Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

Money talks and bullshit walks. Coaching careers are never guaranteed. You strike while the iron is hot and I fully expect a smart guy like Seth to do so.  He’s making 1.2million now and if Kstate offers him $2million or more per year he’d be crazy not to take it. 

We could regress and win six next year and then no one calls him up. 

• Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We could regress and win six next year and then no one calls him up. 

Exactly what Chad Morris did. He jumped at the Arkansas job before SMU regressed this year. I think SL may be thinking the same thing. Get out while you can. I hope that we do not regress, but we are losing a lot on defense and I am not sure anyone backing up the current crop of seniors on the defensive side of the ball will play at the same or better level than what the seniors are this year. Maybe he sees that and will get out while he can. I hope not, but I cannot help but think that may be in his mind.

• Lovely Take 1

Ok, let's make this discussion a bit more interesting. IF Coach Litterall goes to KS after they "show him the money", what about the other guy who recently declared his devotion to good'ol NT.......Mason Fine. Does Mr. Fine spend the remainder of his career @ KS with the only college coach that he has ever known?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

UMOR: LITTRELL, OTHERS ATOP K-STATE'S HOT BOARD (12/2: 2:25 P.M. CT)

247Sports Take: The 247Sports Kansas State site, GoPowercat.com, has released a VIP hot board of initial names the Wildcats will target in their search to replace the legendary Bill Snyder.

North Texas' Seth Littrell has been floated for a week by 247Sports as a primary name to watch. 

Other interesting inclusions are Troy's Neal Brown, North Dakota's Chris Klieman and Houston's Major Applewhite. 

Since Bill Snyder has retired as the head coach of the Kansas State football team, curiosity continues to build as to who will be his successor. 

Many rumors are out there, but here are four of the top potential candidates to be the new face of K-State football.

1. Seth Littrell, North Texas head coach

Littrell has turned around the Mean Green football team. Before he was hired as head coach, the team had a record of 1-11. In his first season, they went 5-8 then 9-5, losing a bowl game both seasons. North Texas is currently 9-3 this season, including a 44-17 defeat of Arkansas. Littrell played college ball at Oklahoma and has had coaching experience at Texas Tech under Mike Leach, as well as North Carolina.

https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2018/12/03/who-will-replace-bill-snyder-as-k-state-footballs-head-coach/ via @kstatecollegian

Yes, whether SL stays or goes, this is still a very inspiring article for Mean Green faithful who might be developing an ulcer over all the events of recent days.  

Below article pretty well says to me what most on this forum already  know & that is:  North Texas is hardly chopped liver & their athletic future is extremely bright with all the facilities they have; or the one being built and others that will be built.

https://swcroundup.com/news/2018/11/29/in-wren-we-trust

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 2

Whoever the UNT HFC is for the 2019 Mean Green football campaign  (and we hope it is Seth Littrell), but  whoever it is this is what he's going to be "stuck with" 🎅  in Mean Green Country as to recruit toward!  

There are some P5's cannot match this as far as acres & acres filled with newer venues as most of them have to patchwork into existing facilities &......don't have the significant extra acres North Texas has to continue expanding its Mean Green Village.

SO.........AIN'T THIS  IMAGE ONE BONAFIDE PIECE OF ATHLETIC VENUE'S ART !?!

GMG!

PS: The below Mean Green Village needs a 10 story Mariott hotel in its future.

masterplan.jpg.f1550a5e83c6c320b76160c0d073eec7.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Everything I've read is that Venables declined to interview.

They've already had one coach follow Snyder after his "1'st Retirement" who Snyder....succeeded.😦

Venables probably knows Bill Snyder will always be a presence in that program as long as Bill Snyder is alive.  He also knows Bill Snyder deep down wants his son to keep the family Royals in place & get that job (albeit that sounds like its not on the table at this time).  

Whoever gets this job will be under the  high powered microscope of Bill Snyder.  

(Check out the name of KSU's stadium).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Everything I've read is that Venables declined to interview.

Venables should just state he wants to stay an assistant coach under Dabo for the rest of his life.  It gets tiring to see his name pop up on every job opening only to have him reaffirm he is staying put.