Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

21 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The original plans had the Embassy Suites where the hypothetical basketball arena is now. When the economy collapsed in 08, John Q Hammonds pulled out of the project.  

And the city refused to invest in the deal, don't forget that part.

I come in peace! Getting a little heated between some of our fans in each fanbase. I have nothing against North Texas or Denton and Manhattan and Kansas isn't as bad as some have made out here. Whatever happens I'm gonna cheer for North Texas going forward and I hope there will be no ill will towards Kansas State from your fanbase.

I believe Hayden Fry hired Bill Snyder as OC at North Texas and his first win at Kansas State was against North Texas. Also former North Texas coach Darrell Dickey was a K-State alum. So there are ties between the schools football programs. Its nothing personal and I hope you can appreciate the fact, that if some of our fanbase are annoying it isn't a true representation of us as a whole.

Good luck and lets keep it classy Denton and Manhattan.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, Cr1028 said:

Can you really call it a “source” if the only thing they say is “yeah I haven’t talked to him but I don’t think he could turn down this kinda maybe possible job offer”?

Seems more of an opinion than a source of fact. My opinion is that K State is a bottom dweller Big12 school and he’s better off waiting for a better opportunity. Do I count as a source?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Same dude posted Texas Tech was going to make a run at Bob Stoops, Littrell was going to Colorado and Hue Jackson was going to end up at Central Michigan.  He's flinging poo like the rest of them just hoping something sticks.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Same dude posted Texas Tech was going to make a run at Bob Stoops, Littrell was going to Colorado and Hje Jackson was going to end up at Central Michigan.  He's flinging poo like the rest of them just hoping something sticks.

Yeahhh.. dude has less followers than I have. That should say plenty about this "report"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

And the city refused to invest in the deal, don't forget that part.

Man this script sounds sooooo familiar.

JQH pulled out of a project in Jonesboro after the market collapsed.

Mayor tells AState will support an on-campus convention center and hotel then one of the mayor's buddies comes up with a competing project that gets its paperwork in first and the city backs that project instead of the AState project using a developer AState had turned down. They get the groundbroken but AState doesn't back down.  The contractors on the city backed project start filing liens because they aren't getting paid. Deal finally shuts down and the city ended up putting money into the AState project.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I SHOULD KNOW BETTER BY NOW...🙄

I’m almost beginning to question the true meaning of  the  “this place could be a monster” comment; especially if SL vaults after only 3 seasons with 2 above .500.  (THERE! I SAID IT!)!  In my heart💚I know he’s done here & headed to a boring corn & wheat country. I suppose one man’s country corn flakes is another man’s caviar?

I probably won’t listen to coach talk  lagniappe from any more future coaches at UNT; of course, I have to remind myself that such things are said at all NCAA outposts.  (I most definitely chose the wrong profession as I know if pushed I can bullshit with the best)!😆

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

5 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’m almost beginning to question the true meaning of  Seth’s  “this place could be a monster” comment; especially if he vaults after only 3 seasons with 2 above .500.  THERE! I SAID IT!  In my heart💚I know he’s done here & headed to corn & wheat country.

If he leaves I probably won’t listen to such lagniappe from any more future coaches at UNT; of course, I have to remind myself that such things are said at all NCAA outposts.  (I most definitely chose the wrong profession)!😆

GMG!

Not to be that guy, but, duh. 

I've said countless times on this forum...We are Mean Green alumni. WE bleed green. These coaches...they are not and they do not. It's just jibber jabber to get the fan base riled up and and hopeful recruits interested. During a lot of coaching changes though kids come out and say things like "I committed to the university, not the coach", and will hold their commitment. That's even if this is a thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not to be that guy, but, duh. 

I've said countless times on this forum...We are Mean Green alumni. WE bleed green. These coaches...they are not and they do not. It's just jibber jabber to get the fan base riled up and and hopeful recruits interested. During a lot of coaching changes though kids come out and say things like "I committed to the university, not the coach", and will hold their commitment. That's even if this is a thing. 

I would love to have an alum coach. I just can’t think of anyone quite to that level currently. 

41 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I would love to have an alum coach. I just can’t think of anyone quite to that level currently. 

Mason Y Barbo will be name to watch in the next ten years. He is climbing the coaching ranks as we speak. #BringTheBadgerBack

https://neoathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=98

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

During a lot of coaching changes though kids come out and say things like "I committed to the university, not the coach", and will hold their commitment. 

Then I guess that theory would make all us Greenbloods happy “looking forward at the end of the day, uh, asses! 🌚(I know, uh....DARK).

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

How much humor is in this, compared to - say - a coach that might actual respect and want to know their predesecor?

every coach that followed Don Haskins in El Paso called him daily for basketball knowledge.  Hell, we've got Jalie coaching the very program she played in under Slinker, who is still here in an administrative role, right?

I get that, and it could be a beneficial relationship to any new coach.  But should also give you pause. And I'm not sure if the two examples you gave were pushing for their protegee to get  the job in the first place. I don't know enough about Bill Snyder's personality to be confident how this situation would turn out.