Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Also, KSU's running QB announced he was transferring today.

Maybe writing on the wall with an air raid coach coming in?

Maybe. But I saw SL/GH run Mason quite a bit in a lot of different scenarios like with no knee brace on, 1 knee brace on, 2 knee braces on, no stitches, 7 stitches, not concussed, concussed, 180 pound lb power play, 4th and 1, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I really think you are right he will finish here.  He is a team player and person of his word from what I have seen.  He could pad those stats and most likely he will never be caught.  I think he finishes here if he wants to coach he will go to KSU as grad assistant after next year.  Mason is a big part of why SL was successful here.

• Thanks 1

From the K-State beat writer in Wichita @KellisRobinett  

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222554715.html

- Taylor is the AD at K State...

"Most expect Taylor to move quickly with this hire. Though Snyder only announced his retirement on Sunday, Taylor has been preparing for a coaching search since the moment he was hired.

Much could be decided early this week while Taylor is in New York for college football’s annual Hall of Fame festivities. Head coaches from across the nation converge on the Big Apple for the event every December. It’s an ideal location for an athletic director on the hunt for a new coach.

Taylor is expected to meet with candidates while there. At minimum, a source said, he plans to discuss the job with Littrell before he returns to North Texas and begins preparing the Mean Green for its next game against Utah State in the New Mexico Bowl."

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If seth decides to leave, especially for kstate, then go, no coaching the bowl game. 

Awww, are your feelings hurt?  If him staying and coaching for the bowl gets us a win and if the players want him to stay to coach, then that's what I want for the team.  The win is more important than the coach.  UCF is doing just fine without Scott Frost.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Awww, are your feelings hurt?  If him staying and coaching for the bowl gets us a win and if the players want him to stay to coach, then that's what I want for the team.  The win is more important than the coach.  UCF is doing just fine without Scott Frost.

Not hurt feelings. If he's taking another position he'll no longer have the long term vested interest of the University of North Texas in mind. Keep him away from all our players, coaches, and staff.

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

No, and there's no reason to be a little bitch.  If he's leaving, then leave. It serves no purpose to the longevity of the program to keep a lame duck coach around to coach a bowl game. Cut ties, name an interim who you are considering for the head coach position, and see what he can do. This has nothing to do with feelings being hurt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 5

37 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Also, KSU's running QB announced he was transferring today.

Maybe writing on the wall with an air raid coach coming in?

K-State fan here, been lurking for a while and thought I'd provide some clarity on our QB situation so that you can figure out if Fine is going to transfer here (I doubt it, but my only knowledge of him comes from this board.) I come in peace.

We had two starting quarterbacks basically all season. Junior Alex Delton (a former three-star dual threat QB from Kansas) and Sophomore Skylar Thompson (a former four-star [?] pocket passer QB from Missouri). Delton fit the mold that Snyder likes out of a quarterback, but really can't throw the ball very hard or accurately. Thompson was a great passer, but was more limited on his feet (not that he couldn't run, because he was a pretty good runner.) Delton was clearly Snyder's favorite, not because he was a better quarterback, but because Snyder didn't like Thompson's dad. Delton announced he would grad transfer away (probably following our ex-OC to UTEP,) Thompson is the QB that followed Seth (and Graham Harrell) on Twitter not that long ago.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Thompson's high school offense was apparently a lot closer to what y'all have been running than what Snyder ran the last few years. 

Edited by CatFan
Clarity and misspelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Not hurt feelings. If he's taking another position he'll no longer have the long term vested interest of the University of North Texas in mind. Keep him away from all our players, coaches, and staff.

Fair point.

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

No, and there's no reason to be a little bitch.  If he's leaving, then leave. It serves no purpose to the longevity of the program to keep a lame duck coach around to coach a bowl game. Cut ties, name an interim who you are considering for the head coach position, and see what he can do. This has nothing to do with feelings being hurt. 

I didn't realize how dickish that was until I reread it.  And I see your point, I just want to win this bowl game.

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

December signing day is 4 days after the bowl.  If SL is going to take the KSU job I want him to figure out which staff he is taking and get to his next job.   I want our remaining staff here doing everything they can do to salvage this #1 recruiting class. 

Good point.  That should probably be more of a priority.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

I think "Mean Green Family" still means something to him.   
These are his guys.  He loves them.  I bet he'd love to coach them if he can.   If the players are where you're at, then I bet he'd respect their decision to move on without him.

• Upvote 2

Anyone who has been paying attention knows this is a done deal--and probably has been for far longer than some might imagine.  Our only hope is that we also have an unofficial "done deal" with a coach who can help protect us from our old coach taking a few parting gifts on the way out the door.  

If Littrell has a huge head start on persuading our recruits/current stars to head to Kansas State, while we have no one to counter that message, then we could be absolutely devastated and rebuilding for the next two years.  An interim coach cannot do that job because the players know that person likely won't be retained by the next staff anyway.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I didn't realize how dickish that was until I reread it.  And I see your point, I just want to win this bowl game.

No worries. I just have strong opinions and experience on going to someplace that's invested in you, then just leaving. However, it's not something I can personally go into right now. 

2 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Do coaches get to have a legacy after only being somewhere for 3 years?

I suppose you could gauge that by finding out what Cincinnati fans think of Brian Kelly, what Utah fans think of Urban Meyer, etc...
If he's indeed gone, I would hope we look back on him like Boise St. looks back on Dirk Koetter... the guy who started us on an amazing journey into national prominence, and appreciate him for what he did.

But he ain't gone yet!

• Upvote 1

If this is truly a "Done Deal" like some of you would like to think, then I wish he would just make it public now so we can move on and find a coach and try to salvage this recruiting class the best we can. Seth has done a great job here and has really built up an awesome program but this being delayed past the bowl game and dropping several days before early signing period is not do us any favors.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Withers940 said:

If this is truly a "Done Deal" like some of you would like to think, then I wish he would just make it public now so we can move on and find a coach and try to salvage this recruiting class the best we can. Seth has done a great job here and has really built up an awesome program but this being delayed past the bowl game and dropping several days before early signing period is not do us any favors.

This being dragged on to "respect Snyder" could have brutal consequences on our recruiting. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1