as they come (aka not a media source, and not DRC 😆), but someone in direct relation with our HC (as much detail as I'll give) verified ... that Seth's deal was 100% finalized tonight with Kansas State. 

Now, for real we can say ... #InWrenWeTrust when it comes to our next Head Coach. 

• Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh my.  Ben Is the one who says something to really make me think...

Week 6 saw KSSt move to 2-4 after a loss to lowly Baylor.  Enough to set wheels in motion in the AD there.  After an inexplicable win VS OSU the following week, they proceed to get pounded by OU, then lose to even-lowlier-than-Baylor, TCU...

...hmm...

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh really?

I suppose it's conjecture either way, but yes, really.  Patterson had taken TCU to 2 BCS bowls before they ever got to the BXII, an opportunity that Seth would not have at a present-day C-USA school.  And how many coaching offers comparable to K-State did Patterson ever get prior to TCU's admittance to the BXII?  Who's to say that if K-State would have offered him after his 3rd season as HC at TCU he wouldn't have taken it?

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I suppose it's conjecture either way, but yes, really.  Patterson had taken TCU to 2 BCS bowls before they ever got to the BXII, an opportunity that Seth would not have at a present-day C-USA school.  And how many coaching offers comparable to K-State did Patterson ever get prior to TCU's admittance to the BXII?  Who's to say that if K-State would have offered him after his 3rd season as HC at TCU he wouldn't have taken it?

Not true. There is a G5 in it every year. For crying out loud, Western Michigan took a team to one 2 years ago vs Wisconsin. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Was just informed by as reliable a source as they come (aka not a media source, and not DRC 😆), but someone in direct relation with our HC (as much detail as I'll give) verified ... that Seth's deal was 100% finalized tonight with Kansas State. 

Now, for real we can say ... #InWrenWeTrust when it comes to our next Head Coach. 

I mean, not for real, for real, until it's pushed out as fact without the source being "source". 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not true. There is a G5 in it every year. For crying out loud, Western Michigan took a team to one 2 years ago vs Wisconsin. 

I'm talking about the time when making a BCS bowl was nearly the equivalent of making the playoff today.  And the Cotton Bowl was not a BCS bowl.

35 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

My thought is that this whole “coach search” is bull and they are just giving time so it doesn’t look like they found Snyder’s replacement before he actually retired.

These search committees don't actually go out and search for coaches anymore.  They are really used for 3 things

1. They are a FOIA shield.  Not applicable in this case since KState Athletics is a separate entity that isn't under FOIA requests.  
  2. It gives AD's cover if the hire goes bad.  Not applicable in this case since every single KSU fan knows this is the AD pushing out Snyder, no cover for him if this ends badly.
  3. It acts as an firewall between the parties to allow actual negotiations while giving both side deniability.  If the committee is doing all the talking, then the coach can say "no one from that school has reached out to me" and vice versa.

Serious negotiations started when that firm was hired. 

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I'm talking about the time when making a BCS bowl was nearly the equivalent of making the playoff today.  And the Cotton Bowl was not a BCS bowl.

Not really. It was just the same NY6 bowls out there today. They just call that grouping of bowls something different now. Like Boise beat Oklahoma in 2007 in the Fiesta. UCF is playing LSU in the Fiesta. Same diff. 

Just now, CelinaKSU said:

KSU guy here from down the street in Prosper/Celina. Why do you guys want to dump Harrell with us? Crappy play caller? Players don't like him? Can't develop talent? What's the deal?

Play calling.  I think players love him.  I will say that he's only called plays for the three years here so he definitely has room to grow.  

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not really. It was just the same NY6 bowls out there today. They just call that grouping of bowls something different now. Like Boise beat Oklahoma in 2007 in the Fiesta. UCF is playing LSU in the Fiesta. Same diff. 

Well, now that there are entirely different games in addition to those to comprise the playoff, they really are not the same.

But whatever, let's move on.  I'm just checking this board to find out if we still have the same coach.

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

So we already have the highest paid coach in CUSA? We will get a few extra Million to throw in for new coach? Will be picked to win CUSA west? Even if we lose some players a decent to great recruiting class? 

We will have some options to replace Seth.

La Tech probably will be picked to win the West. We could withstand a few players transferring and still have a pretty good shot next year, with UAB losing a lot and the other four CUSA West teams being pretty meh.