Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Nice hire, I can not figure out why the hate for Wells going to TXTech, is it homerism seeing that SL is not as attractive as fans would like to think? Wells has the 2nd best G5 team in the Country right now. Tech will do well. SL will not even sniff the Colorado or KState jobs. 

Maybe Vandy if Mason leaves but that would be it.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Nice hire, I can not figure out why the hate for Wells going to TXTech, is it homerism seeing that SL is not as attractive as fans would like to think? Wells has the 2nd best G5 team in the Country right now. Tech will do well. SL will not even sniff the Colorado or KState jobs. 

Maybe Vandy if Mason leaves but that would be it.

I don't hate Wells, but in my opinion, Tech is a unique place.  Wells has no ties to Texas, and doesn't know the area.  It is an interesting place in that the people that go there love it and people from outside can't figure out why.  Wells is a good coach, but I will be curious to see what happens to their recruiting.

Honestly surprised they didn't go after Sonnie Cumbie.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't hate Wells, but in my opinion, Tech is a unique place.  Wells has no ties to Texas, and doesn't know the area.  It is an interesting place in that the people that go there love it and people from outside can't figure out why.  Wells is a good coach, but I will be curious to see what happens to their recruiting.

Honestly surprised they didn't go after Sonnie Cumbie.

I'll bet Wells will be able to find some guys to place on his staff that will have "Texas ties".  For instance, he may be interested in an ace recruiting special teams coordinator from Denton.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

As I previously mentioned.. Happy to see this getting close...for K-State we are getting a heck of a coach... for North Texas I have no doubt sucess will continue and I look forward to witnessing both. 

RUMOR: KSU'S SNYDER CLOSE TO STEPPING DOWN; LITTRELL A TOP TARGET (11/29: 5:30 P.M. CT)

8844673.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Reese Strickland, USA TODAY Sports)

247Sports Take: Tim Fitzgerald of 247Sports' GoPowercat.com is reporting in a VIP board post that legendary coach Bill Snyder is likely to step down from his post at Kansas State by week's end. Kansas State's power brass is targeting North Texas' Seth Littrell as its first option to replace Snyder, who's 215-117 in two separate stints at KSU.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, smoothfresh said:

As I previously mentioned.. Happy to see this getting close...for K-State we are getting a heck of a coach... for North Texas I have no doubt sucess will continue and I look forward to witnessing both. 

RUMOR: KSU'S SNYDER CLOSE TO STEPPING DOWN; LITTRELL A TOP TARGET (11/29: 5:30 P.M. CT)

8844673.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Reese Strickland, USA TODAY Sports)

247Sports Take: Tim Fitzgerald of 247Sports' GoPowercat.com is reporting in a VIP board post that legendary coach Bill Snyder is likely to step down from his post at Kansas State by week's end. Kansas State's power brass is targeting North Texas' Seth Littrell as its first option to replace Snyder, who's 215-117 in two separate stints at KSU.

If they want to pay his buyout more power to them.

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Texas Tech hired North Texas Coach Jerry Moore who departed Denton after only 2 seasons with an unimpressive .500 W/L record so you never know what P5 College AD soothsayers will do.  (Jerry Moore’s 3’rd HFC’s gig proved to be a charm for him).

Best news for North Texas if Littrell is offered & leaves is I don’t think Wren Baker will disappoint us with SL’s replacement.

With our burgeoning athletic facilities & location toward the top of our school’s own list of positive benefits, it’s easy to say the North Texas job is one of the top 5 G5 jobs that will be sought by numerous quality coaches. Some of the name coaches that apply (if we have an opening) may surprise many. 

An established (older) new UNT HFC who has done all the courting & moving up the NCAA  ladder that a young coach will (understandably) do might be the ticket for UNT this next go around; that is, if Littrell is offered by KSU & accepts.  (Would it be a shocker if he didn’t)?😊

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Tommy Tuberville had the highest rated recruiting class in Tech history and he didn't have "Texas Ties"

He was DC at A&M under R.C. Slocum.

EDIT:  Well, that post was pretty insignificant compared to those that follow.  I hope SL chooses to stay, but I couldn't blame him for taking that gig.  IMO, it would be a solid hire for K-State.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98