Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

I always kinda hoped that Seth would do like Johnny Jones did, bring the program up and make it home until his dream job opened. I should’ve known better based on Seth’s job-hopping history. I’m sure Grant will be headed somewhere soon too. 

I was sorta hoping for a 5 year minimum or at least winning conference and bowl games like he said in the whole accomplish the mission stuff. If he leaves this team for P5 prestige/opportunity, then his selfless line rings hollow with me.

Maybe the next guy will be great for a few years and give Carthel the chance go broaden his resume before coming here to where he says he wants to be.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, CatFan said:

K-State fan here, been lurking for a while and thought I'd provide some clarity on our QB situation so that you can figure out if Fine is going to transfer here (I doubt it, but my only knowledge of him comes from this board.) I come in peace.

We had two starting quarterbacks basically all season. Junior Alex Delton (a former three-star dual threat QB from Kansas) and Sophomore Skylar Thompson (a former four-star [?] pocket passer QB from Missouri). Delton fit the mold that Snyder likes out of a quarterback, but really can't throw the ball very hard or accurately. Thompson was a great passer, but was more limited on his feet (not that he couldn't run, because he was a pretty good runner.) Delton was clearly Snyder's favorite, not because he was a better quarterback, but because Snyder didn't like Thompson's dad. Delton announced he would grad transfer away (probably following our ex-OC to UTEP,) Thompson is the QB that followed Seth (and Graham Harrell) on Twitter not that long ago.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Thompson's high school offense was apparently a lot closer to what y'all have been running than what Snyder ran the last few years. 

Why didn't Snyder like Thompson's dad?  

And don't you really think Sean Snyder would be the best candidate for the K-State job? Cause I do. lol

Just now, greensleeves said:

Why didn't Snyder like Thompson's dad?  

And don't you really think Sean Snyder would be the best candidate for the K-State job? Cause I do. lol

I'm not sure on the specifics on the Snyder-Thompson issues, it's a popular rumor. He also might have been benched despite being clearly the better quarterback because he has a different skill set than Michael Bishop had in the 90's and Snyder has been trying to get another Bishop ever since then.

LOL, but for real: A lot of people outside the program (KC media, mostly) think that. Rumor is, Bill turned over a lot of control to Sean over the last few years and that is why we have been steadily declining since the 2012 season. We had some riots in Aggieville (the main bar district in Manhattan) in the 80's that would look like a post-church peace rally compared to what would happen if Sean Snyder got hired to replace his father. 

I wish you all the best regardless of whether Seth comes to K-State or not. I've always had a soft spot for UNT (I even have a dynasty with them on NCAA 14.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

In the coming days, we're going to read articles about "Littrell moving up the food chain in college football" and how we're better off having a coach poached after success vs. fired after failures.  We will also read about how rarely coaches have succeeded at North Texas and been hired away for "greener pastures" and how Littrell's success at NT has elevated the perception of the program.  

There's truth in all of the above.  However, we do have to ask ourselves about the immediate future of the program.  If our recruiting class gets raided, then there is the very real possibility that Littrell will leave here without a single highly regarded recruiting class, no ranking, no wins over ranked teams, and no bowl wins.  Now, I'm not blaming him for leaving.  It's an amazing opportunity and likely will pay well over $3 million per year.  I'm also not trying to diminish our success the past 3 years, which has been quite fun, and consecutive 9-win seasons is nothing to sneeze at.  My point, though, is there is a very real scenario in which we are left rebuilding with the proverbial "bare cupboard" under a new coach--even after our recent success.  That becomes especially likely if Littrell goes full mercenary and takes our top recruits and certain grad-transfer-eligible star players with him.  And, why wouldn't he?  KSU isn't going to pay him $3+ million to play nice.  So, in the end, it's possible that it will be to the credit of Wren Baker's legacy rather Littrell's if we are to avoid the #olddenton wilderness and rebound within a few years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

If this is truly a "Done Deal" like some of you would like to think, then I wish he would just make it public now so we can move on and find a coach and try to salvage this recruiting class the best we can. Seth has done a great job here and has really built up an awesome program but this being delayed past the bowl game and dropping several days before early signing period is not do us any favors.

This.  Announce it asap so everyone can move on.  If I'm Baker I insist KSU announce it tomorrow.  

• Upvote 1

so whose resumes is Baker holding right now and has he started returning calls.  I really think he thought we had a shot at keeping SL.  We need to move into the next phase now. Do we move quickly so the new HC can try and salvage the recruits and the team or do we wait and interview and evaluated until next year and then hire?  I can see it both ways

Edited by southsideguy

Just now, southsideguy said:

so whose resumes is Baker holding right now and has he started returning calls.  I really think he thought we had a shot at keeping SL.  We need to move into the next phase now.

1. Neal Brown

2. Neal Brown

3. Neal Brown

4. Neal Brown

5. Neal Brown

7aD3.gif

6. Billy Napier(only cuz I like him)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, tmjerm said:

You guys feel like you did in high school and you kept staring at the phone waiting for your girl to call and break it off cause you knew you’d been acting a fool too much? I keep refreshing Twitter every 5 mins 🙇🏻‍♂️

Come on Tyler, You know how the ladies adore me! That never happened

If you ever got wind of that, you called em first and broke up with them, HAHA

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No, and there's no reason to be a little bitch.  If he's leaving, then leave. It serves no purpose to the longevity of the program to keep a lame duck coach around to coach a bowl game. Cut ties, name an interim who you are considering for the head coach position, and see what he can do. This has nothing to do with feelings being hurt. 

aaaaaayyyyyOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 2