Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just now, southsideguy said:

When is signing day again?

There are 2.
"Early" Signing day is December 19th.     If Seth gets snapped up, we'll know before then.
Signing Day is in early February.    The entire staff will be in place by then, be it an entirely new staff with new HC, or just backfilling any assistants that may leave.

Maybe old news but our old pal Jimmy Leavitt has interviewed with Texas Tech and Colorado according to this article from 25 minutes ago:

Leavitt this week interviewed with Texas Tech officials about becoming the Red Raiders new head coach. Texas Tech fired their head coach and former player Kliff Kingsbury on Sunday after the Red Raiders went 5-7 in 2018. He was 35-40 in six seasons as the head coach.

247Sports's Steve Wiltfong has also reported Leavitt has had discussions with Colorado about their head coaching position that is open. Kansas State's head coach position may also open up this offseason with Bill Snyder likely retiring, and Leavitt would become a target for that job as well.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Football-Jim-Leavitt-interview-head-coach-opening-Texas-Tech-125505843/

So they will be talking to the Troy coach. Looks like it will cost about 3 million to buy him out of his contract.

Pursuant to an open records request, the Dothan Eagle has obtained the coaching contracts for new Troy Trojans head football coach Neal Brown and four members of his staff.

Contracts for defensive coordinator Vic Koenning, co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Matt Moore, defensive line coach Byron “Bam” Hardmon, wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams and assistant head coach/linebacker coach Jon Sumrall have not been officially executed, according to Nick Cervera, general counsel for Troy University.

As reported by the Eagle at the time of his hire in December, Brown will make $660,000 per year. According to a letter of intent obtained by the Eagle, the contract ends March 31, 2019, unless it has been extended beforehand.

Brown’s contract includes several bonuses, most notably $150,000 if Troy earns a spot in the College Football Playoffs. If Troy makes a bowl game with a payout of at least $3 million, Brown will receive $100,000.

Any bowl invitation with less than a $3 million payout nets Brown $50,000.

Brown will receive a $15,000 bonus for each Sun Belt Conference win above four, and his base salary will be adjusted the next year to reflect the bonus. For example, seven conference victories will earn Brown $45,000 within 30 days of accomplishing the feat plus raise his base salary $45,000 for the next year.

Edited by southsideguy

I think this pretty much sums up the situation at Texas Tech... my point is that Littrell is possibly TOO much like Coach Bro in terms of offensive minded and young... they may lean towards a more defensive minded coach or someone with more experience:

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

As I stated before Kingsbury should be at the the top of list! Maybe $2m and new facilities and HC may attract him. He is getting a lot of attention!

If it's about money, sadly he can make more as a coordinator at a big P5 or or in the NFL.

If it's about being a head coach, then we have a chance but there are probably some lower level p5 places that would take him right now.

25 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

If it's about money, sadly he can make more as a coordinator at a big P5 or or in the NFL.

If it's about being a head coach, then we have a chance but there are probably some lower level p5 places that would take him right now.

Top Co ordinator pay is Venables at $1.7 m. I would be surprised if he got an offer from a P5, the pros are a strong possibility! Be a HC now would a major selling point!

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, smoothfresh said:

At K-State....Bill Snyder and AD Gene Taylor are meeting today.... as I mentioned previously... Seth and K-State are very close 

Regarding that TTech screenshot... Leech won't go back to Texas Tech unless they plan to pay him what he's owed from 2009.  He's said this repeatedly...  Also lets face it, everything he does is for one last shot some where on the big stage in the SEC as a HC.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm telling y'all...
If Satterfield, Wells & Littrell get poached while Brown gets left on the vine at Troy, he'll be available.

If Satterfield, Wells and Littrell get poached and Troy Is on the vine then 3 ADs need to have heads examined and Wren needs to be on a plane to Troy with a contract that will double Browns pay

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't get this hire at all.

I think it's pretty good.

Matt Wells is USU's ALL TIME LEADER IN WINS at 44-33. That school historically has been almost as bad as we are. He has an OC that has experience under Gary Pinkel(He was the OC for Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert) with stops under Leach and Oregon, so the offense fits, and he's had much better defensive numbers in arguably the most competitive G5 conference.

He's been to 5 bowl games in 6 years and is responsible for 2 of the 3 ten win seasons at USU(and was the OC for the 3rd).

Recruiting in the middle of nowhere with much bigger names to compete with in the state(Utah and BYU).

Sounds like he fits Tech perfectly.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

No ties to Texas.  At least you can recruit to the area in Logan.  Lubbock is difficult to recruit to in the first place, made even more difficult by the fact that many coaches in TX high schools probably do not know him.

I think he is a solid hire. More success than SL so far in a more difficult place to win. He doesn’t need Texas ties if he hires well. 

• Upvote 2