Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

4 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

I’d like to clear up K-State’s financial picture real quick. We have seperated our Athletic Department from the University. They are one of less than a handful of schools that don’t receive money from the University, infact give money to the University, and the employees of KSA are not State employees. 

We have been ending the year with a $5-19 million overage since 2012. 

In the latest available 990 (2016) we have $78millon in our reserves which were built up knowing we would have to come large when Snyder retired. NONE OF THIS IS DONOR MONEY. It is all from our football tier 1,2&3 rights. 

So if you think we can’t afford Littrell, I’m sorry to disappoint. We have positioned ourselves to be able to swing for the fences for a new coach...twice. We saw what happened down the road at KU and we’re not going to let that happen here. 

With Kingsbury getting $3m from USC as an OC , Seth should be worth $20m over five years! I am sure Sexton the agent know how much he can get. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

I’d like to clear up K-State’s financial picture real quick. We have seperated our Athletic Department from the University. They are one of less than a handful of schools that don’t receive money from the University, infact give money to the University, and the employees of KSA are not State employees. 

In the latest available 990 (2016) we have $78millon in our reserves which were built up knowing we would have to come large when Snyder retired. NONE OF THIS IS DONOR MONEY. It is all from our football tier 1,2&3 rights. 

So if you think we can’t afford Littrell, I’m sorry to disappoint. We have positioned ourselves to be able to swing for the fences for a new coach...twice. We saw what happened down the road at KU and we’re not going to let that happen here. 

...and back to the discussion on this system being a joke....

• Upvote 5

It almost seems like if there are discussions.....KState is coming with some baggage....

Like Littrell is going to have to take the job with some addendums.

"OK Seth we like you...but we want you to take this job and keep this guy...and that guy...and let us tell you how we operate here in Manhattan...we like this guy...and we're gonna need you to this, this and this....because this is what it's all about if you wanna coach here. We've only known ONE way to run a program here...and we're gonna need you to adhere to that. But we will pay you $3 million per year. Sign here __________"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that the players haven't been told anything yet.  Recently confirmed...

LOL.

I wonder who that could be...  

You looking for an internet sports reporter job?  We don't pay, but we also don't give you any swag.  

16 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

You guys made out well riding the coat tails of Kansas, Oklahoma, and for a long time Nebraska.  

• Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

You guys made out well riding the coat tails of Kansas, Oklahoma, and for a long time Nebraska.  

THANK YOU !

I was rushing home to point out this very fact.    Kansas State was a one time joke of a football program.    The ONLY difference between NT and K State is the fact that they are currently in a conference with Texas and OU.    If we swap places with K State, everything changes.

So, before you guys get all high and mighty, you might want to send Christmas cards to Texas and OU.  You owe your football budget to them.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, akriesman said:

THANK YOU !

I was rushing home to point out this very fact.    Kansas State was a one time joke of a football program.    The ONLY difference between NT and K State is the fact that they are currently in a conference with Texas and OU.    If we swap places with K State, everything changes.

Rushed so fast you posted it twice. Rushed so fast you posted it twice. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Lol. Too much time on my hands at work today. First NT related account I saw that mentioned it.

not blaming you at all, but I am blaming literally every one of the KSU fans who believe this kid is credible on the same level as a national sports writer.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Why Not Seth? said:

0BB1B161-EAA4-40AC-85FA-7ACC0EC69FA1.jpeg

EBFF2D58-A2ED-4B3E-B57A-307A29A47BA7.jpeg

D3B3769A-580E-4DD3-BD42-D8B30AE6A37C.jpeg

No offense (because we were told to be nice to y'all), but read previous posts for context. SL was all about "family" at UNT and is now leaving. He'll leave K-State for a bigger job if he's successful too. He's going to need more than "family" to make him successful at K-State.

As for your pictures, Bill Snyder can sell family at K-State when he spent nearly 30 years there. 

• Upvote 3

For you K State fans that are still lurking.   We may be a G5 school when it comes to football.   But, here at GMG we try to be in a class by ourselves when it comes to sarcasm.    So, don't take us too seriously (or do, if that's your kind of thing).      

Proceed....