Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Are you following me?

No interest in Indy. We've talked about that enough hopefully. 

If you're taking about legal action I can at least entertain that idea. But understand that a "win" there carries the risk of everyone losing amateur status protection and g5 schools simply being unable to afford football.  But that might be a risk/reward taking about, Indy is not.

Just now, Cerebus said:

No interest in Indy. We've talked about that enough hopefully. 

If you're taking about legal action I can at least entertain that idea. But understand that a "win" there carries the risk of everyone losing amateur status protection and g5 schools simply being unable to afford football.  But that might be a risk/reward taking about, Indy is not.

That's definitely a risk worth taking. Most G5's can hardly afford it as it is, and will certainly in the near future not be able to in the near future. If we can rip the amateur status out from under the P5 or at least 25 or 30 of them and make them go away and be what they are, semi pro's, then do it. The remaining 100 of us will maintain and that would setup grounds for huge realignment. 

Five names to watch in the K-State coaching search: North Texas coach Seth Littrell, Memphis coach Mike Norvell, Troy coach Neal Brown, Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman

The real question will be is what direction does the AD want this to go? Accept the limitations of KSU and stick with slow O and solid D or move to O heavy spread.

Also of note is that Norvell from Memphis would be the strongest of the O heavy hires, with SL and Brown after him.

• Lovely Take 2

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We already have a division where there is no money or pressure from the p5, the fcs. The leftover 100 as you call them might just become FCS - 1A.

Very unlikely. There would still be 45 or 50 former "P5" universities that would be upset and would make it a political point of that not happening. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

The real question will be is what direction does the AD want this to go? Accept the limitations of KSU and stick with slow O and solid D or move to O heavy spread.

Also of note is that Norvell from Memphis would be the strongest of the O heavy hires, with SL and Brown after him.

Interesting that in the championship game Memphis run a lot and I mean a lot of Wildcat with success!

• Lovely Take 1

57 minutes ago, djohnnie said:

He actually seems like he is a man of integrity through his faith . 

He may be... But we're talking a million or more in extra base pay + hundreds of thousands more for bowl/conference/Natty wins on top of base pay.

Jesus always says take the cash... More for tithing! 🤑

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

The fact that several coaches haven’t retweeted about the bowl game makes me think that Seth is gone. Don’t they typically send out in unison?

Agreed. Littrell would certainly be tweeting about the bowl, if he was planning on being there to coach it.

Harrell looks to be the interim. Hopefully, he can hold this recruiting class together through February.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untbowler said:

Please for the love all things holy. GH should not be the next HC even in an interim role. I lay the 3 losses firmly in his lap.

Mainord is the associate head coach and doesn't have coordinator responsibilities.  It would make the most since for him to be the interim HC

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

3 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Being reported that KSU has hired a search firm.  Why would they do that if a deal was already in place for Litrell?

Pure speculation, but this might just be something that's required by their university. Maybe it's in the contract for the AD so that they can "ensure" he considers all his options. Not sure... but I hope it's because Seth told them to bugger off. 

• Lovely Take 1

8 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Being reported that KSU has hired a search firm.  Why would they do that if a deal was already in place for Litrell?

Very encouraging. I really believe that SL is not yet gone, and doesn't have the KS job yet, even if he wants it.

I believe that Snyder negotiated the future of also his staff including his son, which is why the retirement anoncement took so long. That may well keep some coaches from wanting the gig. In any case, I don't think SLs agent -good as he is- has the contract ready for both sides to sign yet. They may well still get there, but its not a given.

We are reading a lot into everything right now, which is understandable given that we are fans following the program closely, but some of those reads can be off for overemphasizing in this phase. That is true even for the search firm thing.

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

A private search firm helps protect a public institution from FOIA requests.

19 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

“That” is most intriguing if true.  That seems to say SL is not their first choice or SL told them to take a hike!  ( Ain’t this fun)!😳

GMG!