Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Snyder making $3m a year. Can you get to a top P5 program through UNT or do you need to go to a lower P5 first? 

K State is one of those weird schools where they cherish both football and basketball. If SL wants to go to a low level P5 he would be best going to a basketball school where there will be no pressure to win big. A basketball school where getting to 8 wins a for a couple years would be big like Kansas or Iowa State. If he does go to K State and replace their legendary coach, all eyes will be on him. Big risk in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

K State is one of those weird schools where they cherish both football and basketball. If SL wants to go to a low level P5 he would be best going to a basketball school where there will be no pressure to win big. A basketball school where getting to 8 wins a for a couple years would be big like Kansas or Iowa State. If he does go to K State and replace their legendary coach, all eyes will be on him. Big risk in my opinion.

While probably true, you know Seth doesn't think like this. He's not scared of a challenge

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

While probably true, you know Seth doesn't think like this. He's not scared of a challenge

I agree with you but this is also where he needs to calm down and think about his end goal. If he intends on getting to OU, he would be better off staying put for a year to see what happens with Lincoln Riley. Even if it's not necessarily OU, he can get to a big P5 with a big season at UNT next year similar to Tom Herman's trajectory. Going to K State restarts his entire process unless he immediately has a 7+ win season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

What ship is sinking. We have facilities and money in place. The show goes on whoever is at the helm. This ain't rv Athletic department.

You would think with the general hysteria on the board and on twitter that everything is going to hell. Losing SL would hurt a lot, but its just the reality of our station in life.

The reality is that our successful coaches will be poached from now until forever. Even if we match any offer (which we shouldn't), there's no substitute for the limelight of the big time.

Hope I don't have to worry about it this year, but I'm mentally prepared if it does happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

There are more reports besides a KState Message board?

No. The same message board has kept perpetuating the rumor. And Vito lazily just picks up random stories and regurgitates it to drive his twitter and clicks. Seth may very well end up a candidate. He may very well get offered and take the job. But I highly doubt he's K-State's sole focus. Venerables is a grad. Jim Leavitt is a grad and once was there as the heir apparent. Neal Brown is and Satterfield are both still on the market. This is a message board creating "premium" content to get subscribers. Put it this way, you think Wren and Smatresk would call in Brune or Vito and say here's what we are going to do? No. The circle of people in the know on these are incredibly small. All year we heard if Kliff is fired, Seth is the guy at Tech. People on here said their baby's momma's daddy was best friends with someone on the Tech regents who said Seth's the guy. Turns out, that wasn't true. I agree with WB, chill out!!

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

You would think with the general hysteria on the board and on twitter that everything is going to hell. Losing SL would hurt a lot, but its just the reality of our station in life.

The reality is that our successful coaches will be poached from now until forever. Even if we match any offer (which we shouldn't), there's no substitute for the limelight of the big time.

Hope I don't have to worry about it this year, but I'm mentally prepared if it does happen.

Agree. I honestly feel UNT has went from the outhouse to the penthouse. It's almost uncomprehendable to say this, but I truly feel this is the best job in CUSA. I wish someone would anonymously survey CUSA coaches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1