Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

1 minute ago, Stan R said:

Crazy report that Mike Leach has indicated that he's interested in the FT Worth star telegram today...  Donors lining up too. 

If true, he's gotta be screwing with them...  right?     

Seems like something he would do, and with how things ended there, I cannot imagine him wanting to actually return.

• Haha 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

If true, he's gotta be screwing with them...  right?     

Seems like something he would do, and with how things ended there, I cannot imagine him wanting to actually return.

I dunno.  I'm all for it.  Would be hilarious to see him return to the Big12. Let's see.

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

SL has a way to go before he gets serious consideration by an OU or TT...until then seems like his agent is leveraging a higher salary for his client by continuously putting his name out there for these jobs like UNC or TT. 

This is laughable, and I really hope it doesn't work.  We're bidding against ourselves if this is the case. 
I think Smatty & Wren are smart enough to know what's going on.   Littrell is already one of the highest paid G5 coaches.    Money is not the problem with him.   

People like Troy need to worry because Neal Brown is NOT one of the highest paid G5 coaches, and may consider a move to another richer G5 like Memphis (assuming Norvell goes somewhere) he doesn't get a shot at a P5 himself.

2 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

DRC: The odds of Littrell returning for a fourth season at UNT are on the rise with what has transpired at North Carolina, Texas Tech

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/the-odds-of-littrell-returning-to-unt-going-up-quickly/article_13805c93-43bc-5674-8755-b9d87089a41d.html

Good.  We need to sign this class.  

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is laughable, and I really hope it doesn't work.  We're bidding against ourselves if this is the case. 
I think Smatty & Wren are smart enough to know what's going on.   Littrell is already one of the highest paid G5 coaches.    Money is not the problem with him.   

People like Troy need to worry because Neal Brown is NOT one of the highest paid G5 coaches, and may consider a move to another richer G5 like Memphis (assuming Norvell goes somewhere) he doesn't get a shot at a P5 himself.

I would think they are. However, I don't think Seth has more to prove to get a Power 5 job. But in these two cases, SL looked a lot like Kliff (young air raid coach whose defenses haven't been great) and was Fedora's guy. Both probably hurt his chances at the respective schools. I also think UNC was only able to afford to make a chance because they hired Mack who is wildly popular there. That's probably helped raise the dollars to pay Fedora.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

38 pages of pure speculation and hand wringing over what appears to be nothing.

In a way you are right, provided we get past this part of the carousel. But don't forget, one or two more coaches might get canned after their bowl games, and maybe some ADs are just slower with their firings than others, needing the political support first.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

8R6d.gif

• Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, laxtonto said:

What is UNC doing? Brown is 67 and has always been a CEO type coach that has relied his assistants. I’m just not sure how that fixes their problems.

Ohh well, good for UNT and for limiting SL landing spots, but this one is a head scratcher to me for UNC. 

The discussion I've read is this move establishes Mack Brown's direct line to be... the AD-in-waiting?? It's all so strange.

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

we aren't out of the woods yet. It is day 2 of coaching Carosel

My point was that no matter what we do, it is out of our hands.  It just bugs me that this thread is pinned right where potential recruits can log in and read all the speculation.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My point was that no matter what we do, it is out of our hands.  It just bugs me that this thread is pinned right where potential recruits can log in and read all the speculation.

You would rather have twenty threads all over several pages? I have to merge several threads every week.  And that's just people who don't bother to post in the mega thread.  Without the mega thread there would be new threads every. single. day.

If what you want is to not read about it, then don't click this thread. People are going to want to talk about it, obviously, and we aren't going to censor those threads just because we want SL to stay.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Trust me recruits are well aware of the situation before they ever log on to gmg. And when they do its to see their own recruiting page 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

You would rather have twenty threads all over several pages? I have to merge several threads every week.  And that's just people who don't bother to post in the mega thread.  Without the mega thread there would be new threads every. single. day.

If what you want is to not read about it, then don't click this thread. People are going to want to talk about it, obviously, and we aren't going to censor those threads just because we want SL to stay.

Nope, I prefer one thread, but why pin it?  It is like owning a nice cafe and then posting on yojr webpage your speculation about your chef leaving.  Makes no sense to me.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3