Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

28 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Venables is out, Anderson won't be leaving AState at this time. I would assume it will be Klieman or Norvell 1,2, Littrell 3rd

I love Seth Littrell. Hope he stays here. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I still don't understand how he could be hired in front of Neal Brown. Let's lay it out.

Coach A

Age 38

# of Seasons – 4

Record – 34-16

Conference Record -23-9

Record 3 seasons prior to taking over – 14-22 (no bowls)

Bowl record – 2-0

Conference championships – 1

Division championships – 2

Conference coach of year awards – 1

Road Record – 15-10 overall, 13-6 vs Group of 5

Power 5 wins: Nebraska (2018), LSU (2017)

Current Salary: $810,000

Buyout: $300,000

Coach B

Age 40

# of Seasons – 3

Record – 23-16

Conference Record -15-9

Record 3 seasons prior to taking over – 14-23 (1 bowl)

Bowl record – 0-2

Conference championships – 0

Division championships – 1

Conference coach of year awards – 0

Road Record – 9-10, 8-8 vs Group of 5

Power 5 wins: Arkansas  (2018),

Current Salary: $1.4 million

Buyout: $1.7 million

• Thanks 2

Is Neal Brown a good recruiter? If so I imagine he has to be one of the top targets unless we don’t want to pay the buyout or there is some other reason he keeps getting leap frogged for P5 jobs. 

Edit: ideally none of this K-State stuff is true. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

But, but, but, 20 years ago KSU almost played for a national championship! 

Try 6.  It’s a good job.

people want to poopoo on it I think because they’re scared.

No reason to be scared.  If he takes the job, wish him well & backfill with a quality coach who wants to do the same thing.

Then you build yourself into Boise St.  And that’s not a bad thing.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Totally hypothetical plot twist: UNT donors step up and match/beat KSU’s offer.

does that mean Litrell stays?

We can't just set aside the fact that obviously SL has been considering going to K-State.  Do we want him to stay at this point - emotionally?  We need someone who is 100% committed to our season next year.  I'm not saying SL won't be 100% if he stays, but we will probably have to go through all of this again next year - all while he may have 1 foot out the door.  If he is going to stay, which I doubt he is, we would have heard something by now in my opinion. 

Edited by Jessica M Hall
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

He actually seems like he is a man of integrity through his faith . I believe he took this job as something of a mission to build something from the ground up. Some coaches are builders and are intrigued by the challenge.  We will see how important finishing what he starts is. There are many reasons he took this job. There is locale to family, opportunity to be a head coach, administration et others. I will be interested to see how it unfolds.  I think there will be many things that can pull and keep him here as well. It's a peach of a job. If he leaves, we will trust the AD will make a wise hire and move it forward. That's why programs like Boise State keep the train rolling. I would like to see him here, though. He is a quality individual.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

It’s a good gig. More money, more prestige, and a real shot at the National Championship. Snyder has left a good legacy there, Spanky won’t have to build it from the ground up. I wish him well. I just hope he takes GH with him. Don’t want him to even sniff a shot at the HC spot here.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Say what you want about K-state but the big 12 has a fake championship game now to fix the tcu-Baylor problem from a few years ago. If you win the big 12 championship with zero losses (one loss in some years, you will be in the final 4.

I hope to everything that Seth will stay but let’s not pretend that K-State somehow is not really in the big12.

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Say what you want about K-state but the big 12 has a fake championship game now to fix the tcu-Baylor problem from a few years ago. If you win the big 12 championship with zero losses (one loss in some years, you will be in the final 4.

I hope to everything that Seth will stay but let’s not pretend that K-State somehow is not really in the big12.

That champ game also generates about 30 million dollars, alone. Glad we're nice and comfy here in CUSA with our seasonal 200K. 

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

So you know we turned down an offer to the b12 ? That's outrageous, we should for Wren immediately.

Are you following me? Something needs to be done to scrap the current system. The "P5" universities aren't going to do anything. So, the obligation falls on the "G5" universities to push the envelope. And if it needs to be pushed in court, lawyer up. Or is that too extreme too? 

10 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Not sure this means anything. Highly doubtful Kstate AD would be flying commercial.

There’s no way he would be flying commercial.  Chicago is the layover city for a flight from Manhattan to Fargo. Nothing direct. But that’s when you just give the private plane a call.