Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno if it’s been mentioned already, but if KSSt goes with Kleiman over Littrell, I think we can pin the ODU loss as a gargantuan blessing in disguise.  Because without that eyesore of a loss, Littrell looks so much more appealing.

Oh for sure, we'd be 10-2 with at least somewhat respectable losses. To me personally I will never be able to live down that thrashing in El Paso in 2016. We were 5-6 playing a 3-8 team and got absolutely muffin top punched with bowl eligibility on the line. Also If I'm a Kstate fan, those blowout losses in 2017 would be concerning as well. As would all the close games vs not very good teams since he has been here; Rice, UTEP, UTSA this year come to mind. That record combined is like 4-32 and we beat those 3 schools by a margin of 92-62 with that being a very deceptive overall margin of victory given the 14/21 garbage points we dropped on Rice with under 5 min to play.  I would be skeptical if I'm looking at SL as an AD. I sure would like to get him outta here if he's planning on leaving this year or next  to try and snag Neal Brown from Troy. I think we could money whip him a little to get him in here. Along with a big buyout attached to his contract because you know schools are eyeing in on him ready to pull the trigger when their current deadbeat coach shits the bed in 2019. It'd be a buyout sweepstakes with Littrell/Brown coming in and leaving. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Oh for sure, we'd be 10-2 with at least somewhat respectable losses. To me personally I will never be able to live down that thrashing in El Paso in 2016. We were 5-6 playing a 3-8 team and got absolutely muffin top punched with bowl eligibility on the line. Also If I'm a Kstate fan, those blowout losses in 2017 would be concerning as well. As would all the close games vs not very good teams since he has been here; Rice, UTEP, UTSA this year come to mind. That record combined is like 4-32 and we beat those 3 schools by a margin of 92-62 with that being a very deceptive overall margin of victory given the 14/21 garbage points we dropped on Rice with under 5 min to play.  I would be skeptical if I'm looking at SL as an AD. I sure would like to get him outta here if he's planning on leaving this year or next  to try and snag Neal Brown from Troy. I think we could money whip him a little to get him in here. Along with a big buyout attached to his contract because you know schools are eyeing in on him ready to pull the trigger when their current deadbeat coach shits the bed in 2019. It'd be a buyout sweepstakes with Littrell/Brown coming in and leaving. 

Absolutely.

Matt Wells hired away, Seth Littrell & Scott Satterfield (hypothetically) hired away from their schools...   writing on the wall for Brown: ‘Doesn’t matter what you accomplish at Troy, you’re not going anywhere.’

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Absolutely.

Matt Wells hired away, Seth Littrell & Scott Satterfield (hypothetically) hired away from their schools...   writing on the wall for Brown: ‘Doesn’t matter what you accomplish at Troy, you’re not going anywhere.’

Yup. Drop 1.5 on his head and pull him away. Attach a 2 or 3 mil buyout clause to his contract and some dumb meddling P5 school will cough it up and we'll happily stuff our coffers. I think it'd be a perfect time for SL to leave to we can get this guy in here. Because Seth is leaving this year or next, that we know is for certain IMO. He's playing with fire if he doesn't leave after next year because he may be a .500 coach or worse while we work in a new QB/almost entire offense during an offensive rebuild. He may be actually be our Gary Patterson by default because he'll be rebuilding again to get us up to the potential 10 win team we are now. I think this exact scenario is what is happening with Holtz at Tech. He builds them up and gets them looking legitimate at 10 or 11 wins, then graduates his studs while maintaining some competitiveness while trying to build them back up. He's doing well at LaTech, but not well enough consistently for a P5 to swoop in on him. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yup. Drop 1.5 on his head and pull him away. Attach a 2 or 3 mil buyout clause to his contract and some dumb meddling P5 school will cough it up and we'll happily stuff our coffers. I think it'd be a perfect time for SL to leave to we can get this guy in here. Because Seth is leaving this year or next, that we know is for certain IMO. He's playing with fire if he doesn't leave after next year because he may be a .500 coach or worse while we work in a new QB/almost entire offense during an offensive rebuild. He may be actually be our Gary Patterson by default because he'll be rebuilding again to get us up to the potential 10 win team we are now. I think this exact scenario is what is happening with Holtz at Tech. He builds them up and gets them looking legitimate at 10 or 11 wins, then graduates his studs while maintaining some competitiveness while trying to build them back up. He's doing well at LaTech, but not well enough consistently for a P5 to swoop in on him. 

Hey if Littrell stays....I'm fine. Looking forward to next year with the offensive fire power coming back.

But:

If you were guaranteed Neal Brown if Littrell leaves for KState, would you be ok with him leaving?

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Because there is no deal in place?

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Seth Littrell is the next HC of Kansas State?

Where is this coming from?

Snyder just retired 3 hours ago.

Who from the inside has said anything about Littrell getting the job?

He's not even the most qualified of the "possible candidates!"

I love everything SL has done for our program.  But, taking a step back, the facts are no bowl game win, no conference championship and losing (some) key games.  Is that the criteria for a P5 candidate?  That said, I wish SL the very best in whatever decision is makes.  GMG!

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

Hey if Littrell stays....I'm fine. Looking forward to next year with the offensive fire power coming back.

But:

If you were guaranteed Neal Brown if Littrell leaves for KState, would you be ok with him leaving?

That's what I am saying. Neal Brown's aren't growing on trees, especially Neal Brown's of the kind we can double and almost triple his pay. He has to be feeling slighted right about now, and would have to look at this job at UNT as a stepping stone to a 3 or 4 mil a year meddling P5 that he will think he can turn into a power. It would be the most ideal situation. So, if it's a legitimate one I would like to see Kstate pluck SL so we can get a guy in her to for sure keep the train rolling. 

1 minute ago, Philip Ferguson said:

I love everything SL has done for our program.  But, taking a step back, the facts are no bowl game win, no conference championship and losing (some) key games.  Is that the criteria for a P5 candidate?  That said, I wish SL the very best in whatever decision is makes.  GMG!

I agree...

I don't see it from Littrell's point of view as much as from KState's.

Why would they take him over the other candidates?

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's what I am saying. Neal Brown's aren't growing on trees, especially Neal Brown's of the kind we can double and almost triple his pay. He has to be feeling slighted right about now, and would have to look at this job at UNT as a stepping stone to a 3 or 4 mil a year meddling P5 that he will think he can turn into a power. It would be the most ideal situation. So, if it's a legitimate one I would like to see Kstate pluck SL so we can get a guy in her to for sure keep the train rolling. 

yep

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Agreed and I would do the same for Billy Napier at ULL.

SL quote:

" We are excited to be playing in the New Mexico Bowl against a very good opponent in Utah State," Littrell said. "Albuquerque is an easy travel destination for our fans and alumni and I know this team is excited to play in front of a national audience on ESPN in the very first bowl game of the season. It will be a tremendous challenge but we are excited to get to work."

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 3

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I agree...

I don't see it from Littrell's point of view as much as from KState's.

Why would they take him over the other candidates?

Being a pro SL AD I would look at NDSU as a place that recruits and sells itself, much like a Boise. The coach matters, but does it? They are going to get the best fringe FBS/FCS players on the coming out of high school because of their history of winning and their NFL success turning fringe players into NFL players. I would look at Littrell as walking into a dumpster fire and instilling his philosophies and a getting them to a respectable platform while finally turning around the recruiting fortunes at UNT. Klieman is a defensive guy whereas Littrell is an offensive guy. Big12 is a win or lose league by points, a big reason why Kstate hasn't been able to keep up. SL is younger and with that probably has more energy and fire, presumably. It comes down to what you're looking for. A case can be made for both. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

So how do you explain the hiring of his new Agent?

Any decent coach worth his salt is gonna have an agent at the end of the day. Whether he stays or goes will be a decision he will make. How many millions a year does a person need to support his family? If he truly wants to be here he will stay.  Every time he has  spoken of his time here he has seemed more than content. He seems to genuinely love the administration and relationships he has made. He also seems to enjoy being close to home.  Some things are bigger than the dollar. We will see what is important to him. I personally wanna see the guy succeed here. Stick around Seth,  we got something special brewing here.

GMG

Edited by djohnnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry. I guess I have a completely different perspective on this. If K-State offers him $3 million/year, good on him for taking it. Just proves that North Texas has come a long way. If we have confidence in this administration, which I think we all do, then we should be comfortable with their ability to continue to find coaching talent. 

Let's not act like SL is going to turn down a 2x pay raise and a chance to coach in the Big 12 all in the name of not upsetting fans with what he promised from a press conference. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

Any decent coach worth his salt is gonna have an agent at the end of the day. Whether he stays or goes will be a decision he will make. How many millions a year does a person need to support his family? If he truly wants to be here he will stay.  Every time he has  spoken of his time here he has seemed more than content. He seems to genuinely love the administration and relationships he has made. He also seems to enjoy being close to home.  Some things are bigger than the dollar. We will see what is important to him. I personally wanna see the guy succeed here. Stick around Seth,  we got something special brewing here.

GMG

Money talks and bullshit walks. Coaching careers are never guaranteed. You strike while the iron is hot and I fully expect a smart guy like Seth to do so.  He’s making 1.2million now and if Kstate offers him $2million or more per year he’d be crazy not to take it. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

SL quote:

" We are excited to be playing in the New Mexico Bowl against a very good opponent in Utah State," Littrell said. "Albuquerque is an easy travel destination for our fans and alumni and I know this team is excited to play in front of a national audience on ESPN in the very first bowl game of the season. It will be a tremendous challenge but we are excited to get to work."

Ours is the second, not first. The Cure Bowl starts thirty minutes earlier.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Texas Stranger said:

SL quote:

d1687565864e521eb5d571fb3de526f3.jpg

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Money talks and bullshit walks. Coaching careers are never guaranteed. You strike while the iron is hot and I fully expect a smart guy like Seth to do so.  He’s making 1.2million now and if Kstate offers him $2million or more per year he’d be crazy not to take it. 

I don't know about that.  No one but Bill Synder has been successful at K-State.  And Bill got the ball rolling by raiding the JUCO ranks more than his P5 brethren did.  He would be foolish not to take that into account.  Now KSU is not a bad job by any stretch of the imagination.  But it is a middle tier program that will be looking to move on from you as a head coach if you don't get to a Big 12 championship game in 4 years.   And no matter how great you are in the Big 12 until you get to the playoff you will be at a disadvantage recruiting against conference foes Texas and OU.  So looking at that next level of recruits you are just on equal footing with Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State.  The only programs you have a distinct recruiting advantage over are Iowa State and Kansas.  I prefer to see him go to program with a little more clout and history of success.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1