Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 hours ago, OUKidder said:

Had to sign up just to correct that statement.

K-State has indeed competed for national championships and would have played in the NC game in 1998 if they hadn't blown a 15-point lead in the conference championship game. They were ranked No. 1 in the coaches' poll before that game. They had 6 top-ten finishes and four consecutive 11-win seasons from 1997 to 2000. K-State was also ranked No. 1 in the BCS poll for most of the 2012 season before losing its 11th game that year. Having played at OU, Seth Littrell is very familiar with K-State's outstanding football program, going to bowl games on a regular basis (though not this year).

20 years ago, in a no longer used system?  I'm sold!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Whatever transpires, I hope it equates to keeping the 2019 verbals.  That’s my #1 concern.

Considering that Kansas State only has 8 commits and is currently ranked 105 in recruiting, I suspect that Littrell, Harrell, and KSU are about to thoroughly pillage what would have been our best class in over a decade.

• Sad 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I believe Healy is now the target for Charlotte since they decided to pull the offer they had out to the JMU coach. Personally i hate to see Seth leave, but if he goes, it needs to be sooner then later. Lots of good candidates have already been lost and i don't want this dragging out for another week or 2. Either he goes to K State in the next day or two or he commits to UNT.  He just needs to do it quick.

Definitely

• Upvote 3

KSU is in the EXACT spot TCU and many other "P5" schools are in. They have to completely and emphatically OBLITERATE every school on their schedule and go 13-0 and hope someone from Bama, Ohio St, Clemson and Penn St has an off year. One "close" game and that's all she wrote. Seth, or any  coach for that matter, would be better off building up a continual winner here and waiting for their shot at a mid tier P5 job. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Considering that Kansas State only has 8 commits and is currently ranked 105 in recruiting, I suspect that Littrell, Harrell, and KSU are about to thoroughly pillage what would have been our best class in over a decade.

If he takes our entire class to Kstate they would instantly be upgraded to a top 25 class!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

KSU is in the EXACT spot TCU and many other "P5" schools are in. They have to completely and emphatically OBLITERATE every school on their schedule and go 13-0 and hope someone from Bama, Ohio St, Clemson and Penn St has an off year. One "close" game and that's all she wrote. Seth, or any  coach for that matter, would be better off building up a continual winner here and waiting for their shot at a mid tier P5 job. 

no undefeated P5 champion has ever been left out of the playoff.  close games or not.  If Seth goes to KSU and goes undefeated, he wins a NC.  period 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Rudy said:

20 years ago, in a no longer used system?  I'm sold!

If you don't see the potential there you're blind.  All they need is the right coach and I don't doubt that K State could be a contender within the next five years with Seth at the helm.  My reasoning:

1) When he came here, he took a roster with almost no talent and won five games and took us to a bowl game.  He has consistently demonstrated that he can develop and get the most out of players even if they aren't top tier recruits.  He has also had a keen eye for JUCO transfers.  I don't think we've had any academic or behavior issues with our JUCOs since he's gotten here. The development aspect is particularly important because convincing 17-18 year olds that coming to Lawrence(derp) Manhattan, Kansas will be a fun time is probably pretty difficult.

2) He knows the big 12 well with his history along with the coaches and the personalities. Not much more to say there.

3) Culturally, Bill Snyder is known as a "class act" kind of guy and if I'm not mistaken he, at least on the surface, appears to run a fairly clean program.  We all know that Seth has kept his nose clean here and has no issues getting rid of players that step out of line (see: Taylor Robinson).

4) The Big 12 is all passing all the time. His system would help modernize the wildcats offense into something that can keep up with the top dogs in the conference.

I don't like this assessment anymore than anyone else on this board, but the more I look at it, the more I think this is a great platform for Littrell to get on board with.  I would love nothing more for him to stay here and make this his home for the next 20 years but I just don't see that as realistic.  Out of all the head coaching jobs that have come up that he was a fit for this season, I think this is the best fit.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What's our Max we can pay SL? At some point I think if we are close we can keep him another year. I wanted and sorta thought he could be our Patterson at TCU or Peterson from Boisie st. Guess we'll see. He is a man of integrity and if he does not go to kstate I think he's back next year for sure

• Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, mgfan said:

Buddy is a booster at K state. He said Seth Litrell going to K State is  done deal.  Could be announced next week.  Possibly Monday. We will see.  

Well there it is, so will he coach the bowl game.  We need a replacement fast to try and keep the recruiting class here. Next question who is he recruiting for KS or UNT?

Edited by southsideguy
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

But that makes my point. Look at OSU and Georgia this year they each have a blowout loss and are in the conversation. Every loss for a non blue blood = 2 losses by a blue blood.

Kstate had 1 loss in it's championship game and dropped to 5.

Gotta add by no way do I think UNT's history or program is better than Kstate. 

But Seth could stay at UNT and have a mediocre or lousy year on '19. He wouldn't be the hot commodity he is at this time. Better to strike while the iron is hot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, OUKidder said:

But Seth could stay at UNT and have a mediocre or lousy year on '19. He wouldn't be the hot commodity he is at this time. Better to strike while the iron is hot.

In fact, due to the losses on the defensive side of the ball (and the struggles with play calling) I would bet we struggle to match this year's record. Schedule should be more difficult also.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, RiseUNT said:

Wouldn't say Kstate is hot. OU is hot. Kstate is another rung on the latter.

It makes more sense for OU to pouch a lower B12 school than a CUSA school though. If it we're me it makes sense. I just F'ing hate it. We want to support our team. The Last Tech game proves this, also that we haven't seen a winner in so long die hards are out numbered by fair weather fans.. That's what sucks, we are having success and support then our head man leaves. To take a page out of SL book this is our first test of a "potential successful program". We have to capitalize like Houston did and hire the right guy to take the next step and continue with positive steps. We have no room for error like bigger conference schools do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, p_phelps said:

It makes more sense for OU to pouch a lower B12 school than a CUSA school though. If it we're me it makes sense. I just F'ing hate it. We want to support our team. The Last Tech game proves this, also that we haven't seen a winner in so long die hards are out numbered by fair weather fans.. That's what sucks, we are having success and support then our head man leaves. To take a page out of SL book this is our first test of a "potential successful program". We have to capitalize like Houston did and hire the right guy to take the next step and continue with positive steps. We have no room for error like bigger conference schools do.

What's more likely

Seth stays here for 5 years and turns us into the g5 darling

Seth goes to Kstate and wins the big 12 in 3 years

• Skeptical Eagle 2

6 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

What's more likely

Seth goes to Kstate and wins the big 12 in 3 years

edit: That's more, I don't think he can win the big 12 in 3 years...he never won CUSA in 3 years...

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

We will be playing the Bowl game with an interim head coach, most likely Mainord (who hopefully doesn’t get poached by SL). They should already be announcing this coaching change (if not announced it yesterday) so our guys can start off their week on Monday with a fresh start after hearing their Bowl announcement tomorrow. No one wants to get the Bowl announcement, get pumped for it, then get this news. K-State can very well take their time since they don’t have a Bowl game, but time is of the essence here for us. IMHO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1