Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Very concerned about K-State. 😢

We need to start a social media program to sway KSU fans to keep Snyder around for one more year.  If it can work for swaying elections, it has to be able to work on hiring head coaches.  

Alright, who's gonna pitch in to help me buy ad words. 

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

We need to start a social media program to sway KSU fans to keep Snyder around for one more year.  If it can work for swaying elections, it has to be able to work on hiring head coaches.  

Alright, who's gonna pitch in to help me buy ad words. 

Russians love college football

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Mainord over Harrell?

Interesting.....

Why would anyone want Harrell as our head coach? He wasn’t qualified to be an OC and now he is suddenly qualified to be a head coach? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think his ENTIRE coaching experience consists of five years! 

“... spent two seasons at Washington State. He was promoted to outside receivers coach in 2015 and helped lead the Cougars to an 8-4 season and a berth in the Sun Bowl.” 

That is it. Two years before NT. And in the second he was promoted to outside receivers coach, from what GA? Passing game analyst? 

Harrell’s popularity is solely due to his playing days and his daddy’s coaching legacy. He is not qualified to be our next head coach!

Mainord, on the other hand began his career in 1999 and “Mainord, who spent his previous three seasons at Kentucky, has deep Texas ties having coached at Texas Tech, Lamar, Sam Houston State and Tarleton State.” So yes Mainord over Harrell, FFS. But honestly, he does not have enough coordinator experience as far as I am concerned to be considered either. 

Aim higher! 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, 97and03 said:

Why would anyone want Harrell as our head coach? He wasn’t qualified to be an OC and now he is suddenly qualified to be a head coach? Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think his ENTIRE coaching experience consists of five years! 

“... spent two seasons at Washington State. He was promoted to outside receivers coach in 2015 and helped lead the Cougars to an 8-4 season and a berth in the Sun Bowl.” 

That is it. Two years before NT. And in the second he was promoted to outside receivers coach, from what GA? Passing game analyst? 

Harrell’s popularity is solely due to his playing days and his daddy’s coaching legacy. He is not qualified to be our next head coach!

Mainord, on the other hand began his career in 1999 and “Mainord, who spent his previous three seasons at Kentucky, has deep Texas ties having coached at Texas Tech, Lamar, Sam Houston State and Tarleton State.” So yes Mainord over Harrell, FFS. But honestly, he does not have enough coordinator experience as far as I am concerned to be considered either. 

Aim higher! 

I think people are just concerned that what Littrell has built is shaky, and they want continuity to keep things in tact, along with familiarity.   

I think the foundation Littrell has laid is strong, and a good one for whoever the next guy is to build upon.    For now, it's looking like Littrell is going to continue building, and that's good for us!

10 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

But honestly, he does not have enough coordinator experience as far as I am concerned to be considered either. 

We aren't hiring Mainord to Coordinate the offense. He would be hired to maintain and continue the foundation Seth has built. Most successful G5s build from within. See Boise and App State.  He is Seths right hand man and could easily be the face of the program. He is our best recruiter and player love him.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

We aren't hiring Mainord to Coordinate the offense. He would be hired to maintain and continue the foundation Seth has built. Most successful G5s build from within. See Boise and App State.  He is Seths right hand man and could easily be the face of the program. He is our best recruiter and player love him.

If the hire HAD to be from within, and anyone was game, I would choose him over Reff... and definitely over Graham.

15 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

Yesterday he wasn't leaving.  Today the chances are increasing rapidly.

This is enough of a roller coaster ride without our beat writer toying with us.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1

If I was to place odds on Seth leaving after this season, I would probably make them about 4 to 1.  in other words, I strongly think that he will be here next season.

Seth is building a great resume.    Right now it is good enough to be considered for one or more P5 jobs.  But, I am not sure it is strong enough yet to actual get offered a position that he would really want.    He is doing a terrific here.   I just think he needs at least 1 more successful season behind him before serious offers start coming in.

If our team was undefeated or had 1 loss right now, I would think differently.  But, they started off so strong and received all that national attention after going 4-0.   Since then, they have been an average CUSA team.    I think the last 8 games might cause just a bit of hesitation for P5 schools with open positions.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3

"The expectation among those in the industry is that Littrell will be among the coaches several of those programs are or will consider along with Troy coach Neal Brown, Appalachian State coach Scott Satterfield, Utah State coach Matt Wells and Boise State coach Bryan Harsin."

The only thing....if you look at it objectively, I would say Littrell ranks #5 on that list of 5 coaches from an accomplishment standpoint 

At least to this point....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brett Vito said:

What other programs?  What are your "sources" telling you?  You say in your clickbait headline that he is being vetted by Tech, but in the article say that he isn't being heavily considered by Tech.  What other "multiple programs"?  Please elaborate.

17 minutes ago, LittleMeanGreenMan said:

What other programs?  What are your "sources" telling you?  You say in your clickbait headline that he is being vetted by Tech, but in the article say that he isn't being heavily considered by Tech.  What other "multiple programs"?  Please elaborate.

you have to wait for his Monday column. He'll clear it all up then....

• Lovely Take 1

30 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Tech being so silent worries me.  I think after the bowl game we will hear something.

I don’t think you will have to wait that long with early signing day coming before most bowl games. Coaches are being snapped up very quickly this year.